IGNORED

Everything Matt Smith (Merged)

Marina's Rolls Royce

Whether he scored 2 today or not, during the Yeovil game he was absolutely woeful. The header he scored was a good one, but the two he missed were easier chances.

Hopefully that was a one off (haven't seen him before then) and today was the start of something good. He must have something to be on Fulhams books...

Whether he scored 2 today or not, during the Yeovil game he was absolutely woeful. The header he scored was a good one, but the two he missed were easier chances.

Hopefully that was a one off (haven't seen him before then) and today was the start of something good. He must have something to be on Fulhams books...

Mate one bad performance does not a career make and deserving of a Matt Smith is awful OP, that is plain stupid.

I saw Thierry Henry have a bad game once.

Es- if you can't take the banter then don't start it!

My view is that when I've seen Matt play even after scoring v Yeovil- he looked awful. That was my opinion shared by many. He scored once or twice today and very well done. I look forward to seeing the highlights and seeing whether he played any better than the 3 games I've seen him in. If Matt Smith won the match then fair play but from what I understand he nodded in a Flint goal bound header and a tap in from 2 yrds after excellent play by Cunningham. It's the team that won the match and the Manager with his brave selection.

I may be right- I may be wrong about my original assessment. Either way, my team won and we close 2014 from a terrible relegation position in Jan to top of the League in 2014. If I'm a complete arse at least I'm a very happy and contented complete arse.

HNY to you and here's to promotion in 2015 with or without Matt Smith.

Just shows the people who start these subjects about Wade Elliot and Matt Smith etc. do not really watch the game that carefully. Probably too pissed or something.Not sure who started this one but to create topic with this title is damaging for the player. As supporters we need to provide positive support and encouragement to everyone at the club. With a force like that will be very powerful.

COME ON YOU REDS.....

Es- if you can't take the banter then don't start it!

My view is that when I've seen Matt play even after scoring v Yeovil- he looked awful. That was my opinion shared by many. He scored once or twice today and very well done. I look forward to seeing the highlights and seeing whether he played any better than the 3 games I've seen him in. If Matt Smith won the match then fair play but from what I understand he nodded in a Flint goal bound header and a tap in from 2 yrds after excellent play by Cunningham. It's the team that won the match and the Manager with his brave selection.

I may be right- I may be wrong about my original assessment. Either way, my team won and we close 2014 from a terrible relegation position in Jan to top of the League in 2014. If I'm a complete arse at least I'm a very happy and contented complete arse.

HNY to you and here's to promotion in 2015 with or without Matt Smith.

That was your attempt at banter?, don't give up the day job mate.

The point is language, when we signed Wilbraham a huge majority on here made outrageous claims about how poor he was and how his signing would prove what a poor appointment SC was, some even abused a Palarse fan for daring to put an alternative view of actually how good he is.

Smith is obviously unfit of that there is no doubt, even though he completed 90 minutes today SC doesn't think he is near fit, well that happens with loan signings because most loan signings haven't had much game time or are returning from injury.

opinion is one thing but a statement like the OP is always likely to bite you on the arse and when that happens take it on the chin. of course you might actually be proved right and today might have been his match winning swan song, who knows?, but come May if we win promotion by 2 goals, 1, 2 or 3 points he will have done his bit towards that end.

For the record I too am a very happy BCFC fan and my long suffering Missus who gave up asking how City got on over 40 years ago is also very happy (I tell her only of positive results) if I don't tell her she assumes we lost and doesn't dare ask me because of the sarky reply.

Es- here was my pre-match post:

"Posted Today, 10:55 AM

This is the day Matt Smith tries to ram my comments right back down my throat.

( but misses my open mouth and then tires early on)

We will win this one and I really don't care by how much, in what manner or who scores . Even Dr Who."

It does indeed appear I can "take it on the chin" and if you cared to see all my posts re Matt then you'd perhaps appreciate that the OP was part of a greater context as opposed to a single polarised position and certainly not meant to be quite do devisive. 

However, I cannot compete with '40 yrs of long suffering Missus' as 7 yrs was as long as I managed - in this, if not also in other matters, I  give you joy of the moral victory!

One swallow doesn't make a summer. Three goals in two games doesn't (necessarily) make a striker.

Just got to say though, this Smith/JET partnership looks lethal.

Cotts. I was neutral on your appointment. You have exceeded my expectations on every front and delivered a near miracle. Fantastic mate. Most of your decisions over the last year I could understand this one I couldn't. You have amazed me.

You're that friggin good, I think you might be able to persuade me that I have a chance of shagging that Ellie off Countryfile if I spent a few minutes with you!

What about the two easy chances he missed?.

You asked I answered.

Haha, congratulations on understanding how question work.

This is really gonna end in the same debate. Take Matt Smith as an example, if Henry had one more chance he probably would have scored it and sent the game to extra time.

Just shows the people who start these subjects about Wade Elliot and Matt Smith etc. do not really watch the game that carefully. Probably too pissed or something.Not sure who started this one but to create topic with this title is damaging for the player. As supporters we need to provide positive support and encouragement to everyone at the club. With a force like that will be very powerful.

COME ON YOU REDS.....

I ran out of 'likes' have a typed one instead

Haha, congratulations on understanding how question work.

This is really gonna end in the same debate. Take Matt Smith as an example, if Henry had one more chance he probably would have scored it and sent the game to extra time.

indeed, then take the for instance one Andrew Cole, how many games did he play in especially for Manu, where he looked as though he had never played the game before, like it was the first time he had seen a leather football, awful control, awful first touch, awful passing, awful missed easy opportunities, scores 2 maybe 3 goals and Manu win and is the premierships 2nd all time goal scorer and he couldn't get a game for England, proving sometimes awful can be a subjective word.

Archived