IGNORED

Swindon Tickets

Go Junior GO

It is at clubs like Everton and Tottenham.

1st Nov - ST holders with 5 away stubs

2nd Nov - ST holders with 4 away stubs

Etc

6th Nov - ST holders

7th Nov - Membership priority on what is left.

8th Nov - General sale

No contention between supporters, they know it is what it is.

That's a good way of doing it.

We don't have that in place, so it couldn't be done now, but certainly something to look at for the future.

Possibly as soon as after Christmas as the run in could well raise this problem again and it also encourages more people to get to more away games more often.

Etc

6th Nov - ST holders

8th Nov - General sale

but that wouldn't of helped this time as it was ST holders who got all the tickets those complaining would still be unable to go

Etc

6th Nov - ST holders

8th Nov - General sale

POD away supporters don't get stubs :sad26:

Surely, the bottom line is that with the team doing so well, there just aren't enough tickets to go round. Whatever system is used, someone is going to be disappointed.

Sure, even if we went on a cup run (stop your sniggering at the back) and drew Chelsea/Man City/Arsenal etc away demand would outstrip supply and people would be disappointed.

All I'm advocating is a more just system.

I assume what your proposing is that for ticket sales there would be a banding system e.g. band 1 - 60 points, band 2 - 40 point, band 3 - 20 points band 4 - anyone.

if that's the case how will I know how many points I have got to be able to phone up on the correct day?

How many people would there be on here saying they phoned/qued for hours only to be hold they don't have enough points, or have 39 points from going to Fleetwood and Colchester but cant get into band 2 and have missed out of tickets, or that for someone in the Midlands its easier and cheaper for them to get points compared to someone who lives in Plymouth so people in Plymouth that support city should get extra points when they do travel? Its a minefield and some people will only ever see it from there own perspective.

With most clubs that have a priority system at the moment it is as simple as logging into your online account to find out your current amount of points. 

If you miss out by one point- although frustrating- them the rules. There has to be a cut off point.

The level of the tie should perhaps have different points but not the distance. For instance Newcastle away even though being the other end of the country would still earn relatively few points compared to say- Northampton. Likewise gold Cat home games would be worth less points than the bronze. Some fans have to travel further- but thats just the way of it.

You suggest that I am looking at it from own point of view yet I have clearly said that season ticket holders should get priority (I'm not a season ticket holder) and simply suggested that those who go to the most games (regardless of distance travelled) deserve some priority over those that haven't for games such as playoff finals and big FA cup games.

So to re-cap, tickets went on sale to the priority group that is Season Ticket holders, and they sold out.

But somehow the club are to blame for selling them all to valid customers even though they are using a system that isn't as efficient as it could be, but will be upgraded as part of the redevelopment.

If you miss out by one point- although frustrating- them the rules. There has to be a cut off point.

Yep, and at the moment the cut off was season ticket. Thems the rules, although frustrating, but we all knew they were at the start of the season and for the sake of a couple of individuals for the sake of 2 games this season, to change would be disproportionate.

So to re-cap, tickets went on sale to the priority group that is Season Ticket holders, and they sold out.

But somehow the club are to blame for selling them all to valid customers even though they are using a system that isn't as efficient as it could be, but will be upgraded as part of the redevelopment.

That sums it up.

The club, yet again, are reacting and apologising for an issue that should have been addressed donkey's years ago.

I assume what your proposing is that for ticket sales there would be a banding system e.g. band 1 - 60 points, band 2 - 40 point, band 3 - 20 points band 4 - anyone.

if that's the case how will I know how many points I have got to be able to phone up on the correct day?

How many people would there be on here saying they phoned/qued for hours only to be hold they don't have enough points, or have 39 points from going to Fleetwood and Colchester but cant get into band 2 and have missed out of tickets, or that for someone in the Midlands its easier and cheaper for them to get points compared to someone who lives in Plymouth so people in Plymouth that support city should get extra points when they do travel? Its a minefield and some people will only ever see it from there own perspective.

