IGNORED

Everything Matt Smith (Merged)

Marina's Rolls Royce

How about "well done Matt Smith, you missed two gilt edged chances (the 1st of which was similar to one missed by Wilbs against Preston) but you didn't hide and came back for more and we rewarded with a goal" You could also throw in something about his over all workrate and the fact he won the ball in the air pretty consistently.  It's up to you how you want to interpret someones game though.

No he didn't. He simply cannot jump. He makes JET look like a high jump champion.

I just wish - for once - after winning game at home, we weren't beating one of our players with a shitty stick. Particularly one that scored an important goal.

But **** you matt smith, thanks for being so shite you scored the goal to keep us on the top of the league at new year.

I never said that. I said he was one of the weakest players on the pitch. I never said he was shite, nor did anything I say even hint at **** off. I make an observation that few disagree with and you jump down my throat about it. Look at the other players who played today. They were all fantastic. To say he was the weakest of that bunch is hardly the insult of the year is it?

I just wish - for once - after winning game at home, we weren't beating one of our players with a shitty stick. Particularly one that scored an important goal.

But **** you matt smith, thanks for being so shite you scored the goal to keep us on the top of the league at new year.

Errr- you obviously missed the winning goal scored by Jet.....hey ho though- if the cap fits and all that

I never said that. I said he was one of the weakest players on the pitch. I never said he was shite, nor did anything I say even hint at **** off. I make an observation that few disagree with and you jump down my throat about it. Look at the other players who played today. They were all fantastic. To say he was the weakest of that bunch is hardly the insult of the year is it?

So all the players today were fantastic, apart from matt smith? If that's not a slating assessment I don't know what is.

maybe I've misinterpreted the context of your arguments, so sorry if that is the case. But it really gets my goat when players that have played well and made a positive contribution get ripped.

So all the players today were fantastic, apart from matt smith? If that's not a slating assessment I don't know what is.

maybe I've misinterpreted the context of your arguments, so sorry if that is the case. But it really gets my goat when players that have played well and made a positive contribution get ripped.

But I don't believe he did that well today. Yes he got into some good positions but his goalscoring tactic seems to be along the lines of chuck enough shit and some of it will stick. Just because he scored doesn't mean he played well. 

This is what the forum is all about though, you have your opinion and I'll have mine. I'm not on his twitter calling him names or hurling abuse from the stands. I'm just a guy expressing the opinion that he was not good today. If your kids playing football and they have a bad game you tell them. Not as bluntly as I did but without criticism they won't get better. You're still supporting them though and while they're playing you give them all the support you can.  

But I don't believe he did that well today. Yes he got into some good positions but his goalscoring tactic seems to be along the lines of chuck enough shit and some of it will stick. Just because he scored doesn't mean he played well. 

This is what the forum is all about though, you have your opinion and I'll have mine. I'm not on his twitter calling him names or hurling abuse from the stands. I'm just a guy expressing the opinion that he was not good today. If your kids playing football and they have a bad game you tell them. Not as bluntly as I did but without criticism they won't get better. You're still supporting them though and while they're playing you give them all the support you can.

Alright fair enough. Nice problems to have though when your goal scoring CF is the worst player in the team :) #topoftheleagueproblems

Alright fair enough. Nice problems to have though when your goal scoring CF is the worst player in the team :) #topoftheleagueproblems

Make that our TWO goal scoring CFs being the two worst players, by most folks accounts.

These are heady times indeed when our match winners are getting stick.

Jet could score 10 goals in a game and get slated, it doesn't matter what he does or doesn't do anymore

Sorry, but that's crap.

If he scored goals in open play and set up goals, then the criticism of the other aspects of his play would dry up. Otib members will recall how he was the one beacon of brightness in the gloom of Sean O'Driscoll's L1 "campaign". He entertained. He displayed quite outrageous skill at times. He became something of a hero.

The fact is, today he scored a penalty. I'm sure others might have scored that - especially Freeman - but Jay was selected to take it, after Cunningham won it. And he didn't stuff it up like Agard. 

