IGNORED

The Official Afc Wimbledon Matchday Thread... Presented By Randy Marsh

Randy Marsh

Been described (and not for the first time this season) as a wonder goal, so what's the plan to stop that?, I would suspect even Jose hasn't got a plan for that particular scenario.

No offence fella...but if you actually went to games, you would see for your own eyes how different our game is, especially in the latter half of second halves...it really is like watching a different team sometimes.

Even SC has said the team are not under instruction to sit back and let teams come at us.

No offence fella...but if you actually went to games, you would see for your own eyes how different our game is, especially in the latter half of second halves...it really is like watching a different team sometimes.

Even SC has said the team are not under instruction to sit back and let teams come at us.

Wanted to ask, how did our defense look most of the game? That is one area we have really struggled.

Yes, it was a good strike but it can't be a coincidence?

Went to Fleetwood a couple months back where we were 3-1 up and cruising, we switched off and invited pressure. End result was ovcourse 3-3.

Bradford more recently drawing 2-2 after taking the lead twice.

3-2 against MK and Chesterfield, on another day we might not have been so lucky!

I'm very happy with how we are playing, it's great to watch but at the next level, we might not be so lucky. Just an area where we can improve on IMO :)

I understand what you are saying and it's probably as frustrating and perhaps even mystifying to SC, but Fleetwood for instance, came back from 1 down to 3 - 1 and to be fair both their 2nd and 3rd goals were very, very good goals, same with Walsalls equaliser, Barnsleys equaliser as well, fair enough for Bradford and for Chesterfield.

Anyway 18 games in total (since Oxford) this season unbeaten, 22 league games unbeaten or 1 defeat in the last 26 games it can't be all luck, otherwise robbored's theory would be damned.

Just to put a damper on things. Does tonight's win mean we get Gillingham away in the next round?

Once for the season was enough. Still trying to decide if I can face the league game. Ground awful but it has to be said their stewards are amongst the friendliest I've ever met, they actually made conversation so fair play to them on that. Probably not use to seeing people I guess but still...

If you want open attacking football then you will concede goals because gaps open up,

But tonight wasn't "open attacking football"... We sat too deep for large parts of the game, especially first half, and again after we'd gone 2-0 up. The overall performance just wasn't particularly good tonight and AFC probably deserved a goal.

Looked like Akinfenwa was carrying a few extra pounds.

Reckon he signed for KFC Wimbledon.

You know what you're going to get with him. It won't be lightning speed or twinkle toes mobility, but he does a job in the lower leagues. Unfortunately, he's recently lost weight, and is now only nearly 18 stones. This is not good for his image.

But tonight wasn't "open attacking football"... We sat too deep for large parts of the game, especially first half, and again after we'd gone 2-0 up. The overall performance just wasn't particularly good tonight and AFC probably deserved a goal.

Ah well, if standards are going to drop at all, this is the competition to get it out of our system.

You know what you're going to get with him. It won't be lightning speed or twinkle toes mobility, but he does a job in the lower leagues. Unfortunately, he's recently lost weight, and is now only nearly 18 stones. This is not good for his image.

He looks like a bouncer

Good morning from cloudy Bristol.

As one of the unlucky ones who couldn't get a ticket in time for tonight's sell out clash I have to play the role of Aussie and be an armchair fan again.

Tonight we meet AFC Wimbledon for the first time in their ashamed history. The third Dons in the history of English football, after the FA Cup winning team and their pheonix club who moved to MK, are back in the leagues after throwing their toys out of their pram.

The history of AFC is a dubious one. After failing to attend games in a manner only bettered by Swindon Town's yokels the club was going bust until Pete Winkleman saved them on the basis he could move the club to a population who actually would Carr about their club.

This upset the fan base of Wimbledon, now averaging 18 people a game, who would rather see the club with its proud history folded. Thankfully the powers of be disagreed and allowed such move which gave the Dons a new lease of life.

Back in grim Wimbledon the fans who started to reappear now there wasn't a shit club to follow set about stealing the place of a non profit nothing club in the London Counties leagues or some shit under a new name with AFC preceeding the embarrassment that Wimbledon became. Naughty AFC Wimbledon.

During their rise to tonight's cup final the unashamed behaviour continued as they attempted to ram Kingstonian into the ground to steal their park on which they played football. And after all of the dark arts we see cheaters do prosper as they are rewarded with a cup tie in the JPT at Ashton Gate to take on the only unbeaten side in the football leagues.

Let's hope true football is the winner here. 10-0 City.

Normally, I enjoy your posts but you are talking totally out your arse here.

No offence taken whatsoever and i'm sure you are correct.

My point is that quite a few times this season, the pressure in that latter half of games 'appear' to have been brought about by 'wonder strikes' against us and that happens, you know better than most there is very little discussion these days about mistakes leading to us conceding goals or rank bad defending, because it doesn't occur very often (certainly not with the early part of last season).

My point is that quite a few times this season, the pressure in that latter half of games 'appear' to have been brought about by 'wonder strikes' against us and that happens, you know better than most there is very little discussion these days about mistakes leading to us conceding goals or rank bad defending, because it doesn't occur very often (certainly not with the early part of last season).

I'd say about half of those strikes is down to us failing to retain possession or not pushing out,

fleetwood scored 2 good goals but one of those was because ayling (i think) failed to clear his lines,

Bradford would of beaten us if they didn't come for a draw as they were decent going forward

Mk Dons we were better but it was an almighty cock up from elliot that nearly cost us,

While we are still performing what also needs to be taken into account is that we have been bedding in 7 new players while understanding is starting to get there (we are showing some more steel) they are still learning each others games,

that has to be taken into account

On a different note JET's contribution to Wilbrahams first goal is obvious and huge but a special mention for Bryan's contribution, a slightly over hit ball that many would have given up on, but not only did he reach it but managed to get a thoughtful, dangerous, inviting and ultimately goal scoring cross in.

Nice to see Joe Bryan effecting games ,i still think there is much more to come from the lad as well .

JET seems to have been knocking around for ever and we forget he's only 9 (well young anyway ) when he reaches his top form i just hope it's with us .

There is more than one sort of bad defending. It doesn't have to be giving the ball away or letting someone run through. I always feel that we give opponents too much space on the edge of our box. Usually it means we win the defensive header, but everyone is back in the 6 yard box and guys further out are free to get in a shot. Once a "wonder strike" has been hit, it is too late, but getting in the guy's face, or getting there first, makes it hard to strike it that well. Yesterday was a bit different, but Francome still had space. This time it was because the midfield (Smith I think) didn't go back with him and there was nobody close to him when he picked up Mr KFC's layoff. 

Archived