IGNORED

Free Scarf!

UREDS_91

Really?

How long do you think the average city fan can twirl a scarf for? Both mentally and physically. It'd be some feat to do it for more than 15 minutes.

Yes really, because funnily enough I wasn't talking about the one individual who sits directly in front of me. I'm all for an atmosphere I'm just not sure how scarves is going to change it from the current library this season .. People liking it to Liverpool is laughable, holding scarves above your head doesn't somehow make a good atmosphere..

I'm a paying customer and st holder, don't see who you are to be annoyed about me having concerns of not being able to see the match?

I think we ought to ban anyone talking as well. Jesz, I can't hear the manager shouting out his player instructions because of to the din these so-called supporters make. Shocking. Do they all think they're in a football stadium or something. Rotters.

Um I thought this thread was about scarves paid for by a mystery sponsor being given away ?

Yes, and I was responding to a poster who said he didn't want 'Lansdown' on it .... suggesting he might like 'Higgs' to sponsor it instead.

For the record!

Scarf is free!

Scarf is paid for by sponsor not BCFC (So SC budget not effected)

Scarf not made by below minimum wage labour

Scarf is red

Scar is also White

Scarf has Robin on it

Scarf will not require collection

Scarf does not have West Ham United on it

Unfortunately

Scarf will not hold it self up

Scarf will be able to share the ticket of seat holder

Good luck to all new scarf holders for the game! COYR....Should be a great sight for the scarfless on TV Sunday!.....Nice touch by the club....The atmosphere should be immense!

Would be better to give them out when going into ground

That would seem like the obvious solution. It only needs 1 person out of 12,000 to be dishonest, and one of those affected to react, and you have a problem. Not beyond the realms of possibility unfortunately.

I'm not moaning though, it's a great gesture from the club and makes a lot of sense with the club on national TV.

Great gesture Bristol Sport! Always wanted a scarf but never warranted opening out my pockets for one, so this provides a great opportunity.

Just hope some individuals don't think it's funny to take other peoples scarves because that could ruin it for a fair few people especially when those poor sods have to nick one off another seat because theirs has been nicked already!

I wonder if a new surfer could be supplied that fits all the latest regulations ?

As long as any surfer or very large flags have a fire certificate it meets the regulations, plus having no obscene words or pictures on it then the club are happy. Also check out the size of the stand (blocks) to any flag people might be thinking of buying and will those blocks have a fair run to surf it..

Problem we have is size of the flag and layout of the stand, the murray surfer was not sized up for the Williams stand as it is made in the portrait layout with it's 40ft size poses a problem with the pillars..

Great gesture Bristol Sport! Always wanted a scarf but never warranted opening out my pockets for one, so this provides a great opportunity.

Just hope some individuals don't think it's funny to take other peoples scarves because that could ruin it for a fair few people especially when those poor sods have to nick one off another seat because theirs has been nicked already!

Handing out at the turnstiles would be a more secure and fair way to ensure everybody gets one.

But difficult because of the space they would take up and those entering are not evenly distributed over all the turnstiles.

I'm a paying customer and st holder, don't see who you are to be annoyed about me having concerns of not being able to see the match?

I thought your original comment was a tongue in cheek attempt at ironic humour.

It appears it wasn't and that you are a miserable old sod!

I thought your original comment was a tongue in cheek attempt at ironic humour.

It appears it wasn't and that you are a miserable old sod!

Na mate afraid not, I'm just someone who actually enjoys watching football for the game, don't get me wrong I don't just go to watch football I've been city all my life but this will be the highest standard opposition we will have played in my life time and I want to be able to see our boys on the current form go toe to toe with a big name of English football.. Still enjoy a good sing and drink on match day like everyone else, was a st holder in the wedlock, love a good match day atmosphere just don't want to have a scarf in front on my face all game if that's such a problem

Handing out at the turnstiles would be a more secure and fair way to ensure everybody gets one.

But difficult because of the space they would take up and those entering are not evenly distributed over all the turnstiles.

Yeah that's true, would be difficult to keep a thousand scarfs behind one of those turnstiles! But you're right it would be a more secure way to do it.

Archived