IGNORED

The Darts Thread

Big Red Rich

Been watching it on Sky. Pretty dull so far in the early rounds. The one game I really enjoyed was King v West. Very tense match with King winning through. He was so emotional and it showed in his post match interview. He could barely talk and looked utterly shell shocked.

3 hours ago, Big Red Rich said:

Anyone going this year? @wayne allisons tongues?? Thoughts so far? I had Cadby at 200/1 really thought he would go far, looks a great talent mind. Great to see The Flash in the commentary team!

Yes going on the 27th evening session. MVG Taylor and Barney good session to watch

1 hour ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I like watching it, but it doesn't really get competitive until the quarter finals, with an odd exception.

Disagree MR, this afternoon was great as was the afternoon of the 23rd. Luck of the draw, imagine having tickets for one of the finals where former MBE Taylor whitewashed the likes of Manley et al, totally boring! 

On 6 January 2016 at 19:48, Spoons said:

Just looked and the whole prize fund for this years bdo darts championship is £309,000. Gary Anderson won £300,000 himself in pdc final!!

sure bbc getting rid or not renewing bdo darts for next year, I take it bt sports will take it as already showing highlights this year. Maybe they can take it on to a better level.

bdo should also re schedule there world championship as it shows it to be at its worse straight after pdc championship where the darts are at a whole different level! Some bloke in the preliminary round won his game with a 62.5 3 dart average!! Almost won't to get my darts back out!

Both Syd and our mutual gas mate Wayner got to within 1/2 games of the Lakeside, agree that it isn't a patch on the PDC. But I still have a soft spot for it...

11 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

Both Syd and our mutual gas mate Wayner got to within 1/2 games of the Lakeside, agree that it isn't a patch on the PDC. But I still have a soft spot for it...

It's on channel 4 this year I think, as I'm writing this watching Gary Anderson averaging 115 after 4 sets! Not sure that would happen on bdo but I still watch/enjoy it.

8 minutes ago, Spoons said:

It's on channel 4 this year I think, as I'm writing this watching Gary Anderson averaging 115 after 4 sets! Not sure that would happen on bdo but I still watch/enjoy it.

I know mate, he looks awesome, channel 4!?! Didn't realise the BBC lost it, they've still got Wimbledon and the Snooker....

• Admin
24 minutes ago, Robbored said:

He's got no right to be. He's as dim as they get along with Wade and Chisnall. None of them can put a sentence together.

:facepalm:

They won't become commentators when they retire from the circuit.

Ironically have been out in bars with all three. Lewis and Wade paraded around like they owned the place and just looked a pair of dicks

Chissy was a great bloke and still keep in touch occasionally, interesting thing I found out he was a top semi-pro footballer and only took up darts as he fractured his ankle

47 minutes ago, phantom said:

Ironically have been out in bars with all three. Lewis and Wade paraded around like they owned the place and just looked a pair of dicks

Chissy was a great bloke and still keep in touch occasionally, interesting thing I found out he was a top semi-pro footballer and only took up darts as he fractured his ankle

Wade and Lewis in the same bar?  Must has been a meeting of minds.....:facepalm:

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

Is Eric Bristow still providing some top class 1970s punditry!? 

He got sacked for his views about the football abuse stories earlier in month on twitter

Archived