IGNORED

Everything Matt Smith (Merged)

Marina's Rolls Royce

Always difficult really. JET is lazy, Agard isnt. But the good old British love and appreciate a trier!! Thats whats so wrong with football over here we dont appreciate the skillful side very much.

Trying seems to allow for poor performance. Poor performance and seeming lack of effort from JET means a slating!! ( i'd get rid of him BTW ).

Funny thing is; if you roll right back to the start of October, JET has three (and all of his) assists that month (two against Cheltenham, one against Coventry) while Agard has just a single goal (Coventry) and no assists.

So, in raw numbers, Agard has been responsible for three goals and no assists since the start of October, while JET has got two goals and three assists in the same period.  Obviously; not presenting this as meaning JET is BETTER overall, but just some interesting data, I think.

Basically; Agard scored a load of goals (five, for the record) in a two week period back in September, which adds up to the difference in the goal returns between him and JET.

Again; not suggesting this MEANS anything, but got me thinking is all.

I've haven't read so much shit in one thread since the conference manager one

Seems more than a bit bizarre the number of folks convinced that being on 45 points after 22 games is some kind of happy accident, that's for sure.

As I've said elsewhere; that fact we've got here with only Wilbraham consistently scoring is surely a GOOD thing? 

Always difficult really. JET is lazy, Agard isnt. But the good old British love and appreciate a trier!! Thats whats so wrong with football over here we dont appreciate the skillful side very much.

Trying seems to allow for poor performance. Poor performance and seeming lack of effort from JET means a slating!! ( i'd get rid of him BTW ).

It's not just lazy though. It's baffling and at times eccentricity bordering on madness.

For example, why - if your side has won an attacking free kick straight into their box would a striker chose to position himself directly behind the kick taker, on the sideline, as if he was running the line or something?

Other than slot home the penalty which Cunningham had won, Jay's contribution today was zero. I can't actually think of a pass he managed to make to a red shirt.

It's negatives like that, outweighing the positives of goals and assists, that keep me thinking that he - sadly - just has to go next month.

It's not just lazy though. It's baffling and at times eccentricity bordering on madness.

For example, why - if your side has won an attacking free kick straight into their box would a striker chose to position himself directly behind the kick taker, on the sideline, as if he was running the line or something?

Other than slot home the penalty which Cunningham had won, Jay's contribution today was zero. I can't actually think of a pass he managed to make to a red shirt.

It's negatives like that, outweighing the positives of goals and assists, that keep me thinking that he - sadly - just has to go next month.

Not to mention the corner, it would have wasted more time to actually put the ball in the box

WTF are you on about? A false position. Joker.

Well- fair comment Super, we'll just have to see over the next few weeks. Clearly if we're still top then I'm the joker and I will humbly agree with your outrage. Just in case you can only see the very top of the table - check out where Swindle , MK & Preston are on points and their recent form + recent goals scored v ours. I maintain that we are top because of our great form and their less good form from the last few months but not recently.

As for the old " Wade Elliott is crap"  after one match chestnut- we certainly weren't saying it after three and Matt Smith has had four. He's a passenger on loan gaining match fitness. One of SC's few mistakes. 

Yeovil were woeful in front of goal and had we been been playing a team who could finish we'd  now be 4th in the league.

because half of our performances haven't been great, just had a mix of good defending and wasteful attacking by the opponents

Yea that's why we have been top for nearly FIVE MONTHS!!!. But of course you cold be doing irony, I really hope so if you are not this has to be the most deserving daftest post of the year contender along with Cheeslymates recent surge up the table and all of Super's and of course Monkeh!!  :facepalm:

Yea that's why we have been top for nearly FIVE MONTHS!!!. But of course you cold be doing irony, I really hope so if you are not this has to be the most deserving daftest post of the year contender along with Cheeslymates recent surge up the table and all of Super's and of course Monkeh!!  :facepalm:

I think you should be the one claiming the daft post award, to deny a fact as blatant as what i posted is pure ignorance and even suggests you didn't read my post completely, so I'll reword it to you, we have done well because of a mix of good defending (see complimentary to us) and poor attacking by other teams, particularly at the start of the season.

