IGNORED

Scottish Independence

SARJ

I especially love the way the Iye (yes in English) scots go on about wanting a left wing government, not the f-ing tory's.

Did they complain when they had 17 years of labour, and even a scottish PM??

No, they f-ing did not. It is a highly childish, non-democratic argument.

If you live in a democracy, you HAVE to accept the majority decision - you just cannot expect to have it your way all the time.

Personally, I completely accept the right to hold a vote, and do what you wish - it is however, ridiculous to think they could possibly be better off.

TFR (sponsored by John Lewis, BP, Royal Bank of Scotland).

P.S. When is Braveheart on telly up there?

I especially love the way the Iye (yes in English) scots go on about wanting a left wing government, not the f-ing tory's.

Did they complain when they had 17 years of labour, and even a scottish PM??

No, they f-ing did not. It is a highly childish, non-democratic argument.

If you live in a democracy, you HAVE to accept the majority decision - you just cannot expect to have it your way all the time.

Personally, I completely accept the right to hold a vote, and do what you wish - it is however, ridiculous to think they could possibly be better off.

TFR (sponsored by John Lewis, BP, Royal Bank of Scotland).

P.S. When is Braveheart on telly up there?

I did point out to a Scottish Facebook Friend who was complaining about voting yes because he was sick of living under Tory Governments, that he was actually only 15 the last time there was a 'Tory Government'. He was not a fan of my view point

Yes I expect that'll happen Es......

*rolls eyes*

Phew, well that's ok as long as I have your guarantee, is it a lifetime guarantee?.

'closes eyes' and imagines a country where Euan Blair has been anointed life long president of what's left of the UK but is actually a puppet of his evil father and the rest of the Blair witch project, of course Scotland must be taken back by force, there will be blood, as long as there's wonga, the Blair family motto.

Phew, well that's ok as long as I have your guarantee, is it a lifetime guarantee?.

'closes eyes' and imagines a country where Euan Blair has been anointed life long president of what's left of the UK but is actually a puppet of his evil father and the rest of the Blair witch project, of course Scotland must be taken back by force, there will be blood, as long as there's wonga, the Blair family motto.

If there's one prime minister who has lost Scotland - other than Cameron who agreed to the referendum on the anniversary of Bannockburn with Salmond's choice of wording on the ballot and Salmond's choice of electorate - it's Thatcher. She's the political poison up there, and having a government dominated by her fans - and a rising party headed by another fan - could see the union off.

And if that happens say hello to recession down here as well as up there.

Dear old Maggie. Still causing economic chaos after her death.

If there's one prime minister who has lost Scotland - other than Cameron who agreed to the referendum on the anniversary of Bannockburn with Salmond's choice of wording on the ballot and Salmond's choice of electorate - it's Thatcher. She's the political poison up there, and having a government dominated by her fans - and a rising party headed by another fan - could see the union off.

Why?  I am not getting the markets' reaction.  Scotland has a tiny economy relative to England, the big financial institutions will just relocate to London.  I can see the Scottish economy will go down the tubes but the rest of the UK will gain high-paid jobs and lose the benefits subsidy paid to Scotland.

This is not an "eff off Scotland post", just pointing out the obvious. Independence will mean recession and big financial problems - for Scotland.

Why? I am not getting the markets' reaction. Scotland has a tiny economy relative to England, the big financial institutions will just relocate to London. I can see the Scottish economy will go down the tubes but the rest of the UK will gain high-paid jobs and lose the benefits subsidy paid to Scotland.

This is not an "eff off Scotland post", just pointing out the obvious. Independence will mean recession and big financial problems - for Scotland.

One word: uncertainty. The markets hate it and an independent Scotland is steeped in it. How much of the national debt will Scotland take on ? What assets will they claim? What currency will they use? Until things are signed in blood, it's unlikely that there'll be significant investment from outside the UK either side of the border until all things independence are signed in blood. I don't think any recession is likely to be as deep or as sustained as it'll be for the Scots, but I'm sure it'll happen

Why? I am not getting the markets' reaction. Scotland has a tiny economy relative to England, the big financial institutions will just relocate to London. I can see the Scottish economy will go down the tubes but the rest of the UK will gain high-paid jobs and lose the benefits subsidy paid to Scotland.

