IGNORED

Statement Regarding Release Of Images Of New Stand

Dollymarie

I don't feel the need to demand an input on the fine details of that stand or any other. I am happy with the direction being taken and would prefer design and construction by done by professionals in the industry.

Besides you have said only certain fans should qualify to give input or are you now broadening this?

So as you're happy that's fine. Maybe leave out the sarcy comments on threads from those that aren't over certain issues.

I'm fairly neutral over the whole thing, but I'm fed up of seeing the usual know it all tossers (I'm not including you) popping up on these threads deliberately taking things out of context and using it as a vehicle to put down a few individuals who would like to have taken a more active part in the process for the South Stand.

The same sort used to pur scorn on threads about reopening the East End.

The methods of this group may not be to everyone's taste, but there's nothing wrong with wanting to engage. Communication could have been far better, and rows about things like images may not have dragged on so long if simple messages were put out in a timely fashion.

Because it is part of the fabric of our club.

its also a stand for everyone not a niche group of supports, this stand is very likely going to be there for the next 40 years at least, those going in nappys today have just as much right as the older fans to have a say,

I'm just happy that we are getting a redvlopment I don't care whats being done as long as it stops Ashton Gate looking delapadated,

If I don't like the way the stand feels I will move to a different stand no ones forcing us to use it

There for me is no super fan or superiority quite the reverse as i do care how ALL fans have the right to enjoy their match day experience and this moving about could upset that apple cart again if ALL fans don't have a say or some not listened to and it needs to be right for ALL.

Let's go back to why some fans wanted the East end opened in the first place 2006-07. Fans who like their singing and jumping about were all in pockets around various parts of Ashton gate and in places complaints were being made that this type of behaviour was upsetting other fans who like to sit and watch every detail of the game in silence, and yes they have every right to do so. Now the solution was simple, give like minded fans an area where they can support the team in their style (of course to a certain extent) where they would not be upsetting family areas or other support styles, the answer was the thousands of empty seats in the East end.

This stand was not chosen for the roof or acoustics although it helps or even due to the good or bad view, it was because it was empty at the time and it could be made unreserved, bare in mind at the time Ashton gate was all reserved seating with season ticket holders which left zero chance of singing sections, so the East end made sense and you go there for a good sing song.

It is all about choice and if fans feel comfortable with the East end style then great get involved however some fans don't want to be in the middle of such singing and bouncing around and that is fine, but is there not a danger of moving fans back in to a mix like in 2006 and David Lloyd having to deal with constant complaints? some fans like the noise but like to watch from a far.

Would it be right to relocate the current fans in the corner of the Williams in to a block right next to the community trust corner which will have theme of kids and families??.. No one really wants to upset anyone but it will happen if no careful consideration is taken on how many fans like to enjoy their match day experience and as i said ALL FANS have that right and why some fans have stepped forward to at least try and help.

As for images from the very first meeting where fans were asked to get involved, this was pitched by Jon Lansdown as fans will be consulted every step of the way and built with fans in mind.  (Quoted BEP) http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-City-fans-say-new-Ashton-Gate-stadium/story-18057799-detail/story.html#axzz2K6Qakctf

Guy price was chair for the meetings with 2 from the architect company and about 8 fans from all parts of Ashton gate's stands. After several meetings and a few revises ie: the dislike of boxes and enclosure wall in the new south stand along with the discussion of safe standing the images were agreed in the room and then sent out to the press, the official website and the open night. At this point the chap dealing with this (Guy Price) left the club and a few fans stepped away from parliament development as this was deemed to be now done and dusted, at this time Bristol sport was just being announced and becoming more prominent and were to take control of the stadium redevelopment from Guy price.

As i see it there seems to be no hand over on where fans and club had been consulting each other and fans thinking it was a done deal with the open night images being the one we were getting, since there has been talk of no boxes in the Dolman, the roof changing, safe standing moving from front to back after fans requesting it would be better, this was decided by a meeting in London with Stu rogers and Martin Griffiths,, Great we thought, but ok can the images be updated to show ALL the changes? and not just the south stand but the Dolman. This is where we are up to now with a lack of an update with images and every step of the way was lost in transition until now where it seems to be images coming in the next few weeks..

Now run along and have a tug elsewhere.

but I'm fed up of seeing the usual know it all tossers (I'm not including you) popping up on these threads deliberately taking things out of context and using it as a vehicle to put down a few individuals who would like to have taken a more active part in the process for the South Stand.

