IGNORED

Statement Regarding Release Of Images Of New Stand

Dollymarie

When the seagull follows the trawler, it is because he thinks fishes will be thrown into the sea.

Or as Eric Cantona once said:

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. Thank you very much".... Now let me jump across the hoardings and kick your sorry (Pal)arse

Or as Eric Cantona once said:

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. Thank you very much".... Now let me jump across the hoardings and kick your sorry (Pal)arse

Thank you for the correction! I'm nudging forty and my memories of twenty years ago are a little distorted now.....

This club has the following :-

A top chairman

A top manager

A quality team

and a bloody good supporters liaison officer.

Some people on here need just the slightest opertunity to give Dave L

Grief, well guess what numpties get off his back he does a bloody good job and doesn't need crap from you. Two weeks or four what does it matter go and argue about something else a bit more important.

EDITED FOR YOU

This club has the following :-
A top owner

An invisible Chairman
A top manager
A quality team
and a bloody good supporter's liaison officer.

Some people on here need just the slightest opportunity to give Dave L grief, well guess what numpties?  Get off his back, he does a bloody good job and doesn't need crap from you. Two weeks or four? What does it matter? Go and argue about something else a bit more important.

That's better- now I agree completely.

Some people on here need just the slightest opertunity to give Dave L

Grief, well guess what numpties get off his back he does a bloody good job and doesn't need crap from you. Two weeks or four what does it matter go and argue about something else a bit more important.

In this case he has the opportunity to correct any miscommunication caused via the meeting with the Supporters Trust and Club.

Are these images going to be available prior to the meeting in December at Ashton Gate, or not? The answer can save fans a trip to the ground to view them.

Sorry about that, I didn't get on with my English teacher but you got my drift.

Yep- and I agreed 100%

No images just yet sadly.

Don't shoot the messenger, I'm as frustrated as some of those posting in this thread. I've asked for clarification.

Dolly- trust you to come on and say something reasoned and reasonable- is it an age thing?

I'm not being funny, but the stand is being built... I'm guessing the construction contract wasnt signed without the board having a pretty good idea of the spec, design, and cost. Ergo, why can't the club upload these images so we can see them? I assume that the design allows for rail seating and normal seating to be installed at some point without the need for the whole stand to be torn down?

Don't get me wrong, I'm as keen to see a glossy fly through as anyone else but I don't understand the tiss about seeing some artists impressions of the stand. Surely the planning docs provide the most detailed guide to what it's gonna look like? Do people really need to see it coloured in to keep them happy?

The pictures/fly through will be out when they are out. There's no great conspiracy and to stick up for Dave L, he doesn't make these decisions, he just gets told like the rest of us.

Let's face it, many of those moaning won't like the stand whatever it looks like and are just waiting to moan that it doesn't look like what they imagined.

The new stands are happening, let's just enjoy seeing Ashton Gate develop into the 21st century at long last.

Don't get me wrong, I'm as keen to see a glossy fly through as anyone else but I don't understand the tiss about seeing some artists impressions of the stand. Surely the planning docs provide the most detailed guide to what it's gonna look like? Do people really need to see it coloured in to keep them happy?

The pictures/fly through will be out when they are out. There's no great conspiracy and to stick up for Dave L, he doesn't make these decisions, he just gets told like the rest of us.

Well said that man

Let's face it, many of those moaning won't like the stand whatever it looks like and are just waiting to moan that it doesn't look like what they imagined.

The new stands are happening, let's just enjoy seeing Ashton Gate develop into the 21st century at long last.

I don't know how I'm going to get through the next two weeks without seeing these images, what's going to become of me?....................................jeez

My issue is the club giving a timeline of "two weeks". All things point to this not being met - also Dave L being seemingly puzzled by this timeline. The whole thing has been handled poorly. Two weeks.. Four weeks.. Whatever. But they shouldn't give a timeline they can't meet

oh god,  sack the ******* board!! 

I really don't get what all the fuss is about, what is the conspiracy theory? What agenda do people think the club is pursuing by not releasing the pictures? To me it's a non-story being whipped up by this forums equivalent of Daily Mail journalists and readers. 

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/162961-its-the-middle-of-may/

Your points will most likely have been answered there in detail.

If you check the first post in this thread it mentions Martin Griffiths - "HOWEVER, Martin Griffiths has confirmed I can say the following regarding release of images, as the question obviously came up."

"In 2 weeks time (2 weeks because the images are being drawn as we speak) there will be the release of a couple of images of what the stand will look like if you are stood pitchside looking up at the stand."

In 2 weeks time (2 weeks because the images are being drawn as we speak) there will be the release of a couple of images of what the stand will look like if you are stood pitchside looking up at the stand.

I am a bit flabbergasted to hear tonight that the starter of this thread has been told in a meeting that they misquoted Martin in the thread (Also from the supporters club and trust meeting) Where may i add many in the room heard Martin say 2 weeks!!..

Any truth in this or what the hell is the truth anymore? this is the deep issue way beyond the images.

Your view may be different if you had attended meetings [hard in your case], open days, sent emails, or sincerely wished to see if you could make a contribrution by liaising with fellow interested fans.

BCFC have misled fans, and wasted peoples time. This is a common theme which stretches beyond this consultation and has led to Supporters who have been active previously in areas such as the Supporters club to testimonials from withdrawing that effort.

Over a month to Christmas Day or not, what goes on around certain aspects of the FC has been unhealthy for years.

I waited for a bus once. It was a bit later than expected. Granted, only a few minutes, but I had an epic online meltdown because I'd personally under written the cost of the bus service by tens of millions.

Then I came to my senses.

There is no conspiracy. The images will be available at the very latest at the meeting on the 4th December. If they are available before then, we will release them sooner.

Why does the Supporters Club and Trust post which starts this thread state something different, and why if it was incorrect was this not pointed out?

for some apparently, others need to have these "problems" pointed out to us because we have lives.

If you used a few % of the time it took to post those 1000+ posts you could attempt something more constructive perhaps. Some fans who do have lives have attempted to do just that way from the games on the internet, the opaque nature of some [not all] of the ways BCFC operates makes this difficult.

If you used a few % of the time it took to post those 1000+ posts you could attempt something more constructive perhaps. Some fans who do have lives have attempted to do just that way from the games on the internet, the opaque nature of some [not all] of the ways BCFC operates makes this difficult.

Wow you are right I am incredibly upset now....... where do I sign up? I could be just like James Dean in The Wild One.

Mildred: Hey Johnny, what are you rebelling against?

Johnny: Whadda you got?

Archived