IGNORED

David Lloyd Statement

Dave L

Meaning what though?

Dave has been doing a good job of reinforcing their views I would think.

Do I really need to explain?......

If you had a member of your staff constantly knocking on your door with questions, specifically regarding the way you are running your business (or trying to), wouldn't you decide that the particular member of staff stop receiving these questions from the general public and stick to doing what they are paid for? Specifically, being a company frontman and to give 'standard' company responses and ignoring the more 'difficult' and 'awkward' ones?

I'm thinking that Dave has indeed been a good focal point for the fans but unfortunately the behind-closed-doors culture of the club has changed in the very recent past....

Do I really need to explain?......

If you had a member of your staff constantly knocking on your door with questions, specifically regarding the way you are running your business (or trying to), wouldn't you decide that the particular member of staff stop receiving these questions from the general public and stick to doing what they are paid for? Specifically, being a company frontman and to give 'standard' company responses and ignoring the more 'difficult' and 'awkward' ones?

I'm thinking that Dave has indeed been a good focal point for the fans but unfortunately the behind-closed-doors culture of the club has changed in the very recent past....

OK, fair enough.

I would have thought Dave would have known most answers without the need to liaise.

Why no big send off for Dave, like a 'normal' supporter gets if he/she posts something like that on here?

**** me, everyone who is backing Dave on here, and I wouldn't want his job for all the tea in China (and I love tea), are the first with the waving goodbye icons to other people (see Nick J's last post)

A fans liason officer not now posting on an open fans forum....that doesn't sit well with me

Dave - personal abuse is completely unacceptable whatever job you do at any level, but I can't agree that you not using the forum any more is the answer. I really hope this was a personal decision, and not one from the 'suits'

What a couple of weeks for OUR club

Je suis Ultra, je ne suis pas BS

I have in my own warped sense of humour started a topic with my thoughts on the opposite side of the coin, so to speak, and I am certain that my post will be "liked" by some but I will be ridiculed by others, which will eventually slip into abuse, including from a current Bristol Sport employee, if other recent threads are anything to go by.

Who is the current Bristol Sport employee? And what is their username?

The club is getting critisism because there are elements of the support that are dissatisfied with the 'product' we 'purchase'.

But instead of engaging with these 'customers' the club clam up and shut the door too communication & the fans liaison won't liaise.

Not cool at all, treat your 'customers' poorly at your peril.

The club is getting critisism because there are elements of the support that are dissatisfied with the 'product' we 'purchase'.

But instead of engaging with these 'customers' the club clam up and shut the door too communication & the fans liaison won't liaise.

I'm sympathetic.

Even if its justified, the timing just adds a little more fuel.

It won't do much to arrest the decline in trust.

Still peddling the FAN nonsense!

Good to see our fans liaison has just taken himself out of the loop....

Shouldn't be so precious, does Dave think he was above criticism?

In my line of work I take daily abuse face to face etc, I choose my job to do, I have the balls to do it!

Yes another sad day for City, and there have been plenty of those recently...

I think the whole point here is that people are prepared to deal with constructive "FACE TO FACE" criticism and issues, but on here it is often spineless anonymous keyboard warriors who are just out for some sort of agenda.

I don't think anyone can blame DL for effectively saying "if you have any issues that I can help with, then please come and discuss them with me like an adult" rather than have some idiots who doesn't know the background of facts behind things, having a pop at him and the club from behind their keyboard.

The club should be applauded for making themselves to accessible to supporters who want to be constructive rather than just purely destructive, like many on here are, unfortunately.

Why no big send off for Dave, like a 'normal' supporter gets if he/she posts something like that on here?

**** me, everyone who is backing Dave on here, and I wouldn't want his job for all the tea in China (and I love tea), are the first with the waving goodbye icons to other people (see Nick J's last post)

A fans liason officer not now posting on an open fans forum....that doesn't sit well with me

Dave - personal abuse is completely unacceptable whatever job you do at any level, but I can't agree that you not using the forum any more is the answer. I really hope this was a personal decision, and not one from the 'suits'

What a couple of weeks for OUR club

Je suis Ultra, je ne suis pas BS

Totally agree mate, as you said ironic the well wishes for old Dave but the sarcastic comments for other long serving fans who have had enough. BCFC has always had a happy clapping minority though hasn't it..

