IGNORED

Statement Regarding Release Of Images Of New Stand

Dollymarie

So, instead of just saying it will cost a couple of grand to produce these images and we dont want to pay it, yet, the club thought saying absolutely nothing was better communication with the fans.

Personally, I don't give a crap what it looks like, but I can understand why it has pissed a few off by not communicating the plans to the very people the club asked to have input in it's design.

Sod all this argifying about paying for images! Wht I wanna know is will there be hitching posts for all them horses wot are terrified to go to Whorefield now and wanna watch football ffs...

Dolls? Pretty please?

Also DM will be there flogging posts for those who leaked details of the shirt/s? Seriously did that get sorted or are we all still standing on the naughty step??

Also DM will be there flogging posts for those who leaked details of the shirt/s? Seriously did that get sorted or are we all still standing on the naughty step??

Maybe thats the real reason we havent got pics of what the new stand will be like, its the clubs way of punishing the fans for leaked details of the kit

The club probably decided against the idea of consulting with the fans when they realised that a small number would see it as an opportunity to MOAN LIKE **** about every aspect that didn't match their idea of the perfect ground. if this small group had their way we would probably still be going back to the architect every 5 minutes to ask them if they could change the colour of the coat hooks in the gents toilet (again).

(Excuse me, it's been a long day)......

Yes but some were still querying this, so I wanted to clarify :)

Thank you my Darling Dollyshipness, I for one appreciate your clarification of the redness of our seats as the issue was starting to come between me and my sleep and family  :worship2:  :wub:  :flowers:  :kiss:

The club probably decided against the idea of consulting with the fans when they realised that a small number would see it as an opportunity to MOAN LIKE **** about every aspect that didn't match their idea of the perfect ground. if this small group had their way we would probably still be going back to the architect every 5 minutes to ask them if they could change the colour of the coat hooks in the gents toilet (again).

(Excuse me, it's been a long day)......

If the small group had their way we wouldn't be redeveloping the East end at all

And it it wasn't for "that small group" we wouldn't of been using the East End, or worse, that terrible replacement stand planned before Ashton Vale would of happened.

Lets have it right, its only fair to expect the fans who got the East End reopened and made it so unique and special would want some sort of influence on the design of a replacement. As it is, people from the Atyeo seem to have just as much say, which is wrong.

I will agree the content nick picking and moaning does some people no favours with expressing their point of view. This is also true of others who share the pro club views too.

And it it wasn't for "that small group" we wouldn't of been using the East End, or worse, that terrible replacement stand planned before Ashton Vale would of happened.

Lets have it right, its only fair to expect the fans who got the East End reopened and made it so unique and special would want some sort of influence on the design of a replacement. As it is, people from the Atyeo seem to have just as much say, which is wrong.

I will agree the content nick picking and moaning does some people no favours with expressing their point of view. This is also true of others who share the pro club views too.

The Eastend wasn't 'born' a few years back when it reopened, just like football didn't start with the Premiership.

Absolutely nothing that special about the EastEnd, it is no more a special area of the ground than any of the other stands.

The Eastend wasn't 'born' a few years back when it reopened, just like football didn't start with the Premier League.

Absolutely nothing that special about the EastEnd, it is no more a special area of the ground than any of the other stands.

What would you describe it as then? Brought out of hibernation?

The East End was more special than the Atyeo, thats for certain. That aside, what it was in comparison to other stands doesn't really matter. It was home to a group. Each stand caters for different tastes, and those that the East End catered for shouldn't be marginalised.

Why is it wrong for people from the atyeo or indeed any stand to have a say in the new stand.?

Fans from the eastend were displaced all over the ground and fans currently sat in other stands may well transfer to the new south stand......it's only right that all fans had the opportunity to have a say.

Yes, the group should and did and still do have an opportunity to influence part of the design, unfortunately, the attitude came across that only "eastenders" views mattered and should be heard

Now there is an interesting thought. Selective opinion seaking on a new stand. Is there not a danger though that due to the ground redevelopment and people moving stands left right and chelsea that the clear pecking order becomes blurred. For example the Williams stand now includes superior eastend folk, questionable lower dolman types, plus sub fan Williams long standers.

There may be a danger of cross contamination or worse, with second rate fans being confused for the more pure 'once had a ticket in the eastend' fans.

If only a tattoo system had been introduced last season. That way Atyeo types could be clearly identifiable, so their views could be ignored. Plus fans with the right tattoo accreditation would have the right to laugh at and slap them without risk of accidental 'friendly fire' on a fellow superior ex eastend fan.

Club has dropped a clanger here. Sack the board.

What would you describe it as then? Brought out of hibernation?

The East End was more special than the Atyeo, thats for certain. That aside, what it was in comparison to other stands doesn't really matter. It was home to a group. Each stand caters for different tastes, and those that the East End catered for shouldn't be marginalised.

