IGNORED

Cheltenham Vs City Jpt Official Matchday Thread

JamesBCFC

Just musing, but when under pressure in a game, myself would like to see Wllby have rest at about 60 mins some times, and JET to play behind Agard just to shake it up. Difficult to read to much in to this at 2-0 now, but it looks like this team would at least hold it's own, which is actually very encouraging.

Agree but no real striker on the bench , Freeman I suppose or push JET up 10 yards?

Precisely.

The funny thing is every time he does something good the 'I told you so' gang come and Lord it over as if they knew something we didn't all along.

Missing the point entirely that no one has EVER doubted his technical ability.

The problem is we have barley seen him so far this season to be able to lord it :-)

Yes we are doing fantastically well this season and there can't be 1 city fan who's unhappy with where we are.

However, could we be in a better position if we had used him more?

Agree but no real striker on the bench , Freeman I suppose or push JET up 10 yards?

Oops, was musing about in a league game, not tonight. There are more players enhancing themselves tonight than vice versa, which is most encouraging. Shout out to Fielding as well, as without two very decent saves could have been a different type of game. Even so, would like Willby to get a short rest!

Just musing, but when under pressure in a game, myself would like to see Wllby have rest at about 60 mins some times, and JET to play behind Agard just to shake it up. Difficult to read to much in to this at 2-0 now, but it looks like this team would at least hold it's own, which is actually very encouraging.

We need a direct replacement for Wilbs, looking a little tired rapt times and rightly so.

I'd like to se SC bring on JET for Freeman in the league, just when you think you've been given a test en on coes JET, a much bettter way to hanging on to games, which doesn't work.

On another note, David Prutton is impressive and is contributing far more than the average co-commentator.

Ridiculous comments from him re: Burns for the first goal!

He's desperate to get a bit of paying work it seems, since he can't get a playing slot anywhere.

The problem is we have barley seen him so far this season to be able to lord it :-)

Yes we are doing fantastically well this season and there can't be 1 city fan who's unhappy with where we are.

However, could we be in a better position if we had used him more?

Million dollar question. It was a pretty brave gamble from Cotts to leave out a player for so long who was a big part of some of the good stuff we did last season.

But I don't think you have to look too far to see that he values teamwork over individual brilliance.

You could just as easily posit that his 'relaxed' ;) attitude could have led to games like MK Dons at home resulting in a different outcome. That game was a clear win for the 'digging deep and 110% effort' camp.

But on the flip side games like Orient and Fleetwood maybe could have gone the other way in our favour with JET in the side.

No right or wrong answer without a crystal ball, but at least he's given Cotts something to think about for Saturday. It's a nice problem to have!

Archived