IGNORED

Swindon Tickets

Go Junior GO

Clearly the problems this morning were to do with people calling up the minute they went on sale, when to be honest we were never going to sell out in a day. 

Fully expect the rush has died down and people will be able to purchase quite easily over the remainder of the week

BUT, one thing that is still apparent, the actual phone line that goes to a random mailbox has still not been corrected - I thought after problems last season it had been mentioned a new system was being installed to avoid this happening?

Much prefered in the past where you were able to join a queue and the phone line informed you of your position - don't understand why BS would want a potential sale to "drop" off the line

Shambles, isn't it.

Clearly the problems this morning were to do with people calling up the minute they went on sale, when to be honest we were never going to sell out in a day. 

Fully expect the rush has died down and people will be able to purchase quite easily over the remainder of the week

BUT, one thing that is still apparent, the actual phone line that goes to a random mailbox has still not been corrected - I thought after problems last season it had been mentioned a new system was being installed to avoid this happening?

Much prefered in the past where you were able to join a queue and the phone line informed you of your position - don't understand why BS would want a potential sale to "drop" off the line

I feel for those trying to get through on the phone, whenever I phone the club I also get issues trying to get through,

although once I do I've always sorted it and the person on the otherend of the phone has always been great,

I do think they need to have a couple more lines tho'

I just got tickets for Preston game. As I was doing it on my phone I couldn't pick specific seats and had to select "best available". I chose Dolman Block B and it's allocated me row A. Can anyone tell me, does the barrier at the front of the block (along the gangway) restrict the view from row A?

Not really a problem, though there is the problem of people walking along the gangway in front of you. After the match starts you're ok until a few minutes before the end when people start to leave.

Clearly the problems this morning were to do with people calling up the minute they went on sale, when to be honest we were never going to sell out in a day.

Couldn't agree more, allowing the call to drop off is massively frustrating for the caller and beyond belief in terms of running a professional business.

Not really a problem, though there is the problem of people walking along the gangway in front of you. After the match starts you're ok until a few minutes before the end when people start to leave.

15 mins is not a few.

Thanks for the replies on this, I did eventually manage to get through (with persistence) and switch to block H just in front of the gangway.

Here we go again! The cxlub really need to get this sorted, if its gonna be "big"!!!

Been trying on phone for over 2 hours, rarely getting through, but then when I do, going to mailbox which switches off after multiple rings.

Ol booking appears not to be available, although this was offerred as an option when I asked about this at the ticket office, on Saturday.

And, no, I can't come in to the Gate to get my ticket, because I'm at work, and AG is 25 miles away!

I shall bring up the issue with the mailbox message at the FAN meeting on the 20th.

Can someone clarify, does it let you get through and then goes to the mailbox which then means you get cut off?

Yes that is correct.

Either completely engaged.

Or get through select option 1 then option 1 again then it just rings for at least 3 minutes before getting this "mailbox" voicemail.

Really is awful.

I bet that anybody who wants to go will get a ticket for this game

Really? What's the away allocation at Swindon? Given we took nye on four thousand travelling supporters to Coventry and this is closer an a bigger game, my bet would be that a good number who want one won't get a ticket.

100's were locked out and sent home when it was potd over there a few years ago, and this is debatably a bigger game than that albeit earlier in the season.

I foresee home stands being infiltrated by 'neutrals'.

Sorry, us season ticket holders give the Club a lot of money and part of the deal is priority for away matches.

And a load of ST holders travel to the square root of fk all away games and give support...

If you add up what I spend on the club it'd be more even though I don't buy a ST.

It's swings and roundabouts.

Really? What's the away allocation at Swindon? Given we took nye on four thousand travelling supporters to Coventry and this is closer an a bigger game, my bet would be that a good number who want one won't get a ticket.

100's were locked out and sent home when it was potd over there a few years ago, and this is debatably a bigger game than that albeit earlier in the season.

I foresee home stands being infiltrated by 'neutrals'.

we will prob get about 1500 I expect,

And a load of ST holders travel to the square root of fk all away games and give support...

If you add up what I spend on the club it'd be more even though I don't buy a ST.

Season ticket holders should always be given priotiy regardless,

Season ticket holders should always be given priotiy regardless,

I'm not disputing that. I just know ST holders who never attend games outside of Bristol yet I've travelled all over the country.

We should reward that through a points system like a lot of clubs do. Why we don't is still beyond me.

Spend ON the club and spend AT the club are two different things.

As you go to so many games, surely it would be cheaper to buy a season ticket meaning you save money and have priority for away tickets.

Strikes me as a bit of a no brainer.

I shall bring up the issue with the mailbox message at the FAN meeting on the 20th.

Can someone clarify, does it let you get through and then goes to the mailbox which then means you get cut off?

I'm also on FAN, and will be raising this issue - especially in relation to those of us living and working well outside Bristol, who can't be coming in to AG every 5 minutes (see: my earlier post).... GRRRRR!!!!

We are a L1 club with a Conference mentality.

It's shown in how many tickets we request from clubs a lot of the time.

My dad told me it's not just our generation, City have never thought big in his 50 years of watching them.

Totally agree. We should be top of the league, unbeaten and with one of the largest budgets in the division!

I found it more the people who gather along the pitch edge to watch the last ten mimutes to be the problem! Because then row A has to stand up to be able to see, then row B has to do the same...... either stay in your seat to finish watching the game or carry the **** on going! :grr:  Apologies for the mini rant ;)

Totally agree. We should be top of the league, unbeaten and with one of the largest budgets in the division!

no one is denying the club is getting it wright on the field but in a lot of the off field stuff it dose they really are amateurs, how can it be possible not to get through in over 3 hours of trying, 

Archived