IGNORED

Swindon Tickets

Go Junior GO

Pretty much me too.

I live 120 miles away from Bristol and travel a lot for work.

It's more a chore attending home than away lately, think I've sat all areas of the ground this year too cos of ticket pressure!!!

Away games way more enjoyable than home as a general experience of a day.

I wouldn't worry too much man, we'll probably lose there anyway and it'll be a huge disappointment... we never seem to do well away at Swindle so you saved your money ;)

I thought Swindles away end holds over 3300 anyway... why haven't they released more?

I know we have taken that kind of figure in the past.

The Football Ground guide (normally THE best source in these matters) says away fans areas

are 1200 in the Arkells, and 2100 in the Stratten Bank.

So 3300 total, presumably - like us - they've had to reduce due to the dreaded Health and Safety etc.

As an aside - I looked at the Swindon (Ticketmaster) web site as a back up in case I couldn't get a ticket (thankfully

I got one) and I think it would be relatively easy to get a "home" ticket online, lots available in all 3 sides of the ground.

Pretty much me too.

I live 120 miles away from Bristol and travel a lot for work.

It's more a chore attending home than away lately, think I've sat all areas of the ground this year too cos of ticket pressure!!!

Away games way more enjoyable than home as a general experience of a day.

Not wanting to get into a super fan debate, but I just wanted to pick up on the argument that you and someone else put forward that you go to more away games due to a more enjoyable experience for you (i accept that this is among other things in your case).

That being said, you are essentially giving "only" vocal support to the club by doing so, in which case why should you be given priority over someone who gives both financial and vocal support to the club by going to the home games? 

For the record and in the interests of openness and honesty, due to having a young family I do only go to the home matches nowadays, so this topic doesn't affect me either way.

Not wanting to get into a super fan debate, but I just wanted to pick up on the argument that you and someone else put forward that you go to more away games due to a more enjoyable experience for you (i accept that this is among other things in your case).

That being said, you are essentially giving "only" vocal support to the club by doing so, in which case why should you be given priority over someone who gives both financial and vocal support to the club by going to the home games? 

For the record and in the interests of openness and honesty, due to having a young family I do only go to the home matches nowadays, so this topic doesn't affect me either way.

I was the other one who said about away games, I am no super fan at all but I find away games more enjoyable than home... its a better day all round.

Tbh I don't commit to travelling the length and the breadth of the country supporting City anymore because I have lost a lot of love for it and it doesn't interest me so much. So not getting a ticket for Swindle is no biggie but I can understand Aussies frustrations.

The Football Ground guide (normally THE best source in these matters) says away fans areas

are 1200 in the Arkells, and 2100 in the Stratten Bank.

So 3300 total, presumably - like us - they've had to reduce due to the dreaded Health and Safety etc.

As an aside - I looked at the Swindon (Ticketmaster) web site as a back up in case I couldn't get a ticket (thankfully

I got one) and I think it would be relatively easy to get a "home" ticket online, lots available in all 3 sides of the ground.

That's understandable due to Health & Safety.

I don't think I'll get a ticket in the home end as just couldn't bring myself to be surrounded by those clowns.

I was the other one who said about away games, I am no super fan at all but I find away games more enjoyable than home... its a better day all round.

Tbh I don't commit to travelling the length and the breadth of the country supporting City anymore because I have lost a lot of love for it and it doesn't interest me so much. So not getting a ticket for Swindle is no biggie but I can understand Aussies frustrations.

I don't have any time for the superfan debate either.

I think on average I attend about 80% of away games (I will miss some due to work) and probably about 60-70% of homes.

I don't attend all homes for numerous reasons - including distance and general experience - hence why I don't have a ST.

It's just a tad frustrating to go the length of the country (I recall last season being the only bloke in the entire row at Peterboro) to support the team to lose out to someone who only goes to a game that's 30 mins away.

Anyway, it is what it is and I'll let this one go now. I will still see the game and I'm going to Peterborough because it's 50 mins to get to for me and I'll still cheer them on no matter it's on TV.

I still strongly believe we should have a points system on games. They take my address every time I buy an away ticket - how hard is it to not just add a points tally.

Mates of mine at work have it for their membership of West Ham and Tottenham- why can't we???

I think on average I attend about 80% of away games (I will miss some due to work) and probably about 60-70% of homes.

I don't attend all homes for numerous reasons - including distance and general experience - hence why I don't have a ST.

It's just a tad frustrating to go the length of the country (I recall last season being the only bloke in the entire row at Peterboro) to support the team to lose out to someone who only goes to a game that's 30 mins away.

Anyway, it is what it is and I'll let this one go now. I will still see the game and I'm going to Peterborough because it's 50 mins to get to for me and I'll still cheer them on no matter it's on TV.

I still strongly believe we should have a points system on games. They take my address every time I buy an away ticket - how hard is it to not just add a points tally.

Mates of mine at work have it for their membership of West Ham and Tottenham- why can't we???

My guess would be down to the likelihood of a sell out, the amount of tickets available for away games (smaller stadiums more likely than not), season ticket perk (lower level football needs incentive(s)), the size of our fan base perhaps - along with the usual amount of away fans at games.

A Premier League loyalty scheme may be logical, but when you're lower down the football ladder with generally less fans then ST holders prevail.

To me that makes sense.

Plus, I'd hazard a guess that if you're oop north (above Gloucester) then with a 120 mile journey to AG, you must have a good head start on many away games. So not as much of a 'chore' for you to do the likes of Carlisle etc... 

There will be loads in the home end

Judging by FB that seems the case. Maybe Swindle will have a change of heart and issue another 1,000 ;) pigs might fly of course.

I echo your sentiments but agree with Scrumpy about the reward card thinking about it, plus it would seem void if we turned poor again and the away support dwindled.

My guess would be down to the likelihood of a sell out, the amount of tickets available for away games (smaller stadiums more likely than not), season ticket perk (lower level football needs incentive(s)), the size of our fan base perhaps - along with the usual amount of away fans at games.

A Premier League loyalty scheme may be logical, but when you're lower down the football ladder with generally less fans then ST holders prevail.

To me that makes sense.

Plus, I'd hazard a guess that if you're oop north (above Gloucester) then with a 120 mile journey to AG, you must have a good head start on many away games. So not as much of a 'chore' for you to do the likes of Carlisle etc...

Nah I'm London based.

Northern games are just as much a chore. Peterborough will be easier tho.

Um, sorry mate, but yes it does.

Fair play to going to Carlisle last season and any other games that you go to but you haven't, for whatever reason, committed to buying a ticket for every home game before the season started.

So I'm not saying anything about different types of supporters or their right to buy away tickets, but yes, it does make your level of support different. Not better or worse, but definitely different.

Difficult in a situation like this when tickets are limited to split them fairly. No other priority group would have come into play, assuming ST holders got first dibs, as there were probably ST holders who have been left disappointed never mind other groups. There just wasnt enough to filter down to other groups.

Should the club have split he allocation, say two thirds ST holders one third members/regular away travellers? Well that would leave an extra lot of disgruntled ST holders (unless they fit into both categories, ST holder and regular away traveller which would be a bit of a pointless exercise).

I understand why ST holders get priority and believe it right. After all they have paid their money well upfront, months before new signings and a ball has been kicked. They like previous seasons could have been sat in an almost empty stadium watching us struggle at the bottom. They take the rough so should be rewarded when times are good too. And no, even though I am a ST holder I didn't get a ticket.

Archived