IGNORED

Fan Involvement And Bs - Bcfc

Cowshed

The response was simply that no one person is culpable of leaking the design. However, enough bits of information got out to allow some bright spark to produce a mock up.

I am at a loss to understand what the overall impact of this has been other than to extend slightly the already planned teaser campaign. The question has been asked about any financial impact.

If this is being held up as a reason to close the door on fan consultation by Bristol Sport, then that would be very sad,

The response was simply that no one person is culpable of leaking the design. However, enough bits of information got out to allow some bright spark to produce a mock up.

I am at a loss to understand what the overall impact of this has been other than to extend slightly the already&planned teaser campaign. The question has been asked about any financial impact.

If this is being held up as a reason to close the door on fan consultation by Bristol Sport, then that would be very sad,

Did this decision also involve Bristol City?

This was once Bristol City's kit not Bristol Sports.

I am at a loss to understand what the overall impact of this has been other than to extend slightly the already planned teaser campaign. The question has been asked about any financial impact.

I m very disappointed for all involved. We are getting capacity crowds, the shirts are flying off the shelves and it would seem the only financial impact is positive! Until someone shows me otherwise I will 100% believe this to be true.

It would seem from your response Thatcham, that the club are not blaming individuals, as they are unable to name them or do not wish to take up or have action taken against them, so they indict the entire supporters team that worked on the shirt. However any one person or persons could have leaked details, including people within the club, so I will assume an investigation of sorts has been carried out finding you all responsible!? (That was irony, just in case)

Did this decision also involve Bristol City?

This was once Bristol City's kit not Bristol Sports.

An interesting thought! I assume that the Club and Supporters come up with a basic design and then tweak it with the manufacturer. The shirt is obviously BCFC's shirt and I would be amazed that any veto of fan participation had anything to do with Bristol Sport...Clarification would be nice, 

For the record, I have bought simply dozens of shirts hats scarves mugs key chains et al from Bristol City FC over a 50 year period. I will refrain from this activity until someone sees/shows a little sanity.

It could be that as part of the kit deal with addidas we could not reveal our new kit till a certain date. If the new kit was revealed ahead of time then people may not have invested in last seasons kit. 

I am sorry if my response on the Q and A thread has led people to infer that there will be no consultation on the shirt. Everyone at Bristol City / Bristol Sport is very keen to see that continue, and there will be an opportunity for supporters to have their say.

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/165169-club-kit-and-colours/

"Unfortunately details of last year's shirt were leaked in advance of release by some people who had been involved in the consultation. As a result, we will not be offering the same level of access to the decision-making process this year. We are currently in the early stages of design for next year's shirt, and it could be that supporters might be given the opportunity to have their say further down the line".

"WE WILL NOT BE OFFERING THE SAME LEVEL OF ACCESS TO THE DECISION MAKING-PROCESS THIS YEAR"

Fan involvement is being REDUCED. The same opportunity as last season will not be present for the fans of BCFC, or improved upon.

Why? It is being more than inferred that a Fans body can't be trusted.

Maybe they don't want it leaked as to tie in with the Bristol Sport logo we will be changing to a blue and white kit next season in order that Bristol, rugby and ourselves can wear similar colours and market merchandise accordingly :whistle2:  

Completely agree with the sentiment that at a time when we are riding high in the league, playing well, scoring 3 goals a game, getting good crowds and feeling good about being a City fan, it is sad we are even talking about this.

This should have been dealt with off line amongst the people involved e.g. FAN

I am sorry if my response on the Q and A thread has led people to infer that there will be no consultation on the shirt. Everyone at Bristol City / Bristol Sport is very keen to see that continue, and there will be an opportunity for supporters to have their say.

Dave you stated fans might be given the opportunity to have their say further down the line. A might. You have also stated the kit is already being designed, which cuts out fans.

Why not reveal what has been done so far? City are hardly big business for the snide market.

Dave; this thread has been on the front page for nearly a week now - why has it taken so long to respond?

Archived