IGNORED

Statement Regarding Release Of Images Of New Stand

Dollymarie

Fair comments!

What I was trying to get at (unsuccessfully!) was that some fans, in this very thread, have used the "we're doing brilliantly on the pitch, so why complain?" argument in defense of the club, and that just doesn't wash with me.

I think the escalation of the debate about the importance or not of the pictures not being delivered as promised stems from whether you view the club as fan orientated or not.

Some people believe the club is hopeless in this regard and the drawings are another example. Others think we are pretty lucky to have what we have, especially looking at other clubs.

There are examples where the club has dropped clangers and also examples where it has gone above and beyond.

Clearly I am in the camp of being pleased with what we get. And that is nothing to do with what is happening on the pitch at the moment. That is an extra bonus.

Everyone seems to have forgotten the delay caused by having to change from rail seating to normal seats. The club tried very hard to take into account those fans who enjoy a 'shed' atmosphere with singing and flags and instead went one further, further than any other club to my knowledge, to radically reform the rules governing spectators at football matches. By attempting to change the laws so that we could stand, if we wanted and do so, safely so that we were not at risk, the club was showing a great deal of co-operation and communication with the supporters. This became a major part of the design. When that was no longer viable the plans had to change accordingly.

The club are going through the biggest infrastructure change in its history, they constantly keep us updated via twitter, facebook the OS and through the meetings. Yes some mistakes will happen, possibly caused by the contractors/architects/artists and not the club but let's put all this in perspective.

I would personally rather the club directs its energies into building the ground on time than on showing me an out of focus shot of some red seats bolted onto concrete, I can picture that perfectly in my head. The outside of the stand is what interests me and the shape of it and what else is there to guarantee income throughout the week. The seats are the least interesting part that I can take for granted. 

Welcome BrightCiderLife and well said

Clearly I am in the camp of being pleased with what we get. And that is nothing to do with what is happening on the pitch at the moment. That is an extra bonus.

Me too

So I've had a look at the planning docs (for those that are so desperate to see picture but can't be bothered to look at the drawings provided) & I can confirm the following:

We will have a large concrete structure filled with red seats.

A decent amount of leg room.

Plenty of toilet facilities.

Plenty of concession stands.

The ability to mix with fellow supporters.

Easy access and exits.

A decent PA system a lots of TV's.

All round we will have modern and comfortable facilities with a good view.

Will there be room for flags? Probably but not at the expense of paying customers (flags don't pay players wages unfortunately) Will it take a few games for those that want to sing to get together? Yes probably. Might you have to abide by the laws of the land and sit down when asked. I'm afraid so. So basically some of you who long for the glamourous surroundings of sincil bank will hate it.

So are we seeing images in the next couple of weeks then? We've been told so many different things by the club it doesn't even matter now. I'm just happy were going to have a state of the art stadium, however don't know why the club keep changing the goalposts with this.

FFS if they change the goalposts that'll just mean another long wait to see the further updated pictures!

They could get pictures of goal-posts from THE NET!

Da'getit? THE. NET.

This could be a footballing onion bag, or an information super highway.

THE NET.

I need a snooze.

What colour is this net you speak of, Bristol Rob (if that IS your real name)?

Will the nets be blue for the rugby?

Archived