IGNORED

Ched Evans

Real Red

Would LJ not enhance his reputation a great deal if he walked away now?

Possibly in certain quarters but how about his loyalty to the fans and players? He also has a job, mortgage, family etc to support. 

Not sure I believe that LJ was against this signing. Would the board really go ahead with it if he felt so strongly against it?

This could be very possible but Football is littered with Owners signing players without the Manager's input.

Perhaps there's something in all this that we don't know.

On the face of it , it is a very strange and brave move. 

Can't be bothered to trawl through the pages to so apologies if it's already been mentioned, but with the amount of flak Evans has taken from the media and public in general, I cant help but think the they are going over the top. Sky Sports news mention his name every 5 minutes, yet others have got off very lightly in comparison. There's a video of Nile Ranger repeatedly hitting a woman, however she never came forward so he didn't get a sentence. He's also served jail sentences and been arrested numerous times for nearly every crime possible bar murder, yet when Swindon/Blackpool signed him there wasn't a whisper about it from the media. Luke McCormick was also able to walk back into football relatively unnoticed. Arguably what these have done is worse than Evans, so why is such a HUGE deal being made about it? Because he's a better footballer than Ranger? Not right for me, if the media are going to hound players with a criminal record then they should be consistent in doing so.

Ched Evans is the person that has made this a bigger deal than it should have been by refusing to believe he has done anything wrong, failing to condemn the people harassing the victim of his crime and very loudly and publicly trying to claim his innocence. If he truly is innocent, then he should wait until he is vindicated before whoring himself around the football league to find a club to play for.

I suggest you get your facts straight before accusing Ranger of things on a public forum that aren't true. A simple Google search will show you what he has actually been convicted of and that he hasn't ever been to jail. Being arrested and being convicted are two different things.

He spent 11 weeks in a young offenders institute in 2007, so yes he has been convicted. And he has been arrested numerous times following that. What have I accused him of that isn't true?

The best piece on the whole affair that I've read so far

Totally sensationalised article - first paragraph is full of inaccuracies

it is perfectly appropriate to pick up a drunk and incapable woman at a bus stop (wasn't a bus stop. She was happy to get in the taxi. This bit doesn't even have anything to do with Evans), carry her to a hotel room (no carrying involved. video footage of her walking) and take turns (take turns? sounds like some sordid "tag-team" style affair) to have sex with her while mates film it all on their mobiles (not sure someone inside a room can control what someone outside a room does?!)

I don't agree with the tone of the article, however I agree with the point. There should have been some sort of apology or appreciation for the damage that has been caused to the girl - regardless of whether he still thinks hes right or wrong.

Totally sensationalised article - first paragraph is full of inaccuracies

it is perfectly appropriate to pick up a drunk and incapable woman at a bus stop (wasn't a bus stop. She was happy to get in the taxi. This bit doesn't even have anything to do with Evans), carry her to a hotel room (no carrying involved. video footage of her walking) and take turns (take turns? sounds like some sordid "tag-team" style affair) to have sex with her while mates film it all on their mobiles (not sure someone inside a room can control what someone outside a room does?!)

I don't agree with the tone of the article, however I agree with the point. There should have been some sort of apology or appreciation for the damage that has been caused to the girl - regardless of whether he still thinks hes right or wrong.

OK, it has some inacurracies, but are you really saying you don't think it sounds sordid?

Do you currently boycott Oldham games due to them signing Lee Hughes? No, no one even mentions it.

Rightly or wrongly, this will be forgotten once the media find a new story to run with.

If I remember correctly, Hughes at least showed some remorse for his actions. Is Hughes still with them? I've never seen him play 'live' so I probably boycotted without knowing.

*comment removed*

Why do you continue to make light of it?

Do you have to really work doubly hard at this bad boy bad ass image you portrayed under you previous user name? You come over as a rather sad individual, who continues to seek the limelight by making such comments, you are an attention seeker, possibly someones who craves attention, whilst not worrying how many individuals you sneer at as long as you get the feedback...in fact I shouldn't even be responding, feeding the troll that you are, so why you just do one and save me and others having to read all your carp and the insight to your troubled soul.

I might have to put you on ignore...be warned.

Why do you continue to make light of it?

Do you have to really work doubly hard at this bad boy bad ass image you portrayed under you previous user name? You come over as a rather sad individual, who continues to seek the limelight by making such comments, you are an attention seeker, possibly someones who craves attention, whilst not worrying how many individuals you sneer at as long as you get the feedback...in fact I shouldn't even be responding, feeding the troll that you are, so why you just do one and save me and others having to read all your carp and the insight to your troubled soul.

I might have to put you on ignore...be warned.

Thanks for the feedback. Quite the profiler arent you? Unfortunately, you failed in your second sentence.

If you take offence to things that others say, i dont really see whos problem it is but your own. Stop taking life so seriously, its pretty boring otherwise.

Oh and you can put me on your 'ignore list' fella! I shall still sleep well tonight.

Also, isnt an attention seeker and someone who craves attention exactly the same thing?

Do you currently boycott Oldham games due to them signing Lee Hughes? No, no one even mentions it.

Rightly or wrongly, this will be forgotten once the media find a new story to run with.

Dream on this won't go away, Oldham are taking a big chance financially and with the long term goodwill of the their fan base, not to say the abuse the player and club will have to endure at games.

I suspect some of the players and staff might also have some explaining to do to the female members of their families.

I suspect some of the players and staff might also have some explaining to do to the female members of their families.

Don't make this a gender issue. Females have no more right to be offended at a convicted rapist playing for their team than their male counterparts. 

Don't make this a gender issue. Females have no more right to be offended at a convicted rapist playing for their team than their male counterparts. 

i'm not making it a gender issue, but you seem to be, females are entitled to hold a view as much as the next person, especially if they are married to a player or staff at the club, where a convicted rapist is going to play of course the players and staff have to also make the same moral judgement.

i'm not making it a gender issue, but you seem to be, females are entitled to hold a view as much as the next person, especially if they are married to a player or staff at the club, where a convicted rapist is going to play of course the players and staff have to also make the same moral judgement.

I think what JO means is that not all females may take the view that you or, say, Dolly do.

In the Robbo household, for example, the missus thinks Evans is the victim of a miscarriage of justice, whereas I think he probably is guilty.

One point you and I agree on I suppose, is that we think Oldham are mad for doing this, and Evans should have stayed out of British football while he was still pursuing a legal challenge.

I think what JO means is that not all females may take the view that you or, say, Dolly do.

In the Robbo household, for example, the missus thinks Evans is the victim of a miscarriage of justice, whereas I think he probably is guilty.

One point you and I agree on I suppose, is that we think Oldham are mad for doing this, and Evans should have stayed out of British football while he was still pursuing a legal challenge.

Probably why I used the word 'some'.

No, you implied that females should especially feel offended by the fact you were explicit about females, where as I said they have no more of a right implying it is NOT a gender issue. People have every right to feel offended, male or female. Equally, you don't need to be female to be offended, see Robbo's example.

Women are not allowed an opinion outside of the kitchen.

Well my work colleague (an Oldham season ticket holder of 15 years) isn't going to anymore games indefinitely. He has train tickets to London to watch them in a week or two and will be going to watch AFC Wimbledon or Crystal Palace instead.

Will be interesting to see their next attendance.

I wonder if the other 47,000 people who signed the petition will attend the game. Somehow I doubt it!

Archived