IGNORED

Swindon Tickets

Go Junior GO

Well, putting aside the crews, firms and while we at at it, the Bay City Rollers, how are we seeing the game?

In truth, had Swindon down as mid table this year. As far as I can tell from the few reports I have read, they are playing well, and have a pretty unique way of playing at this level. Almost tippy tappy stuff, which when it is good is very good, and when it is bad goes nowhere.

Almost always on the back of that head the possession stats. Clearly their midfield is weakened, which must help, but overall this feels like the real cup game of the last couple of weeks. Forget their 5-0, they will be up for this, as should we.

Seem vulnerable if we can get in their faces early on, and close them down well up the pitch. We can do that! Equally a few comments that they are vulnerable to the long ball, so would expect us to be mixing it up.

No result would surprise me, but assuming the luck evens out over the 90 would feel a draw is most likely. Fear a defeat, hope for the win. Do not see it as a Derby derby, just two teams doing well that are pretty close, that both want to put one over the other.

Its this kind of game that makes it all worthwhile. Both sets of fans really hoping its their day and knowing it could well be! Might even be that 'moment' that comes along every now and again that we can wheel out in years to come.

So come on me babbers!

Let's just set the story straight sonny, YOU DONT HAVE A FIRM, you are not in our league, no one apart from Sheffield Utd (in this division) on a good day are. There's the facts for you, back before you were born you had a small but reasonably active firm, embarrassingly named SAS, you may have had results at the likes of Cheltenham and Torquay and a 2 minute stand off with Cardiff in the early 90's but that was it, you've never done a thing at Ashton Gate, apart from getting slaughtered in the park on numerous occasions. Even more pathetic is the way you get turned over at home by us, or even worse disappear at the mere mention of our name.

I suggest you stick to talking about matters on the pitch as that is the purpose of this forum. It's also a good idea as on the pitch you have a reasonable and fair chance of getting a result, something that will never happen off it.

Apologies to other forum readers for stooping as low as the inbred, but the child needed a history lesson!

Please stop, it's embarrassing.

I appreciate your posts on other subjects but I wish to god you would stop trying to make yourself look hard by talking about fighting at football as though it's a sport. It isn't. It makes City fans in general look like a bunch of ill-educated thugs to the rest of the world.

Also, not being as hard as someone else isn't pathetic, it just means you're not a physically strong. That is all it is. Unless of course, you mean that their posturing is pathetic which of course it is, along with your own, no matter who gets 'turned over'.

• Admin

I appreciate your posts on other subjects but I wish to god you would stop trying to make yourself look hard by talking about fighting at football as though it's a sport. It isn't. It makes City fans in general look like a bunch of ill-educated thugs to the rest of the world.

Also, not being as hard as someone else isn't pathetic, it just means you're not a physically strong. That is all it is. Unless of course, you mean that their posturing is pathetic which of course it is, along with your own, no matter who gets 'turned over'.

Whether you / I agree or not, what has been written is factually spot on. There will always be those that condemn such things and those that don't

I do like your line which I have made bold above, do you really think football fans look at us differently to anyone else?

In some circles City supporters are actually viewed with a lot of respect, whether you / I agree with that or not

Not just the Cricklade posse but the Minchinhampton 'Massif' as a mate of mine was saying a few lads from there were 'up' for this one ;)

I am sure the 2900 City fans are quaking as we speak...

Minchinhampton Massif........ Are they serious?? The Avening Massive done them over...... And the also ran from the Bussage Boys........ Typical Swindle Fans....

Minchinhampton Massif........ Are they serious?? The Avening Massive done them over...... And the also ran from the Bussage Boys........ Typical Swindle Fans....

Made me laugh as well

Also known as Minge-in-hampton-common.

http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=55269.300

:facepalm:  Oh when will they learn, they seem to be borrowing the same chip that the Sags use for their shoulders.......

.....yes, I know you're reading this you inbred bunch of six fingered Moon-raking midlanders! :thumbsup:

Bunch of school kids giving it the big I am on the keyboard.

