IGNORED

Swindon Tickets

Go Junior GO

Finally got through on the phones.

When I rang this time it just kept ringing and ringing (without the voice-mail message). Eventually after about 10 minutes a very helpful member of the bristol sport team sorted my swindon away ticket and a couple of home tickets for the crawley match. 

Perhaps someone read this thread re: this mysterious "mailbox".

The guys on the phone are always very good but they could really do with some support for situations where the demand for tickets is high. An A Level computing student could build an online system which could check whether a person is a season ticket hiolder or not. The old system with the 6 digit membership number was better. 

Just the 30 people in a queue now at the club shop. Two very slow tills and no chance of them opening anymore even though there are two other staff shuffling stock in and around the shop.

Come on city, piss up and brewery spring to mind. Nothing like dealing with, or attempting to cope with demand!

• Admin

Just the 30 people in a queue now at the club shop. Two very slow tills and no chance of them opening anymore even though there are two other staff shuffling stock in and around the shop.

Come on city, piss up and brewery spring to mind. Nothing like dealing with, or attempting to cope with demand!

Am assuming that these are the people sending the tickets out that have been sold on the phones today?

One thing I thing everyone will agree on is that it is the system that is massively flawed, the actual people that are on the phone lines are very helpful and should receive credit where it is due - the person I spoke to second time around mentioned that he had not had a break all day either

I've submitted the questions/comments about the phone system to put on the agenda

Dolly could you also add the shambolic launch of the "forever Bristol" membership scheme to the agenda?

Despite the fact this is now on sale, there is still no clarity from the club about what exactly this offers, particularly with regard to discount or priority on matchday tickets (which was referenced in the launch article but isn't mentioned on the Preston or Crawley ticket pages).

The separate thread on the membership scheme reflects the general confusion surrounding it. Even those who have already signed up have not been able to give specific info on discounts.

The response from the club so far "email or call for details" doesn't seem to given people the info they wanted and would seem a strange way to promote the product anyway.

Thanks.

Am assuming that these are the people sending the tickets out that have been sold on the phones today?

One thing I thing everyone will agree on is that it is the system that is massively flawed, the actual people that are on the phone lines are very helpful and should receive credit where it is due - the person I spoke to second time around mentioned that he had not had a break all day either

No, all new purchases. 2 tills working, 2 tills unused with 2 staff stood doing F/A! Not a Manager in site to deal with what clearly needs more till staff working.

Staff reckoning all will be sold out by close of business TODAY!

No, all new purchases. 2 tills working, 2 tills unused with 2 staff stood doing F/A! Not a Manager in site to deal with what clearly needs more till staff working.

Staff reckoning all will be sold out by close of business TODAY!

When I went down a young lady was taking groups of people out of the queue and over to the Williams ticket office which seemed to be speeding things up

Finally got through on the phones.

When I rang this time it just kept ringing and ringing (without the voice-mail message). Eventually after about 10 minutes a very helpful member of the bristol sport team sorted my swindon away ticket and a couple of home tickets for the crawley match. 

Perhaps someone read this thread re: this mysterious "mailbox".

The guys on the phone are always very good but they could really do with some support for situations where the demand for tickets is high. An A Level computing student could build an online system which could check whether a person is a season ticket hiolder or not. The old system with the 6 digit membership number was better. 

I hadn't realised this system had changed to be honest.  I'm 150 miles away and have been buying away tickets for years just with my number, no problem at all and always a full record of purchases for 'loyalty' points purposes or whatever.  Today, after close to 4 hours of trying, getting through 3 times before being cut off by the 'mail-box', I finally spoke to a very helpful chap who, on taking my name, said, 'you go down in a big group do you? There are 13 of you under your ticket details, all under the name Marie Day!'  I know Dolly kindly helped out with the purchase of mine, and other, season tickets in the summer but this little glitch took a while to sort out before the, one other, family member who I do go with was identified and then all was well, but it does seem an odd way to do things! 

No question. In my experience the people behind the desk/on the phones are fantastic and some of the best at customer service I've known.

However the processes and our clubs attitude has always been totally Mickey Mouse and still is.

I shall bring up the issue with the mailbox message at the FAN meeting on the 20th.

Can someone clarify, does it let you get through and then goes to the mailbox which then means you get cut off?

no it's quite good you get through to mail box leave your contact phone number and about a hour later the club rings you up and you book your ticket. I kept trying and got through but they did ring me back so can't complain.

Apparently 2,000 sold so looks like I may be visiting the inlaws instead :grr: ,

any chance they may release more ??

Unlikely, we already have almost a fifth of the ground which is far in excess of what Swindon have to allocate us. Plus Swindon season ticket holders have tickets exactly the other side of our segregation so no room for us to get more.

Amazing how a few wins brings out the fans. The woodwork must be very empty now :)

Can't blame anyone really , had years of travelling around thee country to watch dross with little chance of a win and only the alcohol to cheer me up  :blink:

Archived