IGNORED

Statement Regarding Release Of Images Of New Stand

Dollymarie

http://www.whenthemoonshines.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=1781

Last season several hundred pounds was raised for a local kids team. Prepared to meet Saturday to discuss your offer of help?

I need to register, is it worth it? Will it get us images of red seats in a football stand any quicker?

Just because you post a lot doesn't make you the voice of the majority

What does it matter 2 weeks - 4 weeks

Enjoy being a city fan, is it really that important to keep trying to nail dave l

We've got momentum, stay positive and enjoy the ride, its been so long since we had the buzz.

My issue is the club giving a timeline of "two weeks". All things point to this not being met - also Dave L being seemingly puzzled by this timeline. The whole thing has been handled poorly. Two weeks.. Four weeks.. Whatever. But they shouldn't give a timeline they can't meet

This is spot on in fairness. It is pretty poor somewhere along the line. But enough to warrant this debate? Probably not.

Money was raised for a kids football team ... You obviously will come to your own answer.

So let me get this straight. Because I have accused you of wasting your time on a non story, you are now accusing me of wasting my time calling it a non-story?  If so, then fair enough,

Do you remember the Vicky Pollard character? She used to say "yeah but, no but," many times before then trying to deflect criticism by blaming some other completely random incident as justification for whatever it was she was being accused of. I always assumed she was a caricature, maybe not though. 

Aside from the Supporters Trust (who are great), who decides which individuals get to represent the wishes of the fans? Can any old numpty stand? If so do I have to provide a cv or an election manifesto?

Just asking because I don't recall seeing anything from some of the posters who demand consultation.

I am still waiting for First great Western to send me images of their new trains, I think it is outragous that I have not let me see the colour of the seats. I pay thousands a year to support them yet they treat me terribly . I demand images of their seats on the train or there will be a boycott .

BCFC has bent over backwards to keep fans engaged, consultations, meetings, photos and videos of construction. Whilst that seems not enough for some, get realistic. I think we should applaud the efforts , I for one am well impressed with the approach and level of information that goes far beyond any normal communication level for a construction project. Whilst I share the interest and dare I say excitement for the news stands, I really would prefer at this stage to just see the phases of construction, it is far more exciting than getting a few drawings done . If people were happy to sit in the old east end, with no rake on the seats and zero facilities, then the new stand will be a time travel improvement without precedence. 

The only timeline that should interest us is the opening of the completed stadium for season 2016/17

This is the bit I don't understand, we are getting a new stand which has to be an improvement on the old one. Now some people will like that and some people wont, such is life. So the choices seem to be, we get pictures of what the ground will look like and people will give their opinions on them - positive or negative. Or we all get to see the stand when it opens and is in use and the same opinions will be formed.

Am I wrong? Do those who are so desperate to see the pictures think that this will give them the opportunity to make changes or at least petition the club to make changes?  

Personally I think they will be upset no matter what is produced, they can either be upset on the 4th December and fume for a few more months or they can be angry on the opening day. I think I know which they would prefer.

Many fans have been going to Ashton Gate for many years, (in my case 50) I cannot understand however why there are still, not even artists impressions, of the inside seating layout/roof etc of this new stand?

The rake/roof detail must be known as the builders are building it as we speak, the 4th Dec now seems to be the date when we may get to know, and when, quote A Baker; " a few artists impressions of the seating bowl" will be available.

Many fans have been going to Ashton Gate for many years, (in my case 50) I cannot understand however why there are still, not even artists impressions, of the inside seating layout/roof etc of this new stand?

The rake/roof detail must be known as the builders are building it as we speak, the 4th Dec now seems to be the date when we may get to know, and when, quote A Baker; " a few artists impressions of the seating bowl" will be available.

I'm sure you've misquoted there. End of January was what was meant. ( just predicting the 4th of December statement)

So let me get this straight. Because I have accused you of wasting your time on a non story, you are now accusing me of wasting my time calling it a non-story? if so, then fair enough,

Do you remember the Vicky Pollard character? She used to say "yeah but, no but," many times before then trying to deflect criticism by blaming some other completely random incident as justification for whatever it was she was being accused of. I always assumed she was a caricature, maybe not though.

You indicated that those who have involved themselves in meetings, and fans initiatives had no lives.

The internet does not have to be used as a form of sport where contestants to and fro posts in a form of jousting. The offer is still there to go beyond that "sport".

Aside from the Supporters Trust (who are great), who decides which individuals get to represent the wishes of the fans? Can any old numpty stand? If so do I have to provide a cv or an election manifesto?

Just asking because I don't recall seeing anything from some of the posters who demand consultation.

All that has been asked is for the FC to back up its own statements.

