IGNORED

The Official Swindon Town V Bristol City Match Day Thread.

Agree but I think he probably could have timed his appearance better.

The other fkwit is a classic production of that urban sh"thole that is Swindon.

He is on here when they are shit and has taken a load of flack in the past, i can't deny him his bit of enjoyment today.

He would have to have the sensibilities of Ghandi not to enjoy their result on here tonight!

Would be that from some of your finest who were seen on their toes before the game?

Oh god, you are a joke. Your lot had their phones off before the game, nothing happened at all, stop embarrassing yourself and go away with your pathetic lies, it's genuinely sad. Taddahhhhhh.

Ps I'm not biting anymore, you carry on dreaming son. I'm off to enjoy my free bar.

Poor and clueless enough to beat your agricultural hoof merchants

Here is an example of your typical Swindon fan. Shame you didn't run down your mum's leg pal.

Did anyone else see their 'mob' of 16 year olds hanging around safely behind the police outside someones' front room near the cricket club? Pitiful display.

Wonderful!

Just back. Difficult to add much really. Sending off entirely changed the way we approached the game. First half thought we were very comfortable, surprisingly so. Second half, they played much better, getting wide more, and it felt inevitable they would score. Having said that, all 10 played like lions, and it is as well as I have seen us defend for many a year. Was always going to take a good goal to beat us, which is what in the end they got.

https://vine.co/v/O5vjzDIbUjj

Freeman stood out for me, although let down a little by poor corners early on. Did not in truth see the sending off, but if it was for a head butt, then a shocking moment by Elliott who on this occasion dropped everybody else in it, and will miss games now. Few chances for us, but Wilbs could have scored late on.

Just one of those days were it went for them. Saw enough to know there is a real spirit in our side, and they will bounce back. Only worry was looking at the bench how little attacking options we had. Pack on 86 chasing the game!??!

Great run, now over. They won this battle, every confidence we will win the war.

Edited by cityexile
  • Like 1

Not embarrassing Rich?

attachicon.gifB2fqTwRCYAE--Tf.jpg

A reaction like this after seeing a fellow pro sent off?.

Thanks EMB. That picture sums up Swindon today, and as they say a picture speaks a thousand words.

I'm surprised. I remember Terry Cooper as our manager, and of all the managers I've known at City, I always felt he was the most gracious in defeat, and the most gracious in victory. It clearly hasn't rubbed off on his son. Or, if it has, Mark hasn't communicated it to his players.

That is a disgrace, for a professional footballer. And the antics of their no 2 at the end was also a disgrace, akin to Billy Sharp a few years back. And some of the last ones out of the ground will have seen their players coming out to "warm down" and running straight up to the away end to give the remaining City fans a bit more.

The plus is that picture on the dressing room wall for the home game will surely assure us of 3 points at the Gate!

• Like 1

in a week where football/footballer has come under the spotlight for unsavoury off field going's on and if as has been reported by a few BCFC fans and Wilbs that Swindon's captain has tried to goad City fans at the final whistle, given the fact there was reported trouble before the game, I hope the police seriously take a look at it.

+ if as SC and Wilbs are claiming from the video evidence about the sending off is correct, let's hope the football league act upon that as well.

Not holding my breath on either.

in a week where football/footballer has come under the spotlight for unsavoury off field going's on and if as has been reported by a few BCFC fans and Wilbs that Swindon's captain has tried to goad City fans at the final whistle, given the fact there was reported trouble before the game, I hope the police seriously take a look at it.

+ if as SC and Wilbs are claiming from the video evidence about the sending off is correct, let's hope the football league act upon that as well.

Not holding my breath on either.

reported trouble before the game ?

Some of you City fans need to get real and hearing your manager as well saying it wasn't a sending off then he is a total idiot since when has head butting a players not a sending off offence.

We had to make changes as our two best players were out ok you had your player sent off and first half we didn't take advantage of the situation but second half you hardly got out your half and we hit the bar twice and 19 shots at goal look at the stats you had one shot all game from a team that you lot were supposedly going to spank us 3 or 4-0.

We are far better in possession of the ball than you are and your mistake was to try and rough our young players up from the start which must have come from your manager so he has to take some of the blame.

Get your rose tinted glasses off the best team won and really it should have been by two or three goals not just the one and it would have been an injustice if you had got something from the game.

We know we are the best footballing side in the league and with our two best players back we will be even better at your place.

We fear no one and you played a proper football team today and lost accept the defeat I said yesterday you have to lose sometime there is no way you were going to go the season without losing games as every team will lose games.

All the supposed best team we have beaten Sheff utd - Preston now you lot.

As for Aden Flint he was well out of order at the end of the game and he needs to remember who gave him his chance in league football.

Look forward to seeing you at your place and by the way just to remind you we drew last year with 10 players.

Sweet result and deep down you all know we are a good side with two better players to come back in.

• Like 1

Some of you City fans need to get real and hearing your manager as well saying it wasn't a sending off then he is a total idiot since when has head butting a players not a sending off offence.

We had to make changes as our two best players were out ok you had your player sent off and first half we didn't take advantage of the situation but second half you hardly got out your half and we hit the bar twice and 19 shots at goal look at the stats you had one shot all game from a team that you lot were supposedly going to spank us 3 or 4-0.