Just because we are top does not mean everything is perfect, we have thrown away a decent sized lead so clearly things aren't perfect, stop living in a fantasy world and accept it. Im not saying we are bad or anything, just taking a step back and taking a view at it, there must be a reason why so many fans of other clubs weren't that impressed with us and they can't all be sour grapes.

There have even been several times people on here have said we could have played better so I think it's time you acknowledge that things can be improved.

We are fortunate to still be top. A false position imo.

Not possible. We have accumulated sufficient points to be where we are. If anything we are unlucky not to have more points when one considers the Swindon game. we could only be said to be in a false position if MK Dons are guaranteed to get 3 points from their game in hand.

It was a twist of fate today that our goals were scored by the two worst players on the pitch. Michael Smith of Swindon please.

Nothing like getting behind our players eh?

******* embarassment this thread.

Well done matt smith on your first goal for our club. Keep working hard and I'm sure you'll get a few more.

Nothing like getting behind our players eh?

******* embarassment this thread.

Well done matt smith on your first goal for our club. Keep working hard and I'm sure you'll get a few more.

I don't believe the players read this forum, and I believe my post was honest but not malicious. During the game I give nothing but support. I never boo or abuse anyone in red (or purple or white) during the game. After the game I can post my frustrations on here. If you would like me to re word my post the goals were scored by the two least good. I was delighted for smith who works hard but ultimately is not on a par with the rest of the squad.

The more game time he gets the sharper he will get. Strikers don't see as much of the ball as players in other positions so they tend to take longer to gain full match fitness when coming back from injury/long spells on the bench. He is not awful, he does have quality and will be important to us in games to come.Doubt he'll be here after his current loan spell runs out as I fully expect City to Sign Doyle in the January window.     

Agreed!

Not sure what JET did wrong in his period on the pitch, he wasn't given the ball often in a position that he could do any harm. He did some defending well, he almost laid on a goal for Smith with a great throw in which I am sure a better player would have been alive to and scored the coolest penalty you will ever see.  

Talking of support though, I had a guy I have never seen before sitting next to me today, who was crying out for Yeovil to equalise today, just to confirm his insistence from the very first minute, that "we are **** ing shit and guaranteed to screw this season up. His daughter was sat next to him and when left (early of course!) she apologised to me, to which my reply was, "I only had him for 90 minutes love, I hate to think what your life has been like".

I don't believe the players read this forum, and I believe my post was honest but not malicious. During the game I give nothing but support. I never boo or abuse anyone in red (or purple or white) during the game. After the game I can post my frustrations on here. If you would like me to re word my post the goals were scored by the two least good. I was delighted for smith who works hard but ultimately is not on a par with the rest of the squad.

Do what you want, but who needs enemies when you've got support like ours.

Well what do you want me to say? 

How about "well done Matt Smith, you missed two gilt edged chances (the 1st of which was similar to one missed by Wilbs against Preston) but you didn't hide and came back for more and we rewarded with a goal" You could also throw in something about his over all workrate and the fact he won the ball in the air pretty consistently.  It's up to you how you want to interpret someones game though.

Well what do you want me to say?

I just wish - for once - after winning game at home, we weren't beating one of our players with a shitty stick. Particularly one that scored an important goal.

But **** you matt smith, thanks for being so shite you scored the goal to keep us on the top of the league at new year.

Some what amusing thread.

We are on top and we did win today. There, I said it, and in doing so, I stated the bleeding obvious.

I'm not going to get the tarot cards out, shake the tea leaves or try to read anything in the stars to make predictions about the future.

I just want someone who can hit a barn door with a banjo.

Archived