IGNORED

Ched Evans (Again)

thephat1

I see Sheffield United are "allowing" him to train with them! Clearly only a matter of time before he wears the stripes of the blades once more! All of football should unite and stand against convicted rapists being allowed to be held up as a role model to young children. Would you want your son having his name on the back of his shirt? Footballers enjoy a privileged life style where they are held up and almost worshipped, all football fans should boycott Sheffield united games until this pervert is kicked out of football ! Ok rant over!

I see Sheffield United are "allowing" him to train with them! Clearly only a matter of time before he wears the stripes of the blades once more! All of football should unite and stand against convicted rapists being allowed to be held up as a role model to young children. Would you want your son having his name on the back of his shirt? Footballers enjoy a privileged life style where they are held up and almost worshipped, all football fans should boycott Sheffield united games until this pervert is kicked out of football ! Ok rant over!

A disgrace of a club. If I saw anyone with his name on a shirt I would be disgusted.

This "privileged life style" thing keeps cropping up and is used to justify a lot of negative actions that can be thrown at footballers, they get a wage for what they do its larger than most peoples wage but they made the choice to dedicate themselves to football and that's the choice they have made and they are reaping the rewards. The privilege is limited to same laws as everyone else (except a few truly privileged) and Ched has done his time for his crime (that he still professes he didn't do, rightly or wrongly - IMO wrongly).

Should everyone be treated differently based on the amount they earn? Or should everyone be treated differently based on there celebrity status?

Just because he's a footballer, it doesn't mean he's a role model. I don't believe he's asked to be one. And anyone who treats him as such is very stupid. 

He's done his time and should be free to continue his career. That said, I wouldn't want City to sign him (and I'm sure they won't). 

Just because he's a footballer, it doesn't mean he's a role model. I don't believe he's asked to be one. And anyone who treats him as such is very stupid. 

He's done his time and should be free to continue his career. That said, I wouldn't want City to sign him (and I'm sure they won't). 

He will be free to have his name his face used to endorse football related products, he will have kids in the street claiming to be "Ched Evans" as they nutmeg their mate and score between the jumpers the same way as we were once Cooper Jordan Dick's and co. He dosent need to ask for it any footballer will be held up as a hero a role model. I just believe football shouldn't allow someone with his history to be in this position, and yes I said the same about Lee Hughes and Marlon King as well.

157,000 people signed a petition urging Sheff U not to let him play for them again. Very poor decision from Sheff U - a PR own goal and just sends out completely the wrong message IMO.

I'm all up for giving people second chances - problem is neither Evans or Sheff U seem to have properly acknowledged he's done anything wrong.

His actions may have been deplorable, but he has served his sentence and should have the opportunity to gain employment again.

There are quite a few professions for which Ched Evans would be barred, even though he has served his sentence.  Serving your sentence does not necessarily mean that the slate is wiped clean for employment purposes.  The question is whether being a professional sportsperson is one of these.

If he worked in Education for example and he had committed this crime he would be on the sex offenders list and would have to find an alternative career. If he was a lorry driver that had been drunk when causing an accident he would be able to work at some stage but probably not as a lorry driver.

No one is saying he can't ever work again, but there is no god given right to continue on a chosen path if you have screwed up.

Done his time? less than half and out. Reformed, no never apologised, still maintains he is innocent.

Continue as a professional footballer - no.

If he worked in Education for example and he had committed this crime he would be on the sex offenders list and would have to find an alternative career. If he was a lorry driver that had been drunk when causing an accident he would be able to work at some stage but probably not as a lorry driver.

No one is saying he can't ever work again, but there is no god given right to continue on a chosen path if you have screwed up.

Done his time? less than half and out. Reformed, no never apologised, still maintains he is innocent.

Continue as a professional footballer - no.

Complete and total nonsense regarding his situation.

You have made an example of something that is required. Ie, if you are a teacher you can't be on the sex offenders register, if you are a lorry driver you need a HGV license, something you won't get easily if you causes death by dangerous driving.

The guy has served his sentence, his debt to society has been done. Also his whole case absolutely stinks.

There are 56,000,000 people in the Uk, it is suggested that over 37,000,000 of these people are adults, it is suggested that over 3.4m people in the UK over the age of 18 support a football team and watch at least one game per season. A petition against one player playing has attracted 157,000 signatures, of which there was no tick box sectors of do you follow a football team and how many games do you attend, because of this the poll has to be assessed by the 37,000,000 adults in the UK, so it would appear 0.004% of people in the UK are against him earning money and paying taxes in a profession he is capable at.

The man still protests his innocence and is trying to get an appeal, to have his sentence quashed and be compensated, of which he has already declared should this happen, the compensation would be donated to charity. He wants his name off the sex offenders register as well.

Have a read of his website, the whole case absolutely stinks.

Sheff Utd, already said should he be given a contract they will not print any shirts with the name Evans on it's back, so is is actually a let down to anyone who has that surname.

I would be more concerned with the number of politicians who run our country, yet have been found guilty of fraud, than someone who has served his sentence wanting to get on with his life.

At no stage in being a footballer do you have to have a clean driving license, clean criminal record or not be on the sex offenders register, so he hasn't breached any rules that govern football by playing again.

There are a number of people who say that Oscar Pistorious should and can with the Olympics Blessing compete in 2020 in the Para Olympics, yet that is somebody who killed somebody , I personally think that is worse myself, and was amazed he got away as lightly as he did.