You might want to address your own debating style before knocking others

You might want to address your own debating style before knocking others

Not really princess. I'm well aware of your views and how but hurt you get regarding any criticism of the process. Others don't share your view even though you drone on and on at them in every thread they may post.

I don't debate. I tell people what I think and they either take that on board or don't. I'm not here to hold your hand and tell you what a wonderful argument you put across, because frankly I couldn't care less.

The ironic thing about that attitude is the various times it has been suggested by certain eastenders that if they don't like the eventual eastend they all may well move to another part of the ground.......so why should we give one small group more influence on the future of the stadium when, in there own words, they might not even use it

Naughty internet alpha male. Stay calm. Stay calm there is a fib there ... Again.

Not really princess. I'm well aware of your views and how but hurt you get regarding any criticism of the process. Others don't share your view even though you drone on and on at them in every thread they may post.

I don't debate. I tell people what I think and they either take that on board or don't. I'm not here to hold your hand and tell you what a wonderful argument you put across, because frankly I couldn't care less.

I never sat in the eastend, but I own one of the plaques that were auctioned off. Can I play?

Please Marie.. use your influence to try and persuade BCFC NOT to have words made from seating colours.. imho it looks totally naff and classless. All one colour looks clean and fresh...less is more.. its all about design, simples. Thanks. :)

Completely agree with this, H. I saw pictures of the interior of the Etihad the other day and all of the seats appeared to be simply plain blue - no words picked out in a contrasting colour. The effect was very classy.

Please Marie.. use your influence to try and persuade BCFC NOT to have words made from seating colours.. imho it looks totally naff and classless. All one colour looks clean and fresh...less is more.. its all about design, simples. Thanks. :)

If it brings in income and helps us to progress, personally I couldn't give a toss whether they do or not. If they're sat on then it makes sod all difference anyway.

The ironic thing about that attitude is the various times it has been suggested by certain eastenders that if they don't like the eventual eastend they all may well move to another part of the ground.......so why should we give one small group more influence on the future of the stadium when, in there own words, they might not even use it

To correct a blatant fabrication [again] the opposite has been stated consistently and explained to both the club, and Supporters trust.

When the club was petitioned in 2006 and fans influenced Steve Lansdown he was assured in person that not only would the stand be used, support would also proactively promote the stand, that assurance was met via art, badges, banners and flags, displays [costly displays in one case v Palace], e zines, facebook, flyers, posters, scarves, songs, stickers, street events, t shirts, websites and more.

The Williams was also promoted to a degree. Fans who met the club regarding this section have along with friends and family bought season tickets for that section of the ground.

Both the above facts contradict your post. What was being asked for was detail and that promised full engagement, and if the consensus was there was real potential evident time and effort beyond posting on a forum would have again been committed.

You really are a self opinionated type, talk about sticking your head in the sand, stamping your feet, and throwing your toy's out of the pram, all these could have been written just for you. Add to when you are backed into a corner because you refuse to debate like an an adult you revert to type by calling the poster some childish name. 

You really are a self opinionated type, talk about sticking your head in the sand, stamping your feet, and throwing your toy's out of the pram, all these could have been written just for you. Add to when you are backed into a corner because you refuse to debate like an an adult you revert to type by calling the poster some childish name.

'Ark at the guy who has a melt down on everythread going who likes to tell people how to think.

Get back on the Rovers thread and have your daily moan about its existence you peasant.

My observation.

For most of us, football wouldn't be what it is without the noise and colour. Indeed, until Steve - and I know from personal experience at meetings that it took a lot of persuasion - agreed to re-open the East End, football at Ashton Gate wasn't the same.

There are a small handful of chaps trying to ensure that the new ground will be conducive to re-creating the East End experience, to the benefit of all of us.

But there are a greater number belittling and denigrating their efforts, yet they would not enjoy football to the same degree without the atmosphere which these chaps are trying to ensure is created.

The irony is not even funny, and I would suggest the Fans Liaison Officer - not saying deliberately - has been less than helpful on this thread. Direct questions have been asked and seemingly evaded.

Most of the criticisms - special treatment, perpetually low prices, and so on - are not even what is being asked for.

It is understandable that the rail seating issue has caused a delay, but this has been given as a reason quite some way into this thread.

I applaud the club's obvious attempts to improve communication, it just still isn't been done that well, in my opinion. This thread regarding the Stand, and the Forever Bristol one, being the most recent examples of that.

Archived