IGNORED

The Official Swindon Town V Bristol City Match Day Thread.

...And I don't think the 11 v 10 issue had anything to do with it, no matter what any city connected people say. If a team is good enough to win they should be able do it with 10 men regardless. Teams with 10 men have won games before - it is not a rarity. We played well enough in the second half to win it, and win it we did. end of...

OK - lets acknowledge firstly a pretty balanced post.

But really? Whatever we shout at each other, neither of us is Real Madrid, we are both Div 1 sides going pretty well. There is no doubt being short of a key player changed the nature of the game hugely. It was always a losable game for us. It was your day, and it was a very good goal required to win it.

As a match up between the two teams to make judgements about the relative merits of the team, frankly it did become meaningless after the sending off.

Well I wasn't expecting that result.

I had city down to win this 2-1, considering our 2 best midfielders were on international duty. And I don't think the 11 v 10 issue had anything to do with it, no matter what any city connected people say. If a team is good enough to win they should be able do it with 10 men regardless.

**** me........I've heard it all now.

• Like 1

Anyone who says a team with 10 men should beat a team with 11 players or compete equally are morons, but this is Swindon fans, to be expected really. Ugly losers.

not 'should' but at least believe in themselves as a unit to compete and maybe win, especially considering they are top of the table and unbeaten. The same should go for the fans...yes it's a p*sser when you have a player sent off but if you give up all hope as result of red card you may as well go home straight away no? did City fans make for the exit after 2 minutes? no. Why? because they still believed they have enough strength, skill, etc to maybe scrape a win with 10 men. I certainly wasn't sitting there going brilliant thats 3 points on the bag after 2 minutes, yes it's a bonus but with Nthan Thompson in the team I know that at any minute it could be 10 against 10..

...Why? because they still believed they have enough strength, skill, etc to maybe scrape a win with 10 men...

I assume we were both there?

-     did City at any stage 'give up'

-     did they continue to 'compete'

-     did they keep going trying to 'scrape' something?

You were frankly in the second half to good against 10 men. I was proud how hard we fought all the way through, and almost got there. Maybe if we had rolled over and got hammered, but we lost 1-0 to actually a very good goal, away from home, against the team in second place!

The sending off changed the game. To argue anything else is frankly absurd!

• Like 1

not 'should' but at least believe in themselves as a unit to compete and maybe win, especially considering they are top of the table and unbeaten. The same should go for the fans...yes it's a p*sser when you have a player sent off but if you give up all hope as result of red card you may as well go home straight away no? did City fans make for the exit after 2 minutes? no. Why? because they still believed they have enough strength, skill, etc to maybe scrape a win with 10 men. I certainly wasn't sitting there going brilliant thats 3 points on the bag after 2 minutes, yes it's a bonus but with Nthan Thompson in the team I know that at any minute it could be 10 against 10..

Ugly loser, if i had to spend anymore than a day in Swindon i'd just top myself.

Edited by TinnionForEngland

OK - lets acknowledge firstly a pretty balanced post.

But really? Whatever we shout at each other, neither of us is Real Madrid, we are both Div 1 sides going pretty well. There is no doubt being short of a key player changed the nature of the game hugely. It was always a losable game for us. It was your day, and it was a very good goal required to win it.

As a match up between the two teams to make judgements about the relative merits of the team, frankly it did become meaningless after the sending off.

Why do you say meaningless ? like devoid of content as a spectacle ? lacking integrity ? 

personally I'm not making judgements between the qualities of the two teams here. Both teams are where they are on merit. City are still top, we are second, just a bit closer that's all..

Why do you say meaningless ? like devoid of content as a spectacle ? lacking integrity ? 

personally I'm not making judgements between the qualities of the two teams here. Both teams are where they are on merit. City are still top, we are second, just a bit closer that's all..

'Meaningless' purely in the sense that if you were a neutral trying to come to an informed decision as to the relative merits of the two sides, the sending off made that analysis meaningless.

TBH we have got a bit of a reputation for, shall we say, over-Reacting.

But your fella was rightly sent off and a couple of others were lucky not to join him in the first 15 mins.

Seemed your players were mightily wound up from the start.

I know you will point to the dismissal as the reason for your defeat and FWIW I thought in the first half you played very well.

2nd half we mullered you

Thick as shit, :laugh:

Come on let's get real we had a loss today against a team who should finish top half this season, losing a player for the whole match had a massive affect on the game.

I think most of their fans were expecting relegation this season.

They see us as their rivals but they mean very little to us.

Another 20 points should see them safe.

• Like 1

'Meaningless' purely in the sense that if you were a neutral trying to come to an informed decision as to the relative merits of the two sides, the sending off made that analysis meaningless.

and if a team of 10 men beats a team of 11 a neutral wouldn't be able to extol judgement on the heroic exploits of the supposed underdog...?

and if a team of 10 men beats a team of 11 a neutral wouldn't be able to extol judgement on the heroic exploits of the supposed underdog...?

Fair come back I suppose, but either way you would not be able to tell much about the way the team normally goes about their business, how they normally play. Defensively we worked really hard today. Attacking wise we were not at the races, other than a couple of chances. You pays your money and takes your choice, but that it either because you had a fantastic defensive performance, or, because, well - we were a man short.

If I had been told before the game you would score one goal, I would have taken that right there, as that would normally see us winning. You saw half a performance today - our defending.  

Fair come back I suppose, but either way you would not be able to tell much about the way the team normally goes about their business, how they normally play. Defensively we worked really hard today. Attacking wise we were not at the races, other than a couple of chances. You pays your money and takes your choice, but that it either because you had a fantastic defensive performance, or, because, well - we were a man short.

If I had been told before the game you would score one goal, I would have taken that right there, as that would normally see us winning. You saw half a performance today - our defending.  

I agree with you there. I always thought this is a game where we need to score at least 2 in order to get anything from it. City defended really well second half and actually could/should have scored near the end. And yes for all the cheering of the red card I'd actually rather we were playing the full City side, not sure we would have won, but that is something we'll never know. 

I still stand by my belief that City will win this division. I see no reason why we can't be up there competing for second place..

Extremely embarrassing from their point of view..

Goodness me...........that really is some of the most self satisfied overblown celebrating its been my misfortune to view............thank god their out of the Johnstones trophy (courtesy of those giants Cheltenham Town).....I shudder to think what the reaction would have been of them getting to wembley.  Group sex....followed by a city wide bus tour?