Saint he ain't but Ched Evans has a right to get on with his life and if his 10K a week, means he is putting 200K of tax into the coughers of the government each year, I would rather he was playing football then on the dole claiming !

You have made an example of something that is required. Ie, if you are a teacher you can't be on the sex offenders register, if you are a lorry driver you need a HGV license, something you won't get easily if you causes death by dangerous driving.

The guy has served his sentence, his debt to society has been done. Also his whole case absolutely stinks.

There are 56,000,000 people in the Uk, it is suggested that over 37,000,000 of these people are adults, it is suggested that over 3.4m people in the UK over the age of 18 support a football team and watch at least one game per season. A petition against one player playing has attracted 157,000 signatures, of which there was no tick box sectors of do you follow a football team and how many games do you attend, because of this the poll has to be assessed by the 37,000,000 adults in the UK, so it would appear 0.004% of people in the UK are against him earning money and paying taxes in a profession he is capable at.

The man still protests his innocence and is trying to get an appeal, to have his sentence quashed and be compensated, of which he has already declared should this happen, the compensation would be donated to charity. He wants his name off the sex offenders register as well.

Sheff Utd, already said should he be given a contract they will not print any shirts with the name Evans on it's back, so is is actually a let down to anyone who has that surname.

I would be more concerned with the number of politicians who run our country, yet have been found guilty of fraud, than someone who has served his sentence wanting to get on with his life.

At no stage in being a footballer do you have to have a clean driving license, clean criminal record or not be on the sex offenders register, so he hasn't breached any rules that govern football by playing again.

There are a number of people who say that Oscar Pistorious should and can with the Olympics Blessing compete in 2020 in the Para Olympics, yet that is somebody who killed somebody , I personally think that is worse myself, and was amazed he got away as lightly as he did.

Saint he ain't but Ched Evans has a right to get on with his life and if his 10K a week, means he is putting 200K of tax into the coughers of the government each year, I would rather he was playing football then on the dole claiming !

All entitled to an opinion aren't we, yours is different to mine.

Actually it is far from that clear-cut.  If you are or want to be a teacher, there are a range of offences that would probably debar you from the profession, should you be convicted of them, including (but by no means limited to) offences involving violence, sex or class A drugs.  Certain professions are exempt under the terms of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 which means that for those professions there is no such thing as a 'spent' conviction.  It is a myth that once you have served your sentence and are out of prison your offence has no ramifications.

As Ched Evans is on licence, his sentence is not complete until April 2019.  The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act then states that if you have received a custodial sentence of more than four years, your conviction is never spent, and so must be declared, and can be taken into account, by prospective employers for the rest of your life.

Laughable.

Also people forget he is only released on remand which means every 3 months he has to report to a police station. He also for the next 2 and a half years can't put any foot wrong, as any altercation which can lead to any conviction whether it be getting in a fight, shop lifting, drink driving or anything he will go back to prison straight away for 2 and half years.

Also people forget he is only released on remand which means every 3 months he has to report to a police station. He also for the next 2 and a half years can't put any foot wrong, as any altercation which can lead to any conviction whether it be getting in a fight, shop lifting, drink driving or anything he will go back to prison straight away for 2 and half years.

You make it sound like you feel sorry for the piece of filth.

he was convicted in a court of law by a jury, he has shown no remorse for his crime, he shouldn't be alloud to earn many thousends of pounds without paying about 90% charity,

to sum it up he is scum and should be left to rot working at mcdonalds or sweaping the streets

he was convicted in a court of law by a jury, he has shown no remorse for his crime, he shouldn't be alloud to earn many thousends of pounds without paying about 90% charity,

to sum it up he is scum and should be left to rot working at mcdonalds or sweaping the streets

Happy to agree with that.

I'm happy to forgive people who do things out of desperation (even if it is wrong) - maybe someone who shoplifts food out of desperation to feed their kids etc.  But his crime is not one of circumstance but one of a sick personality.  How can he possibly be safe to release if he doesn't admit guilt?  The root cause of his crime can't have been treated without accepting that guilt.

I'm no fan of Evans and would hate him at BCFC... but this logic is spot on in my opinion. He is free to seek employment at whatever market rate he can command. If the company providing employment is a football club then so be it.

I'm no fan of Evans and would hate him at BCFC... but this logic is spot on in my opinion. He is free to seek employment at whatever market rate he can command. If the company providing employment is a football club then so be it.

Absolutely, because the law states that.

However, public opinion has never gone hand-in-hand with the law (rightly so, very often) and he has to accept this, as does everyone else.

Report to a police station every 3 months - oh no what a huge inconvienience, where will he find the time? Christ, people with football banning orders usually have to report to a police station EVERY TIME their team or England plays football.

Welcome to OTIB anyway, Ched.

Who is in a position to make that decision? At what rate of earnings should he pay to charity... and how much? Thankfully our legal system works rather well and isn't open to such whimsical interpretation

No doubt he will end up firing them to promotion at our cost.

I wonder if people would be so forgiving then?

Personally I think he's used his "status" to allow him to commit a crime that he believed wouldn't ever come to what it did, regardless of him serving his time, some crimes are unforgivable, his is one of those.

I don't believe that he should get a second chance, simply because I don't believe that he should be given the opportunity to be a hero, or idolised and that is what exactly will happen if he fires UTD to glory (IF they offer him a contract).

Archived