In the case of WTMS we have consistently asked for images to share with other fans because we "may" have a meaningful contribution to make. We have been involved in improving matchday for some, encouraged fans to move from A-B, and as hinted at previously want to know more regarding a licensed premises for what could be several hundreds fans.

So these fine people mocking the people who are actively trying to back the team are struggling to understand...I mean why would they, they are getting your comfort, better views, better facilities a better experience for fans of that particular type. But for the type where an old shed is paradise what are they getting?

Now I've said this numerous times: the club could well have told us "this is what you're getting" (a bit like Rovers did for UWE) but BCFC didn't, BCFC promised its supporters consultation throughout, so forgive me for getting frustrated that a stand which stood for over 80 years has been demolished with no sign of what is replacing it. Everybody knows it's not going to be a new shed, sure, but how can people continue to be dragged along and further mocked by others who appear superior?

There are plenty of reasons for frustrations with these never ending empty, unfulfilled promises from BCFC or the ironically shortened 'BS' too many to go over now. But people have been lied to throughout, the consultation meetings have been all but farcical. I'm not intent on bashing DL, to me he's always been helpful and understanding, but I fear his job is being made incredibly difficult by this continual circus juggling of BCFC, Bristol Rugby and Bristol Sport. A BS employee/director says one thing, and a BCFC employee has to deal with the consequences.

My final point which I eluded to at the beginning;

If I'm going corporate then I'm accounted for (rightly so),if I want to sit and enjoy the facilities and view then I'm accounted for (rightly so), if I'm a youngster as part of a club/team then I'm accounted for (rightly so), if I've got a young family then I'm accounted for (rightly so) but if I want to have a decent sing song with flags, displays, banners etc then currently I've no idea what I'm going to do.

Cripes! In over 15 years of reading OTIB, this must be one of the pettier five-page-plus threads I've seen, with a mixture of posters getting on their high horse, lambasting the club like the world is about to end, and then others smugly shooting the aforementioned posters down, asking them 'who cares?' and telling them to shut up.

Both sides of the argument are getting a little boring, if you don't mind me saying.

The way I see it is, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really matter one jot whether the club release some fancy pictures of how the stadium is going to look today or in six months' time. In reality, they're probably building what they're building whether we like it or not.

I happen to think it'll be great and can't wait to use the finished facilities. In three years time, once the stadium redevelopment is complete, we're not going to look back and think 'pffft, things could've been so different if we'd seen the photographs a few weeks earlier'.

On the other hand, I also happen to think that the club's supporter communication, liaison and all-round service is, and has been for a long while, not what it should be.

As an aside, it does grate with me that just because the team is winning fans should be expected to accept poor off-the-field service. Non-playing staff shouldn't be judged by the performance of the playing staff, for good or for bad. For instance, just because we're top of the league, that shouldn't excuse a hopeless ticketing system. But, anyway, I digress.

That the latest artists' impressions are still yet to be released is, in my book, symptomatic of the club's continued failure off the field to meet the expectations, which they often set themselves, of the fans. It's disappointing that they promise one thing but deliver something else. This isn't a one off, this happens often, and it's why some supporters are probably making a bigger deal of this than, on the face it, they should be.

That said, there's no harm in continuing to put the club under pressure to show us pictures, to keep us updated about what's going on behind the scenes and to ask us what we think and what we want the new stadium to be - after all, isn't that what they said they'd do?

I say let's keep doing all we can to hold the club accountable and to keep them to their word - but let's not turn it into World War Three.

Cripes! In over 15 years of reading OTIB, this must be one of the pettier five-page-plus threads I've seen, with a mixture of posters getting on their high horse, lambasting the club like the world is about to end, and then others smugly shooting the aforementioned posters down, asking them 'who cares?' and telling them to shut up.

Both sides of the argument are getting a little boring, if you don't mind me saying.

The way I see it is, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really matter one jot whether the club release some fancy pictures of how the stadium is going to look today or in six months' time. In reality, they're probably building what they're building whether we like it or not.

I happen to think it'll be great and can't wait to use the finished facilities. In three years time, once the stadium redevelopment is complete, we're not going to look back and think 'pffft, things could've been so different if we'd seen the photographs a few weeks earlier'.

On the other hand, I also happen to think that the club's supporter communication, liaison and all-round service is, and has been for a long while, not what it should be.

As an aside, it does grate with me that just because the team is winning fans should be expected to accept poor off-the-field service. Non-playing staff shouldn't be judged by the performance of the playing staff, for good or for bad. For instance, just because we're top of the league, that shouldn't excuse a hopeless ticketing system. But, anyway, I digress.

