IGNORED

Cheltenham Vs City Jpt Official Matchday Thread

JamesBCFC

A competent  first half from all 11 players, but this JET drivel for and against him is pathetic and ruining my nights entertainment so switching this crap off now.

Was just about to add it is interesting to me that he has been on the pitch for 45 mins and 90% of the discussion is about him. Cannot think of a player that has divided opinion so much. Would love him even as the plan b. My problem is he does not seem to figure in any plans I can see, unless it is as a shot to nothing when losing.

A competent  first half from all 11 players, but this JET drivel for and against him is pathetic and ruining my nights entertainment so switching this crap off now. 

Ditto

Ok I get it now.

its better to have a player who can score 20 goals a season and struggle than it is having a good team working together and being top of the table... So simple when you put it like that.

Last season I said that although he was scoring a lot he was costing us more as we were playing most games with the equivalent of 10 men and everyone had to work that much harder to compensate. Think this season has proved that. There isnt one player currently in the first choice 11 you would swap JET for.

Yes he has talent but that is better used later in games against tired opposition.

So you think he cost us more than 40 goals last season?

So you think he cost us more than 40 goals last season?

I think the point is most people would rather have a player that gives you a 7/10 performance week in week out than one who gives you a 10/10 then a 4/10 then a 9/10 then a 5/10 etc.

Clearly Cotts sees it the same way. The TEAM deserve credit for the performances to date.

It's telling that last season (first half at least) we were coming away from games raving about JET and how magical he is, and this year there hasn't really been a stand out individual in the way there was last year. Speaks volumes about the quality of the performance right through the team.

I think the point is most people would rather have a player that gives you a 7/10 performance week in week out than one who gives you a 10/10 then a 4/10 then a 9/10 then a 5/10 etc.

Clearly Cotts sees it the same way. The TEAM deserve credit for the performances to date.

It's telling that last season (first half at least) we were coming away from games raving about JET and how magical he is, and this year there hasn't really been a stand out individual in the way there was last year. Speaks volumes about the quality of the performance right through the team.

Except that this isn't what actually happens and presenting the idea of a hard working team and a team including JET as mutually exclusive is false.

Fantastic from jet and city

That's all I wanted a little effort as soon as he does that we look a different team

Precisely.

The funny thing is every time he does something good the 'I told you so' gang come and Lord it over as if they knew something we didn't all along.

Missing the point entirely that no one has EVER doubted his technical ability.

Just musing, but when under pressure in a game, myself would like to see Wllby have rest at about 60 mins some times, and JET to play behind Agard just to shake it up. Difficult to read to much in to this at 2-0 now, but it looks like this team would at least hold it's own, which is actually very encouraging.

Archived