IGNORED

The Darts Thread

Big Red Rich

13 hours ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

I agree, he has gone right back on his schedule. I think he's 54 now and just can't do it anymore, trouble is I think sky and the pdc are desperate for him to carry on. He needs to sit down and work out what he wants to do now and maybe say enough is enough and protect his legacy. 

Just don't think it would do him and the sport any good at all if he carried on as a no hoper.

Barney is a perfect example, cut down his schedule and just able to protect his top 16 ranking.

I think the time has come when the younger players now take over the mantle and they have a lot to thank Taylor, Bristow, Lowe, Barney for getting darts to where it is.

Taylor hasn't hardly played on the circuit for a good 10 years,he just goes where the money is and who can blame him,he's finished as a top level darts player but will take it in and take the money as long as he wants too 

Gutted for Norris but Klassan just became unplayable at end. That throw where he hit 180 in about 3 seconds was insane.

Wade having his arse handed to him by Anderson 

26 minutes ago, Super said:

Agree with this. Arrogant *****.

Would agree until this year. Earlier on this year after a regular PDC tournament he spoke how his life has changed from a personal event he did not wish to make public, since then he has matured to a great extent, his interview after his last round was well spoken. Seems to have changed. 

I don't like him though. HOWEVER, on his day he's a crazily exciting darts player.
Klassen is too inconsistent to win the thing. I think Smith will turn up tonight against Barney.
Smith and Lewis double 3.9/1

15 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Sometimes, youthful confidence is expressed as arrogance, I wouldn't expect that Lewis would be in any clique of mates I would have, but that could change as he matures, nothing is set in stone. For me, I'd like to see Barney win his sixth.

It's not youthful arrogance that imitates me about Lewis. I read/heard things about his private life including th way he treats his wife that I find extremely distasteful.

but...like you I'd like to see Barney win it again.

2 hours ago, RedM said:

I always liked Klassen, I'll be cheering him on. Sadly only from my sofa, it looks a fantastic experience to actually be there though, would love to go.

Maybe it's me but I'm finding the crowds at the worlds worse each year. There are people who go and don't even seem to be watching and just joining in the horrendous 'lad banter' and the god awful kolo yaya chants. Give me Lakeside with the PDC players and you'd have the perfect combo for me.  

34 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Maybe it's me but I'm finding the crowds at the worlds worse each year. There are people who go and don't even seem to be watching and just joining in the horrendous 'lad banter' and the god awful kolo yaya chants. Give me Lakeside with the PDC players and you'd have the perfect combo for me.  

Yes, I must admit this year it has seemed much more disrespectful to the players. Yes chant in the between throws etc but the bits I've seen people don't really seem to be watching anyway so make noise all the time. I'm all for enjoyment but you can take it too far, you got to respect the players too.

1 minute ago, Super said:

You gotta feel for Smith! Fair play to Barney though.

He just lacked the nerve to hold on. He's young and will win the worlds one day IMO 

9 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

Gary Anderson said earlier once he wins his first nobody will stop him, best darts player he's ever seen behind the scenes.

Those first three sets were as good as I've seen. 

52 minutes ago, Tomarse said:
1 hour ago, EmersonsRed said:

Gary Anderson said earlier once he wins his first nobody will stop him, best darts player he's ever seen behind the scenes.

Those first three sets were as good as I've seen. 

I had money on smith to win the whole thing but im glad he is out

What do you win for being the best behind the scenes? JACK

I once hit 12 dart 501 in my bedroom v my little bruv

Archived