But other than that his contribution was nothing. He was either MIA and giving us the appearance of a 10-man team, or he was passing directly to a yellow shirt. More of a hindrance than a help, in other words.

I wish I could report otherwise, but I was there and seeing is believing!

Some right clowns here too much sherry?

To set the record straight a sign of a championship winning team is to win when not playing well,

We battered Crewe the other day and lost we battered preston and lost, we were poor and won yay!!

So no-one can say certain players had a bad game?

Lucky the manager won't have such a complacent attitude.

Matt Smith was only brought in on a short term loan to cover if any of of our strikers got injured.  Wilbs was injured yesterday so he came in and did a job for us. Yes not a world beater, but he's a trier and after a couple of clear misses didn't let it effect his game and he carried on battling and was rewarded with a goal, fair play to the guy.

He wont be here much longer, when the transfer window reopens and we bring in much needed reinforcements. I wont slag the guy off hes not the answer we all know that but as long as hes here and trying hard, I will support him and hope he proves a few of you wrong with goals to help us win this league

CTID CAF COYR

The one player that has disappointed me recently is Mark Little, today for example for some reason he appeared to look tired again don't know why maybe not 100% through a bug or something.

Hopefully he will be flying again soon showing the type of performance he did against posh away on a regular basis.

Ref Matt Smith he should be playing in the premiership..........for Saracens!

The one player that has disappointed me recently is Mark Little, today for example for some reason he appeared to look tired again don't know why maybe not 100% through a bug or something.

Hopefully he will be flying again soon showing the type of performance he did against posh away on a regular basis.

Ref Matt Smith he should be playing in the Premier League..........for Saracens!

His game is all about strength and power and he has struggled when up against players of a similar stature. I did think he came into the game a lot more in the second half though. Unusually the defending was the better part of his game today.

Scores in a game????

He missed two open nets!!!! Did you miss them???

Anyone else at Crewe wondering how Wilbs missed the first half chances? Agard has been missing chances all season. Smith is not match fit, what he is short of is confidence, this thread is shameful.

Bare bones of the squad out there in dreadful conditions getting 3 points, we should all be getting behind the team not slagging them off.

There I've said it as well.

One thing I haven't seen posted yet is that in order to get chances you have to be in the right place at the right time. As bad as Smith is according to some of our fans he still managed to find himself in the right positions to get those chances and had he finished the two easy chances he would have walked away with a hat-trick whilst lacking match fitness.

I wasn't at the game so I'm not saying he did great or that he was "awful" but I do think a massive part of being a striker is positioning and his positioning will have helped him get all of those chances today.

One thing I haven't seen posted yet is that in order to get chances you have to be in the right place at the right time. As bad as Smith is according to some of our fans he still managed to find himself in the right positions to get those chances and had he finished the two easy chances he would have walked away with a hat-trick whilst lacking match fitness.

I wasn't at the game so I'm not saying he did great or that he was "awful" but I do think a massive part of being a striker is positioning and his positioning will have helped him get all of those chances today.

Smith said pretty much the same in his post match interview. He added that if he wasn't getting chances he'd be more worried than missing them.

Well said I thought.

I think it was Jimmy Greaves who said that as a striker you hope to get 3 chances in a game and if you put one of those away, thats a good day. Matt Smith? Job done.

Wonder if you would still post that if it ended 2-2 which it was bloody close several times.

He missed from 5 yards in front of an open goal.

Though it's not so much that he missed, it's that he is clearly a lumbering great cart horse.

Smith said pretty much the same in his post match interview. He added that if he wasn't getting chances he'd be more worried than missing them.

Well said I thought.

I heard Enoch say the same.

It still didn't make him a very good football player.

Why should we only post positive things?

If we think someone is crap why not say?

There were certainly enough in the Atyeo openly saying it yesterday.

Going by this thread, imagine if he didn't score! It would all go off. The main thing is, despite missing the chances that he did miss he scored which contributed to 3 points. He may not be the answer, but we are still top and come January, i am in no doubt that a consistent striker will be signed to facilitate the final promotion push. 

Archived