Some strange goings on at Bristol City at the moment though, im more than concerned at where this club is going under 'Bristol Sport' and the other belters that run the club.

I think the whole point here is that people are prepared to deal with constructive "FACE TO FACE" criticism and issues, but on here it is often spineless anonymous keyboard warriors who are just out for some sort of agenda.

I don't think anyone can blame DL for effectively saying "if you have any issues that I can help with, then please come and discuss them with me like an adult" rather than have some idiots who doesn't know the background of facts behind things, having a pop at him and the club from behind their keyboard.

The club should be applauded for making themselves to accessible to supporters who want to be constructive rather than just purely destructive, like many on here are, unfortunately.

I would have thought that the Q&A was sufficiently policed to warrant its continuation.  He could have just stopped posting elsewhere perhaps?

Not at all. The club are saying there are many ways to discuss issues "face to face" and they don't need to deal with some of the more moronic, agenda wheeling, anonymous trolls who hide behind their keyboards on here.

I would have thought that the Q&A was sufficiently policed to warrant its continuation. He could have just stopped posting elsewhere perhaps?

People can still ask questions and get answers by ringing, emailing or attending the many supporter groups that the club holds.

I've always said that the biggest problem with this forum is the total anonymity of it, that some posters abuse.

Not at all. The club are saying there are many ways to discuss issues "face to face" and they don't need to deal with some of the more moronic, agenda wheeling, anonymous trolls who hide behind their keyboards on here.

I think the opposite, i believe the club wants to keep things in house so their decision making isn't questioned. If you can't 'liaise' with the largest online source I Bristol City supporters then how else are you going to reach people.

Take the anonymity away If that's a concern I don't care of people know who I am and where I live.

There's something not right about this whole Bristol Sport thing for me, strange goings on

I think the opposite, i believe the club wants to keep things in house so their decision making isn't questioned. If you can't 'liaise' with the largest online source I Bristol City supporters then how else are you going to reach people.

Take the anonymity away If that's a concern I don't care of people know who I am and where I live.

There's something not right about this whole Bristol Sport thing for me, strange goings on

Or it's simply a forum member fed up with the tone of posts in the recent days and leaving

What about those who have had issues regarding the club that have been taken to the said people via email, face to face and on telephone yet have been ignored or fobbed off?

I fear that this may be the decsion of someone above Mr Lloyd, as now EVERY remark, question or abuse will now be documented rather than transmitted via an independent forum. Bristol Sport are most definitely in control.

I can't condone the abuse of the man, yet I'm sure Mr Lloyd realised that when he took the job that this would be an obvious peril that comes with the territory, so to speak.

This action now gives the club complete transparency on every issue that Mr Lloyd will liase on and should hopefully stop the abuse.

I can see some very big changes at the club regarding fan behaviour, tolerance and guidelines.

Maybe, but forgive me if I'm a little paranoid at present.

But there isn't much to be paranoid about that's the whole point

The flag thing is stupid, but what else is there?

A new ground? Really stinks of playing in blue and changing our name doesn't it,

Some blue on a banner? Guess what we share a ground with Bristol rugby the bade and kit is blue there is going to be some about

If you think these minor things are bad just think what it would be like with a foreign owner

At least ours is a fan of the club

Some of the conspiracy stuff on here makes Area 51 and Roswell look like a cake walk

A lot of the recent strife between a section of our support and the club could have been avoided if:

a) Someone from the club had denied the bubble machine story straight away rather than let it grow into a feeding frenzy on here.

b) it had been explained (16 months ago, you know straight after the event) that due to events at the derby 'ultra' as a phrase was now not acceptable (nb, I don't support this nonsense).

I would humbly suggest, with no axe to grind against DaveL who has a tough job, that the intervention of, I don't know, lets say a fan liaison officer, would have been helpful?

Good luck DaveL and it's unfortunate if you've had to suffer abuse for doing your job. However, at the end of your post explaining that 'ultra' had become verboten you mentioned you 'look forward to the ensuing debate'- what happened to that then?

Archived