CD just summed it up.

In the very long-term we may well be better off, but we've already seen very large falls in sterling prices because of the possibility of separation. I'd not underestimate the loss of 97% of oil revenue either.

Well I suppose things might have gone better had the politicians of ALL persuasions not believed a NO vote was a given and actually campaigned the way they are campaigning now and had a figure head with a bit of passion and not Alister ******* Darling.

We all have our cross to bear RR and I suspect Iraq will still be in a bloody chaos long after Blair is shovelling hot shit in hell perhaps stood next to the woman of whom he was a big fan, Maggie Thatcher I believe her name is.

the are some good things about it, if they go independant and not in the EU we can see the effects it has and use it as a yard stick for us leaving the EU,

Etherway salmond has got what he wanted, Yes vote more powers for scotland, no vote more powers for scotland, its win win for them

the are some good things about it, if they go independant and not in the EU we can see the effects it has and use it as a yard stick for us leaving the EU,

Etherway salmond has got what he wanted, Yes vote more powers for scotland, no vote more powers for scotland, its win win for them

Win in the short term, but long term its a disaster for them.

On the assumption you can take or leave scotch whiskey, what is there to like about scotland?

Chips, mosquittos, irn-bru, fat people, gingers, the worst football competition in the world, the weather, the proclaimers (they are doing the new national anthem), freezing cold sea, dark all winter, you can't understand a word they say - even though they are trying to speak ENGLISH.

I suppose the lead singer from Texas is OK.

:dunno:

TFR

Preaching to the choir here but if I was a Scot the first question I would ask myself is 'why do we have a union'? Scotland needed the union and was the reason we have the UK!

• Scotland attempts 'Empire' to be on the world stage and global trade (like the English)
  • Scotland fails miserably due to typical bad management and investing nearly HALF of all its money on the above - i.e. punching well above its weight. On the verge of bankruptcy.
  • Scotland pushes for a union to succeed at point one and resolve point two. We now have a UK.
  • England bails out Scotland.
  • Scottish pound given a fixed 1:1 with the English pound leading too.....monetary union!
  • Big Empire

Now we have Scots in their millions rioting and protesting to be independent from a union they never wanted, despise and were forced into.

Oh wait no we don't we have a middle-aged Scottish politician trying to get votes from 16-18 year olds who join the debate for 'the free WiFi'. Seriously the stuff on Twitter yesterday was hilarious.

.......... at which point we send the Heavy Horses back in, rout their cavalry, and take the stone of destiny back to Westminster.

The scots beg to be taken back into the union, and are made to kiss the queens arse live on Channel 4 news.

Boris Johnson is crowned Lord Protector of the Highlands, and everyone from Glasgow is put on a jolly good lettuce detox diet for 12 months.

Any questions?

TFR

.......... at which point we send the Heavy Horses back in, rout their cavalry, and take the stone of destiny back to Westminster.

The scots beg to be taken back into the union, and are made to kiss the queens arse live on Channel 4 news.

Boris Johnson is crowned Lord Protector of the Highlands, and everyone from Glasgow is put on a jolly good lettuce detox diet for 12 months.

Any questions?

TFR

Yes my question is, is that deep fried chocolate coated lettuce?

Yes and one other question, will it be law for a Englishmen to be able to have a go on Lorraine Kelly's tat's at any time?

This is starting to get a little worrying. If Scotland do leave, both us and they will suffer because of it. I can't help but feel that Scottish people are voting with their hearts and not their heads.

The fact that North-Korea are the only country in the world in support of separation is all the evidence you need, to know that it's not a good idea.

Was in Scotland two weeks ago...and the following facts were glaringly obvious:

1. The Yes voters are in an even bigger time warp than thelegendary Gobbers. They bang on and on and on about Maggie, DESPITE the fact Maggie lost power in 88 and we have since had not one but two Jock PM's and one chancellors of the exchequer, one foreign secretary and two (at least) defence secretaries who are Jocks since.

