IGNORED

Fan Involvement And Bs - Bcfc

Cowshed

I don't think it's as simple as that...

Seriously...would any fan have voted for the collar we have now?

Maybe the design...but not the material.

I thought the shirt was very popular and well received?

Weren't the issues manufacturing?

And all anyone would vote on would be the design, wouldn't it?

I thought the shirt was very popular and well received?

Weren't the issues manufacturing?

And all anyone would vote on would be the design, wouldn't it?

I'd be interested to know how many they sell of them before they flog em for a tenner.

The purple and lime will probably sell more numbers.

The only justification I can give for Dave L's comments is that previews of the home/ away/ third shirts are sent to potential sponsors way before they are ever sent to fans. If fans start leaking information about kit colours, particularly the away/ third kits, then sponsors may be a little upset/ put off emblazoning their logo on the kit.

All in all though, that is pretty petty to be honest.

The only justification I can give for Dave L's comments is that previews of the home/ away/ third shirts are sent to potential sponsors way before they are ever sent to fans. If fans start leaking information about kit colours, particularly the away/ third kits, then sponsors may be a little upset/ put off emblazoning their logo on the kit.

All in all though, that is pretty petty to be honest.

If information is so sensitive at these Fan Network meetings the Supporters present should be signing confidentiality agreements as they would at focus groups used by other businesses.

BS should be solution focused rather than petty and mean spirited. The idea of having a shirt "inspired by fans" etc is more than sound. It is where fans can easily be involved in THEIR club. It is an easy gain for BS to make more of and explore further.

You think that you would get a consensus ?

In any case, I would think that the vast majority wouldn't give a toss about the kit, maybe on here but out in the real world as long as the kit is identifiable with City most couldn't give a toss about design. It's all a bit daft stressing about a football shirt tbh.

I beg to differ. If that was the case, manufacturers wouldn't go to great lengths to make new designs every season.

They would just keep to the same one if it didn't make a difference.

I don't but modern football shirts, as I don't like them...I hate advertising....but obviously it is a lucrative market.

Listening to people down the pub discussing the look of kits and whether they would buy them also makes me think it does matter.

People like different things, so there is no way "the fans" as a whole can decide on a design.

The club should listen to ideas & feedback and go with what seems most popular.

This us what they have done.

Where is the problem..?

I don't know anything about the other mods post, but as far as I'm concerned the only info I ever read as a fan was the home shirt was going to be red (obviously) and it would have a collar. It was also stated that 'people would love it' and 'it is sort of retro'.

I'm very surprised and disappointed if the club uses this 'leak' to prevent fans from having any input into the shirts in the future, we may as well have just stayed with Adidas and had the stock design thrust upon us.

I'm not sure either if the club won't use the leak excuse to prevent fan input into ground design in future.

I'm very surprised and disappointed if the club uses this 'leak' to prevent fans from having any input into the shirts in the future, we may as well have just stayed with Adidas and had the stock design thrust upon us.

You think we left Adidas due to anything apart from the fact we could make more money doing it our self?

You think we left Adidas due to anything apart from the fact we could make more money doing it our self?

No, money is king in this football business. Look how popular the purple and lime shirts are, they could have sold out 10 times over, and this is because of fan demand which would not have been possible with Adidas or other big brands. Maybe these shirts are too popular and the 'proper' away and maybe the home shirts aren't selling?

I'm sure one of the reasons though the shirt manufacturer was sold to us was the fact we (club & fans) could have more input into design and delivery deadlines, cost was obviously high up the list when the club negotiated the contract too. But I remember comments at the time that the shirts weren't as competitively priced as hoped but there were deals for a while.

People like different things, so there is no way "the fans" as a whole can decide on a design.

The club should listen to ideas feedback and go with what seems most popular.

This us what they have done.

Where is the problem..?

A quick browse of SC&T surveys highlights fans of City like those of any other club do reach a consensus on many topics.

Involving fans in "Your City, Your shirt" was trumpeted as a success. The shirt was advertised as "inspired by the fans", or something similar. Due to the FAN, the group you take part in BS - BCFC listening to ideas and reacting to feedback on kit design will cease. That appears short sighted and ?

It's a dangerous game this. Give an inch and people want a mile. I don't know of how many FL clubs involve fans in kit design (even once), but I'd wager it's not many.

I don't know of how many FL clubs involve .. Numerous, it is not unusual.

Bristol City fans in the past have voted on kit designs and club badge.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/20130927-yourshirt-1079905.aspx

What has changed?

That appears short sighted and ?

And?  Dave L's response is quite ambiguous.  I have no idea what it means.  It doesn't state there is is no consultation, it doesn't state there is consultation.  It just says the club is pretty pissed off someone shot their mouth off and the fans may be consulted in some way.

And? Dave L's response is quite ambiguous. I have no idea what it means. It doesn't state there is is no consultation, it doesn't state there is consultation. It just says the club is pretty pissed off someone shot their mouth off and the fans may be consulted in some way.

Its states they are "already" in the early stages of "design" and it "could" be that fans are involved further down the line.

Compare that to "Your City, Your shirt"?

The only ambiguity is who WE are now is. BS or BCFC? The WE does not involve the fans of BCFC.

It's a dangerous game this. Give an inch and people want a mile. I don't know of how many FL clubs involve fans in kit design (even once), but I'd wager it's not many.

Can you articulate what the dangerous effects have been of involving fans in kit selection and design in the past at Bristol City, and at the involvement of fans at too numerous to mention clubs in all four divisions?

Archived