I don't understand your point. The Atyeo will be for away supporters, the new South Stand will be for home support. Doesn't that allow all BCFC supporters a say in its design etc?

Why is it wrong for people from the atyeo or indeed any stand to have a say in the new stand.?

Fans from the eastend were displaced all over the ground and fans currently sat in other stands may well transfer to the new south stand......it's only right that all fans had the opportunity to have a say.

Yes, the group should and did and still do have an opportunity to influence part of the design, unfortunately, the attitude came across that only "eastenders" views mattered and should be heard

Why should people who wont use it have a say?

Its irrelevant now anyway. We largely know what we're getting and I suspect that the Dolman or Williams corners will become home for many.

Hopefully by the time the ground is finished safe standing will be a reality which should keep everyone losely happy

Its irrelevant now anyway. We largely know what we're getting and I suspect that the Dolman or Williams corners will become home for many.

Hopefully by the time the ground is finished safe standing will be a reality which should keep everyone losely happy

How do you know people won't use it? There may be staunch dolmanities who may look to move there, there may be people in the Williams who will be forced to move there that might actually stay there.

The ironic thing about that attitude is the various times it has been suggested by certain eastenders that if they don't like the eventual eastend they all may well move to another part of the ground.......so why should we give one small group more influence on the future of the stadium when, in there own words, they might not even use it

How do you know people won't use it? There may be staunch dolmanities who may look to move there, there may be people in the Williams who will be forced to move there that might actually stay there.

The ironic thing about that attitude is the various times it has been suggested by certain eastenders that if they don't like the eventual eastend they all may well move to another part of the ground.......so why should we give one small group more influence on the future of the stadium when, in there own words, they might not even use it

They may. They might. Then again they may not and they might not.

I'll pick up on a final point. "More influence on the future of the stadium". We're talking about the one stand here. The only requirements of the new Williams are facilities and view.

I have no intention of sitting there, so I won't (in general) comment about the part where people sit(/stand) -  I've already made that decision as I far prefer the view from the side of the pitch. But if I had not already made that decision, I would feel that I had just as much right to comment as those ex-eastenders who say that if it isn't right they will go elsewhere...or to be more positive if it IS right they will go there (which would be the same as for me if I had not already decided otherwise)

I will comment, where I feel it is appropopriate, about the concourse facilities, because the route by which I approach the stadium means that I will likely pass through the new stand part of the  concourse on the way to my seat in the Dolman and quite probably avail myself of the facilities if they are to my liking (and budget). I will also probably comment about all aspects of the Williams replacement, as at some point I will make a choice between staying in the Dolman and swapping sides - if it feels right to me, I would move over there as it still gives me the side-on view I prefer...

They may. They might. Then again they may not and they might not.

I'll pick up on a final point. "More influence on the future of the stadium". We're talking about the one stand here. The only requirements of the new Williams are facilities and view.

I stood in the Covered End all through the Fifties and again in the Eighties so therefore I claim that my opinions must be given priority over those who came after me.

What a load of rubbish!

Every City supporter is important whether they are an 80 year old Williams resident, a ten year old boy who has watched from the Dolman with his family or one who has been standing in the East End for the last six or seven years.

Some seem to have a strange feeling of superiority over their fellow City fans and expect to have their needs and wishes satisfied to the detriment of the great majority.

Get real - you are just another one in the crowd!

So not only are you saying you should have exclusive right to set the plans for the South stand, now your expertise extends to the Williams too.

Crikey we are very lucky to have you. Thank you sir for all you are doing.

So not only are you saying you should have exclusive right to set the plans for the South stand, now your expertise extends to the Williams too.

Crikey we are very lucky to have you. Thank you sir for all you are doing.

Go on then, tell me what else is a broad consideration for a side stand containing the premium areas?

Yeah exactly, that's all that counts. Now run along and have a tug elsewhere.

Red is good.. they just need to ensure they use the correct Poly this or that and the correct mix of dies in the injection mouldings that provide a level of UV protection. There is also chemical compounds that minimize the heat retention.. the last thing you want is for your derriere to fuse to the seat leaving you looking a bit too much of a loyal fan and stranded at the final whistle. 

If not and they buy purely on price then we shall have pink seats that crack in short fashion.. its all about the quality of the manufacturing process.. don't buy Chinese made City. Buy from Turkey or even the UK, if you can afford it.. or perhaps Spain or Italy.. all countries with a long tradition of injection moulding.  ;)

Go on then, tell me what else is a broad consideration for a side stand containing the premium areas?

Yeah exactly, that's all that counts. Now run along and have a tug elsewhere.

I don't feel the need to demand an input on the fine details of that stand or any other. I am happy with the direction being taken and would prefer design and construction by done by professionals in the industry.

Besides you have said only certain fans should qualify to give input or are you now broadening this?

Archived