2. Salmond and the yes campaign have not made the case for independence from a financial, or defence point of view. Mrs Bucks n me went and attempted debate with these *****, and got even ****** LESS of a straight answer on either topic, than we did off the No campaign where we spoke to Jim Murphy (DEfence minister junior in the last Liebur Goevrnment) Murphy in person was a pretty pleasant and likeable individual, although as he was defence minister his shocking llack of knowledge of the forces was frightening. Key point he did answer fairly honestly the questions we asked. The lying mother******s on the Yes campaign did neither answer, nor bullshit, just launch into pretty much an anti English, anti Tory, anti Westminster rant. Clearly Salmond and his ****** Rottweiler Nicola Sturgeon are obviously totally honest and upright politicians. Yeah ****** right....sleekit, smarmy ****** ********. and his rottweiler is like a simpering groupie, gives me the urge to vomit whenever she opens her trap.

3. The yes campaign remind me of the left wing demos of the 80's, going in and disrupting no campaign meetings, the certainly are intimidating no campaigners/businesses and also from what I saw individuals who want to vote no. and all deniable from Salmonds shower...Not good.

4. These promises of devo max being promised if they vote no, surely cant be legal without a vote from the taxpayers in England.

5. A lot of the yes voters appear to be coming from the doleys, and the genuine cases of need, who Salmond has bullshitted about the perfidious English taking their money. Hes also put a clearly inaccurate statement of the NHS being privatised by the bloody English in Westminster. This has been proved to be a lie, but the lie is sticking.

6. Hes comparing Scotland to Norway, but Norway has 8 quid pints, 12 pound visits to the doctor and 32 quid visits to the doctor. Oh he hasnt mentioned Norwegian prices though.

One thing has to change, ENGLAND, or its regions MUST get either a national parliament or Regional Assemblies, so we can repair our roads, hospitals, schools and not have to sub Jocks, Paddies, Taff sand Northerners in theirs.

For the record I am a no voter, breaking up the Union would result in the entire British Isles being less defensible, and therefore Europe & NATO....and my missus family are all Scottish.

There is one advantage though, we wouldnt have to put up with them racist scumbags of Celtic FC...

Better together? My arse. If I was Scotch it would be a massive YES. No English supermarket would tell me what to do.

If you were scotch you would be a roll of tape, a slab of beef or a whiskey. You wouldn't be a fat ginger deep fried mars bar eating drunk. Hence you could not vote yes.

A whisky surely, Leggy?

He'd be Iritch if he spelled it with an e?

;-)

:laugh: that is what comes of calling your cat whiskey and adding it to your phones dictionary! Didn't know the Irish spelt it with a e! Learn something new every day!

Not just the Irish, look at a bottle of Jack, or Jim Bean.

The provenance of whisky v whiskey is interesting. Originally, all whisky was 'e-less', but in the latter half of the 19th century, Scottish whisky was generally of a poor quality and anything that was good wasn't being exported, the the Irish distillers (once much more numerous than in the present day) added an 'e' to differentiate their superior product. For the same reasons, as well as the cessation of the civil war, this period saw a massive growth in distilling within the United States and these new distilleries adopted the 'whiskey' spelling to associate with the superior Irish product. In statute in the USA, it's still legally 'whisky' because the primary legislation on regulation and taxation of spirits came in prior to the advent of 'whiskey' and nobodies ever bothered to vary it. There are a couple of US brands which use 'whisky' due to Scottish heritage, Makers Mark being most prominent. The rest of the world tends to use 'whisky' as Scotch once again rose to prominence in the 20th century due to massive upturn in quality and the new world whisky producers wanted to associate with that, rather than the declining Irish style or the post-prohibition cooking booze that the yanks were turning out

it's getting really silly now, in his panic Cameron and co. offering Scots far too much and England will be funding it.

Scotland already enjoys benefits that England doesn't and he is offering them more FFS and he still wants to allow Scots MP's vote on strictly English issues, you couldn't make it up.

**** em.

it's getting really silly now, in his panic Cameron and co. offering Scots far too much and England will be funding it.

Scotland already enjoys benefits that England doesn't and he is offering them more FFS and he still wants to allow Scots MP's vote on strictly English issues, you couldn't make it up.

**** em.

I thought you French people loved the Scottish!

Archived