They're happy that Little is injured for tomorrow but they seem to have forgotten about the rest of the squad which just oooz class! (the second team beat Cheltenham, the Cheltenham that stuffed Swindles first team 5-0)

I'm not trying to be hard, i watch football as a disabled person as I have brain damage sustained from probably a fractured skull, nothing to do with football violence. Up until very recently I had a successful career managing large health clubs and teaching boxing, I'm a gentleman with manners and honour and being evolved in boxing makes you realise that there's always someone bigger and badder out there than you, it also taught me respect and that those that try to be big and hard are the ones that fall harder than the rest and further.In the past I've been involved in football violence and I paid the price in the shape of a ban and a few lucky slaps on the wrist but I really am not proud of that or ashamed either, it's just part of who I am/was and it certainly doesn't make me any the less of a fan, contrary to what some naive posters think. Over zealous, hot headed in the past but not a lout.

Now back to what you were slating me for;

I was merely stating a few facts and I'll state a few more, whether you choose to ignore it or not our club yes, mine as well even though I'm a "hooligan" (not) has a significant violent following, the likes of Swindon town are not in the same league as ourselves in off the field matters and never have been, I was just pointing this out as a historical lesson to an abviously younger and oblivious Swindon town wannabe hooligan.

I realise my post was unintelligent and I even pointed out that I was stooping to his level.

I apologise if I offended anyone but there is a huge degree of ignorance on this forum regarding football violence/(irony aware) the casual scene both historically and more relevantly presently.

I've read here numerously that it's just a small minority of idiots not interested in football, which is ludicrous for anyone that travels to see City play away. Let's take Rochdale for example 600 fans, how many of those in % were or have been actively affiliated with our hooligan element, not 5 or 10% but at least 30-50% and that's not an exaggeration or boast.

Anyway, I'll say no more on the matter but I was just trying to defend myself and maybe give people a reality check on certain matters.

Hate me or rate me, I care not.

I'm not trying to be hard, i watch football as a disabled person as I have brain damage sustained from probably a fractured skull, nothing to do with football violence. Up until very recently I had a successful career managing large health clubs and teaching boxing, I'm a gentleman with manners and honour and being evolved in boxing makes you realise that there's always someone bigger and badder out there than you, it also taught me respect and that those that try to be big and hard are the ones that fall harder than the rest and further.In the past I've been involved in football violence and I paid the price in the shape of a ban and a few lucky slaps on the wrist but I really am not proud of that or ashamed either, it's just part of who I am/was and it certainly doesn't make me any the less of a fan, contrary to what some naive posters think. Over zealous, hot headed in the past but not a lout.

Now back to what you were slating me for;

I was merely stating a few facts and I'll state a few more, whether you choose to ignore it or not our club yes, mine as well even though I'm a "hooligan" (not) has a significant violent following, the likes of Swindon town are not in the same league as ourselves in off the field matters and never have been, I was just pointing this out as a historical lesson to an abviously younger and oblivious Swindon town wannabe hooligan.

I realise my post was unintelligent and I even pointed out that I was stooping to his level.

I apologise if I offended anyone but there is a huge degree of ignorance on this forum regarding football violence/(irony aware) the casual scene both historically and more relevantly presently.

I've read here numerously that it's just a small minority of idiots not interested in football, which is ludicrous for anyone that travels to see City play away. Let's take Rochdale for example 600 fans, how many of those in % were or have been actively affiliated with our hooligan element, not 5 or 10% but at least 30-50% and that's not an exaggeration or boast.

Anyway, I'll say no more on the matter but I was just trying to defend myself and maybe give people a reality check on certain matters.

Hate me or rate me, I care not.

I am well aware of your disability, it has been well documented on here. It makes no difference to how I think of your posts though, and I'm sure you wouldn't want it to.

I rate and value your posts on every other subject on this forum except this one, whether I agree with them or not. You are obviously intelligent and thoughtful, which makes your apparent obsession with football violence all the more baffling.

You say you were stating facts. You were not, you were posturing and trying to belittle Swindon fans using the premise that they aren't big and tough like you (we!) are.

I have never claimed that the people doing the fighting aren't City fans, they are, they just happen to be fans that the majority of us are embarrassed by.

