IGNORED

The Darts Thread

Big Red Rich

2 great games last night, good to see the newer younger players coming through and starting to perform. 

Thought Phil Taylor was very honest and open last night after the match, only taken 15 years for the rest of the players to reach his standard eventually. Wish I was as good as him and Barney in my 50s at any activity.

ive a sneaky feeling Alan Norris will win it.

I agree, he's not playing well. But still averaging 100 per 3 darts. If that's in pieces rest have some way to go. 

I think he should take 6 months off sort out his divorce, get over his mothers death and see how he feels after that. Only trouble is he's a very big draw and prem league and sponsors will want him to play.

• Admin
1 hour ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

I agree, he's not playing well. But still averaging 100 per 3 darts. If that's in pieces rest have some way to go. 

I think he should take 6 months off sort out his divorce, get over his mothers death and see how he feels after that. Only trouble is he's a very big draw and prem league and sponsors will want him to play.

Valid points - his problem is he doesn't play enough darts anymore. Where he once could simply switch it on and beat anyone - he lacks that sharpness now that is key in winning tournaments

I don't believe he will carry on just being someone who gets to quarter finals etc 

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Valid points - his problem is he doesn't play enough darts anymore. Where he once could simply switch it on and beat anyone - he lacks that sharpness now that is key in winning tournaments

I don't believe he will carry on just being someone who gets to quarter finals etc 

I agree, he has gone right back on his schedule. I think he's 54 now and just can't do it anymore, trouble is I think sky and the pdc are desperate for him to carry on. He needs to sit down and work out what he wants to do now and maybe say enough is enough and protect his legacy. 

Just don't think it would do him and the sport any good at all if he carried on as a no hoper.

Barney is a perfect example, cut down his schedule and just able to protect his top 16 ranking.

I think the time has come when the younger players now take over the mantle and they have a lot to thank Taylor, Bristow, Lowe, Barney for getting darts to where it is.

Archived