From what I recall, with the old system (you know, the one where you could buy cup tickets and have them credited to your season card), you could look at your account and it would tell you what your loyalty point balance was.

With most clubs that have a priority system at the moment it is as simple as logging into your online account to find out your current amount of points. 

The level of the tie should perhaps have different points but not the distance. For instance Newcastle away even though being the other end of the country would still earn relatively few points compared to say- Northampton. Likewise gold Cat home games would be worth less points than the bronze. Some fans have to travel further- but thats just the way of it.

You suggest that I am looking at it from own point of view yet I have clearly said that season ticket holders should get priority (I'm not a season ticket holder) and simply suggested that those who go to the most games (regardless of distance travelled) deserve some priority over those that haven't for games such as playoff finals and big FA cup games.

Obviously not everyone has access to the Internet to check how many points they have, there probably wouldn't many complaints on here from those people but they are a large number.

I know this is how most prem teams do it but I would be interested to see how many people have decent arguments (I've supported xxxxx since 195x and now I can get tickets ect) I think the important thing is to pick a system and not change it, changing it means people miss out based on the old system.

I didn't suggest that you are looking at it from your own perspective, I said some people will only look at it from there own perspective, please don't make/take it personal and please don't misrepresent what I said.

From what I recall, with the old system (you know, the one where you could buy cup tickets and have them credited to your season card), you could look at your account and it would tell you what your loyalty point balance was.

We must of dropped this for a reason, does anyone know why we dropped it?

I am sure in the past we had a system where the amount of games you attended counted.

I'm calling up all the time to book home and away tickets (sitting all over AG these days because of ticket shortage) and they take my address everytime. It really wouldn't be that difficult.

I also recall being given a priority pass at a 1st round FA Cup game at York several years back?

I really don't see why we can't look at this.

Otherwise people will just end up disappointed again.

We put a man on the moon (allegedly) and yet City, in the 21st century, are still stumbling around like cave men.

I agreed with your original suggestion, but I'm afraid you've now taken things too far by suggesting the moon landings were genuine.

PS - It's only on the OTIB forum that Swindon tickets and moon landings can appear in the same thread.

Although, presumably, doubled if undertaken on Coach 1.

Aussie there is nothing to look at season ticket holders should always come first full stop no ifs and butts no "I've been to Carlise on a wet Tuesday"

Season ticket holders first everyone else after

Has its only really season ticket holders who got the tickets then the club are not and fault and it's just tough shit

Aussie there is nothing to look at season ticket holders should always come first full stop no ifs and butts no "I've been to Carlise on a wet Tuesday"

Season ticket holders first everyone else after

Has its only really season ticket holders who got the tickets then the club are not and fault and it's just tough shit

have to say I agree with everything u say there the thread needs closing going round in circles now

All this energy over an away ticket allocation system that is needed every 6 or 7 or more years... How high is this on the list of priorities ? Get a grip people. 

In 18 months you will have 27,000 seats to choose from and away grounds that hold thousands more than we can take as a mid table Championship side. 

I am glad the Swindon tickets have gone to people who put up their money pre season, I could not get one, but that's life. 

3358528.jpg

Hi guys. Have never posted on here before. I am a city fan living in Swindon. I live very close to the ground. am able to offer hospitality to a few. Tea coffee booze etc. prob won't be going to game as no ticket. Anyone interested post back & I will put email address on.

No thanks, I don't fancy being part of a human centipede - unless in first position in which case feed me a bhuna.

Hi guys. Have never posted on here before. I am a city fan living in Swindon. I live very close to the ground. am able to offer hospitality to a few. Tea coffee booze etc. prob won't be going to game as no ticket. Anyone interested post back & I will put email address on.

Anyone for tea? 

texas-chainsaw-massacre-8.jpg

I almost thought this was my posting.

I also live close to the ground and certainly have a few cars on and over the driveway if anybody wants free parking.

I live on Cumberland Road, where do you live?

Archived