All I am asking is that you stop using this forum to glorify football violence which is what you are doing when you describe a rival 'firm' as not being in City's league. There is no league for this, it's just fighting. If you want to be rated for fighting then stick to boxing.

I am well aware of your disability, it has been well documented on here. It makes no difference to how I think of your posts though, and I'm sure you wouldn't want it to.

I rate and value your posts on every other subject on this forum except this one, whether I agree with them or not. You are obviously intelligent and thoughtful, which makes your apparent obsession with football violence all the more baffling.

You say you were stating facts. You were not, you were posturing and trying to belittle Swindon fans using the premise that they aren't big and tough like you (we!) are.

I have never claimed that the people doing the fighting aren't City fans, they are, they just happen to be fans that the majority of us are embarrassed by.

All I am asking is that you stop using this forum to glorify football violence which is what you are doing when you describe a rival 'firm' as not being in City's league. There is no league for this, it's just fighting. If you want to be rated for fighting then stick to boxing.

I'm not posturing and I have no interest in further disabling myself by returning to boxing. I was stating facts, everything I said about Swindon happened, I'm sorry if that's not what you want to read and I respect that, yet it's a forum that encourages freedom of speech so with that in mind I shall carry on saying what I want.

I can only suggest that you choose to ignore any further posts I may add in the future on this subject, I've said I'll say no more on this post and I wanted to stick to my word, however I'm replying directly in defence of what was written by you and your claims to what I wrote were posturing, when in fact they were just recalls of actual happenings in the past. I was not trying to glorify those events or "posture", I have no need or inclination to do either.

Let's just leave it there as carrying on is both pointless and will only feed further trolls like the one I originally replied to.

I don't wish to fall out with someone over an interpretation of words, especially as I find your posts a good read.

Regards.

I've asked you to stop as I feel it only further enhances our clubs unwanted reputation and I will now say no more on the matter on this thread.

What I like about EW/CC's posts on this subject is that he obviously talks knowledgeably about the subject unlike that Facebook style Swindon troll that he was responding to.

Not just the Cricklade posse but the Minchinhampton 'Massif' as a mate of mine was saying a few lads from there were 'up' for this one ;)

I am sure the 2900 City fans are quaking as we speak...

Not forgetting the Walcot warriors,Dorcan divvies,Toothill terriers,Okus old boys,Blunsdon boot boys, Haydon Headbanger's, Chippenham crackpots and their top mob the Pen Hill prime cuts.

Just seen a tweet from STFC - currently 12400 tickets sold so about double their normal attendance!

So 9,600 home fans. Pretty poor really.

Having said that, I can only ever remember one home sell out attendance in the ten or so visits to the County Ground watching City, so it should come as no surprise. That was the infamous Rory Fallon/Lee Miller game...

Well, putting aside the crews, firms and while we at at it, the Bay City Rollers, how are we seeing the game?

In truth, had Swindon down as mid table this year. As far as I can tell from the few reports I have read, they are playing well, and have a pretty unique way of playing at this level. Almost tippy tappy stuff, which when it is good is very good, and when it is bad goes nowhere.

Almost always on the back of that head the possession stats. Clearly their midfield is weakened, which must help, but overall this feels like the real cup game of the last couple of weeks. Forget their 5-0, they will be up for this, as should we.

Seem vulnerable if we can get in their faces early on, and close them down well up the pitch. We can do that! Equally a few comments that they are vulnerable to the long ball, so would expect us to be mixing it up.

No result would surprise me, but assuming the luck evens out over the 90 would feel a draw is most likely. Fear a defeat, hope for the win. Do not see it as a Derby derby, just two teams doing well that are pretty close, that both want to put one over the other.

Its this kind of game that makes it all worthwhile. Both sets of fans really hoping its their day and knowing it could well be! Might even be that 'moment' that comes along every now and again that we can wheel out in years to come.

So come on me babbers!

Can't ever put them to one side, recall driving past the Colston Hall and Centre one night when they were playing:  whole area was a mass of girls in tartan and flares.  

As you were.

http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=55269.300

Oooooooooo theres a crew right next to the away end,im not going now,sod that,scary stuff indeed

Last year they had 5 guys in the corner, that was it....

Heard the Burleigh Boys are pretty tasty to :)

Archived