IGNORED

Free Scarf!

UREDS_91

I remember when scarves were a must have item they're great for keeping wrists warm.. :)

* could account for many of us of a certain age only having arthritis in one hand/wrist. -should be available as pairs on the NHS! :)

One of my wrists is shot to pieces too. I never put it down to excessive use of a scarf mind. I will use that story from now on though, many thanks.

Oh dear, hope you're keeping an eye on this thread DL.

I've posted a question in the Q&A now asking if they could be given out rather than left on seats, don't say I didn't try if it all goes wrong.

I'm expected a 'we don't have the staff' response if I'm honest. But I'm ready with a response of 'well how are they going to get put on seats then?' All it needs is a box inside the turnstile or maybe the steward who searches my bag every game (I've been attending matches for years I know the rules!) could also hand me a scarf beforehand!

I'm hoping for a free knitted item at each round right the way through to the cup final. 40,000 city fans on a barmy sunny Saturday in May, head to toe in knitwear. Nice! Come on Bristol sport get your act together.

The club to provide fans with red and white City onesies for the next round?

The free scarfs are a really nice touch the club. I do admit though when I read they are being left on seats my first thought was I bet a few go missing, I know the vast majority of our fans will be fine but out of 12000 people there will always be a handful of bellends.

The handing them out on the way in idea could work as there is always a steward outside every turnstile, if they all get given a box of scarfs they can pass one to people on the way in. Then you'd just need a few stewards going round topping up the boxes? Doesn't sound too tricky and won't slow down entry as long as they keep the boxes topped up.

The free scarfs are a really nice touch the club. I do admit though when I read they are being left on seats my first thought was I bet a few go missing, I know the vast majority of our fans will be fine but out of 12000 people there will always be a handful of bellends.

The handing them out on the way in idea could work as there is always a steward outside every turnstile, if they all get given a box of scarfs they can pass one to people on the way in. Then you'd just need a few stewards going round topping up the boxes? Doesn't sound too tricky and won't slow down entry as long as they keep the boxes topped up.

That's how I'd do it. On the basis that it takes longer to scan your ticket and pass through the turnstile than it would do to be handed a scarf, it shouldn't be a bottleneck at all.

I'm not sure that is really what stewards are there for. I know it seems that they just stand around, but can you imagine if there was an issue inside the ground that got out of control and then it came to light that the stewards had been handing out free scarfs..!

Get the reserve and youth team players handing them out.

They know exactly how many scarves will be required in each stand by the number of tickets sold, so that won't be a problem.

Just need to get someone inside the turnstiles handing them out as people come in.

Shouldn't be that difficult....... should it?

They know exactly how many scarves will be required in each stand by the number of tickets sold, so that won't be a problem.

Just need to get someone inside the turnstiles handing them out as people come in.

Shouldn't be that difficult....... should it?

You are aware that we usually have great difficulties in arranging a good drinking session in a place that makes beer don't you?

As William  Shakespeare said  "Clothes maketh the man " ,,, So do we get a choice of sizes - I mean a rotund gentleman say in his 50's is very different  from a skinny teenager .

I presume as we speak fitting rooms are being arranged with full mirrors for our more discerning clientelle; is the current thinking tied stylishly a la Mourinho or  a more traditional Bay City Rollers look.

If you are looking for inspiration from Managers look no further than Mancini, I don't think I've ever seen him without one wrapped around is neck, he probably even sleeps in one.

I wonder if Cotts will be sporting one, along with his lucky underpants!

Archived