We are far better in possession of the ball than you are and your mistake was to try and rough our young players up from the start which must have come from your manager so he has to take some of the blame.

Get your rose tinted glasses off the best team won and really it should have been by two or three goals not just the one and it would have been an injustice if you had got something from the game.

We know we are the best footballing side in the league and with our two best players back we will be even better at your place.

We fear no one and you played a proper football team today and lost accept the defeat I said yesterday you have to lose sometime there is no way you were going to go the season without losing games as every team will lose games.

As for Aden Flint he was well out of order at the end of the game and he needs to remember who gave him his chance in league football.

Look forward to seeing you at your place and by the way just to remind you we drew last year with 10 players.

Sweet result and deep down you all know we are a good side with two better players to come back in.

Off you **** mate

• Like 1

You won today. Just enjoy it ffs.

Been around long enough to have seen us win big games and lose a few. It happens. Lets see where we are come the end of the season. Maybe you are right, maybe you are wrong, we will see.

Either way, I only have to go to Swindon once a year.

Our manager had viewed it 4 times, when he gave his interview, what about you?.

• Like 1

Slightly embarrassing.

We had 10 men for basically 90 minutes.. you should dominate.

Nathan Thompson is an utter disgrace as well as Jack Stephens... celebrating a fellow pro getting sent off is rank amateur and embarrassing.

Sums up your vile club.

Btw... what an embarrassing post.

Edited by Dark Wood Covert

Well I wasn't expecting that result.

I had city down to win this 2-1, considering our 2 best midfielders were on international duty. And I don't think the 11 v 10 issue had anything to do with it, no matter what any city connected people say. If a team is good enough to win they should be able do it with 10 men regardless. Teams with 10 men have won games before - it is not a rarity. We played well enough in the second half to win it, and win it we did. end of.

Now I believe that City will win the division this year. Strong team, good backing, good support and the rest. they deserve to be in the championship. But I think (hope?) Swindon can give them a run for their money and at least make life a little more uneasy at the top over the next 5-6 months. 

Looking forward to the game at Ashton Gate - when hopefully we get a chance to see how we fare against a City '11'. 

It's not 'their cup final' or 'your cup final' and all that peacock strutting nonsense that comes with being a WUM. It's just the nearest thing we have to a local derby with a bit of history over the years, so yes passions are bound to be a little over the norm than when playing Rochdale or Oldham etc...from both sides, before and after the fact of the result.

• Like 1

:facepalm:

Let's see how many players your bankrupt club has had to sell when the return game arrives.

• Like 1

Can't deny swindle there moment. Seems ref ruined a potential good game as contest. Poor decision so early in a high profile game. As for swindle being a good side.5 -0 defeat at Cheltenham suggests you still got work to do. Swindle need to stop looking at us were not your big brother, and watch out for Mk Dons. Personally I think swindle will fall away like all the others have who've been on our tail.Preston losing means today's loss not really an issue were still comfortable on top the league. Today ending up being 10 men v 12 and the picture of the Swindon player celebrating wades red card after less than 5 min showed the swindle mentality. We will move on to Preston next week while swindle will still be harping on about beating the big brother down the me. To all who trail us beware the Mk Dons not become obsessed about catching the billionaire owned Bristol City. #COYR

I was looking forward to a contest between two of the better teams in the division. Perfectly happy to say that the table doesn't lie. Swindon must be one of the better teams. 

Sadly the sending off prevented that contest from taking place. From that moment the balance of the game was altered in favour of Swindon. Anyone wanting bragging rights about the best footballing side on the day was deprived them today.

Any suggestion that the sending off didn't alter the match is nonsense, and wishful thinking. 

Now I was very confident that City would win a match of 11 v 11. I can assure anyone not there today, or not sat in the home end, that none of the Swindon fans around me had much confidence that their side would win until the whistle went. The reaction at the end struck me as one of delighted disbelief. On that show I'd be amazed if Swindon finish above City this season.

Edited by Red Exile

Well I wasn't expecting that result.

I had city down to win this 2-1, considering our 2 best midfielders were on international duty. And I don't think the 11 v 10 issue had anything to do with it, no matter what any city connected people say. If a team is good enough to win they should be able do it with 10 men regardless. Teams with 10 men have won games before - it is not a rarity. We played well enough in the second half to win it, and win it we did. end of.

Now I believe that City will win the division this year. Strong team, good backing, good support and the rest. they deserve to be in the championship. But I think (hope?) Swindon can give them a run for their money and at least make life a little more uneasy at the top over the next 5-6 months.

Looking forward to the game at Ashton Gate - when hopefully we get a chance to see how we fare against a City '11'.

It's not 'their cup final' or 'your cup final' and all that peacock strutting nonsense that comes with being a WUM. It's just the nearest thing we have to a local derby with a bit of history over the years, so yes passions are bound to be a little over the norm than when playing Rochdale or Oldham etc...from both sides, before and after the fact of the result.

Erm, team with 10 being good enough to win as it makes no difference if 10 or 11? How did that theory go at Cheltenham last week?!

I didnt mind most of your post until i read that.

As for Thompson, oooh i cant wait for the return. Hes guna get plenty ( thats if he doesnt have a 10 match ban by then for another half a dozen red cards! ).