IGNORED

Cheltenham Vs City Jpt Official Matchday Thread

JamesBCFC

Nah. If JET was a REAL footballer, he'd run around like a headless chicken :grr:

Easy to say once the goal goes in isn't it.

It's no secret Cotts likes a hard worker and to be fair our start to the season has justified sacrificing a more 'selfish' player for a team of workers.

Not a dig at jet but clearly Cotts would rather have work rate than technical brilliance and its paid dividends so far to be fair.

It's no secret Cotts likes a hard worker and to be fair our start to the season has justified sacrificing a more 'selfish' player for a team of workers.

Not a dig at jet but clearly Cotts would rather have work rate than technical brilliance and its paid dividends so far to be fair.

I've been saying it for a year.

I've been saying it for a year.

What? That JETs amazing (when he's up for it) ? I don't think anyone's disagreeing with that.

But tell me, without changing formation who do you drop to accommodate him in the team? And how do you justify it when we're 11 games unbeaten and top of the league?

******* hell, look at you lot.

JET this, JET that, JET lazy, JET useless.

I'll tell you what, he's scored and assisted about as much as his replacement, Freeman, in maybe a tenth of the playing time. Fantastic slide tackle to start the move too.

Of all the people to pick on, Freeman? The lads been class.

What? That JETs amazing (when he's up for it) ? I don't think anyone's disagreeing with that.

But tell me, without changing formation who do you drop to accommodate him in the team? And how do you justify it when we're 11 games unbeaten and top of the league?

What does 20 goals and 20 assists mean to you?

He's the best player at this club by a mile

Its nothing to do with him running around like a headless chicken. He didn't touch the ball for the first 20 mins! But yes he can produce out of nothing

Indeed. You offer and kind of slight on his performance and its 'he's not going to run around like a headless chicken'. No one is saying he should, actually.

As you say he can produce from nothing but can just as easily go missing for 3 games in a row.

Cotterill has had time to make his mark and make the team his own. His options were limited with an inherited team half way through last season but it speaks volumes that he's not been involved this year - tells you what we already know in that Cotts would rather have 11 hard workers than 10 workers and a luxury player, however brilliant said player is when he's 'on it'.

What's the obsession with JET running round like a mentalist for 90mins. Pack and Smith do that role. In this country we favour players with a "good engine" over players with talent for some strange reason.

I think people confuse teamwork and fairness and seeing someone running themselves into the ground whilst another player doesn't can seem wrong to people outside the team.

But teamwork is about getting the best result out of 11 players whilst fairness is about everyone running 12.4km.

JET can do things other players can't, and they can be the difference in a game.  

He can't do them as well if he's wide or deep when he gets the ball so it is good teamwork for other players who can't beat three markers and create a goal or bang one into the top corner from 25 yards to do more of the running.

I want trying to have a go I just wanted him to get on the game as soon as he put some effort in we scored he needs to do that a bit mor not just 5 minute spells every half hour,

He is the most talented player at the club and if he applied himself he'd still be at arsenal

It's ok to disapear against Cheltenham (no disrespect to them intended) but if he is playing against Oldham or Swindon like that we will be in trouble

I think the position he is being asked to play is his strongest as well

Its nothing to do with him running around like a headless chicken. He didn't touch the ball for the first 20 mins! But yes he can produce out of nothing

There has to be a balance here. It's not just putting in a 'shift' for the heck of it. It's closing the other side down, reducing their chances etc etc. We know what JET can do, and what he does not do. It's just a case of when he is on somebody else has to pick that side up, which as long as it is allowed for is ok. We have reduced overall the goals we have conceded a fair bit over last year. That is at least partly down to players working hard.

What does 20 goals and 20 assists mean to you?

He's the best player at this club by a mile

Having a great player doesn't make you a great team.

He was most successful in the first half of last season and we spent most of it propping the league up, remember?

'No I in Team' and all that....

FWIW I like JET and very much enjoy watching him when he's at the races. But on the basis of the team performance this season he's rightly not involved...for now.

Having a go at a player calling him lazy but not having a clue what he's been told to do by the manager, we'd do we always have to have a scapegoat.

Not having a go, calling it how I see it. And to call him lazy is not stretching the truth is it. Even the most ardent member of the JET fan club could hardly call him exuberant.

.....and the how many other gals and assists last season?

Archived