IGNORED

The Fucup Dongcaster Match Thread

Major Isewater

By who?

Statistically shown or shown through punditry?

Almost no Premier League teams do it, nor Championship sides which tells me that the statistical analysis must hint in that direction. Teams just don't do it. Realisticly how many goals are stopped per team by having men on the posts? One, maybe two a season. That seems a waste of two players for the sake of two goals.  

I have no stats to back it up but as there has been a decline in the use of post guarding defenders I assume there must be.

Impressive, really, considering that I was in Horfield at the time...

What were you in for?

I can see you now- orchestrating the whole event like Noel Coward in the Italian Job- all the inmates banging their metal mugs in appreciation shouting "Brrr...istol" etc.

Your past just gets better and better- no wonder you have Horace as your stooge.

If you're nitpicking to this extent presumably you correct someone every time they put "Your" instead of "You're"? Or "Should of" instead of "Should have"?

I am tempted to do just that but there are not enough hours in the day and I have better things to do. This is not nitpicking though is it? This is mangling of English.

"Gotten" is not an English word.

Actually you're wrong. 'Gotten' is closer to Old English than 'Got' and is only one example of American English preserving older forms of the language. Another example is 'Fall' which predates 'Autumn'. Blame the Victorians, who mangled the English language, but don't blame Americans.

Actually you're wrong. 'Gotten' is closer to Old English than 'Got' and is only one example of American English preserving older forms of the language. Another example is 'Fall' which predates 'Autumn'. Blame the Victorians, who mangled the English language, but don't blame Americans.

Much appreciated Dolman!

Now can the spelling and grammar police please move on to more worthwhile targets.

Archived