That the latest artists' impressions are still yet to be released is, in my book, symptomatic of the club's continued failure off the field to meet the expectations, which they often set themselves, of the fans. It's disappointing that they promise one thing but deliver something else. This isn't a one off, this happens often, and it's why some supporters are probably making a bigger deal of this than, on the face it, they should be.

That said, there's no harm in continuing to put the club under pressure to show us pictures, to keep us updated about what's going on behind the scenes and to ask us what we think and what we want the new stadium to be - after all, isn't that what they said they'd do?

I say let's keep doing all we can to hold the club accountable and to keep them to their word - but let's not turn it into World War Three.

And then there are others who smugly feel they're own views are superior to both the do/don't care opinions and proceed to join in ......

And then there are others who smugly feel they're own views are superior to both the do/don't care opinions and proceed to join in ......

That's probably unnecessarily personal, which is disappointing. My view is not superior, it's just a view. I also don't think it's particularly smart to tell someone else what they think.

I was placing myself in the middle of the two extremes - because I think some of the arguments on either side were exactly that, a bit extreme.

That's probably unnecessarily personal, which is disappointing. My view is not superior, it's just a view. I also don't think it's particularly smart to tell someone else what they think.

I was placing myself in the middle of the two extremes - because I think some of the arguments on either side were exactly that, a bit extreme.

I apologise if you feel my comment was personal- not meant to be .

Just highlighting the fact that you had your say about the polarised opinions and then followed it up with your own, IMHO, polarised view namely:

"it does grate with me that just because the team is winning fans should be expected to accept poor off-the-field service."

I don't believe that BCFC expect us to put up with poor off the field service in relation to the new Stadium or that because we are doing well on field that the club feels they can let standards slip. We are so lucky and it just seems to me that getting annoyed about ultimately pointless artists impressions is like, well, err, punching a gift horse in the mouth.

I apologise if you feel my comment was personal- not meant to be .

Just highlighting the fact that you had your say about the polarised opinions and then followed it up with your own, IMHO, polarised view namely:

"it does grate with me that just because the team is winning fans should be expected to accept poor off-the-field service."

I don't believe that BCFC expect us to put up with poor off the field service in relation to the new Stadium or that because we are doing well on field that the club feels they can let standards slip. We are so lucky and it just seems to me that getting annoyed about ultimately pointless artists impressions is like, well, err, punching a gift horse in the mouth.

Fair comments!

I agree that the club don't necessarily expect us to put up with poor service because the team are doing well - I probably didn't make my point as clearly as I could've.

What I was trying to get at (unsuccessfully!) was that some fans, in this very thread, have used the "we're doing brilliantly on the pitch, so why complain?" argument in defense of the club, and that just doesn't wash with me.

Not everyone does it, of course. And, in fairness, there was also an element of me going off on a tangent in that part of my post!

But it does happen and I think it's a bit of a short-termist view - if short-termist is a word.

Right, having asked Martin Griffiths for clarification via Stu (SC&T Chair) I can say the following

"The latest update is that the images are expected at the football club later today. If all is well and no further work is required, they will be publicly released early next week"

I would have thought that was obvious.

Its a couple of days later than stated.

No big deal.

Ladies first ...The Lady was there.

Its not the same as originally stated.

These "Not the sames" keep happening according to the people on the ground who attended meetings.

If these meetings are just "boll" and "ocks" it is a deal ... The sketch must be these endless tea and biscuit sessions are meant to have effects beyond confusion.

I would have thought that was obvious.

Its a couple of days later than stated.

No big deal.

Without wishing to open a can of worms. I believe the middle of May was the date stated when updated images would be released. (they weren't) Now the November date is actually December. I think this is where the frustration comes from. Not the couple of days delay. The whole process. 

Everyone seems to have forgotten the delay caused by having to change from rail seating to normal seats. The club tried very hard to take into account those fans who enjoy a 'shed' atmosphere with singing and flags and instead went one further, further than any other club to my knowledge, to radically reform the rules governing spectators at football matches. By attempting to change the laws so that we could stand, if we wanted and do so, safely so that we were not at risk, the club was showing a great deal of co-operation and communication with the supporters. This became a major part of the design. When that was no longer viable the plans had to change accordingly.

The club are going through the biggest infrastructure change in its history, they constantly keep us updated via twitter, facebook the OS and through the meetings. Yes some mistakes will happen, possibly caused by the contractors/architects/artists and not the club but let's put all this in perspective.

I would personally rather the club directs its energies into building the ground on time than on showing me an out of focus shot of some red seats bolted onto concrete, I can picture that perfectly in my head. The outside of the stand is what interests me and the shape of it and what else is there to guarantee income throughout the week. The seats are the least interesting part that I can take for granted. 

Archived