IGNORED

David Lloyd Statement

Dave L

Sorry to hear this Dave.

The irony is that most of the abuse you and the club have received are from the same people/groups of people that bemoan the lack of communication and consultation from the club. Due to their actions, we now have one less avenue.

Keep up the good work

Thanks Dave.

I've always thought you've done the best you can with what you're given.

Its those above you that I have the biggest beef with.

Unfortunately, we're now even further away from creating the dialogue and transparency the fans want imo.

This was always predictable though and, in my view, something that won't bother the management one bit.

Thanks Dave.

I've always thought you've done the best you can with what you're given.

Its those above you that I have the biggest beef with.

Unfortunately, we're now even further away from creating the dialogue and transparency the fans want imo.

This was always predictable though and, in my view, something that won't bother the management one bit.

Personal abuse aimed at Dave has nothing to do with those above him. It's these people that should be hounded out.

Shame it has come to this.Enjoyed the q and a section.I believe you did your best bit obviously there were limits to what you could do.Always caught between a rock and a hard place.Pity it couldn't be made to work.All the best Dave.

The Q&A was also moderated by fans including members of the Supporters Trust.

This given the recent line of questioning, club responses - club actions looks like a case of pushed v jumped.

It actually is a pity as the Q&A could have real benefits, but the Club liaison can only provide explanation authourised by others.

• Admin

Still peddling the FAN nonsense!

Good to see our fans liaison has just taken himself out of the loop....

Shouldn't be so precious, does Dave think he was above criticism?

In my line of work I take daily abuse face to face etc, I choose my job to do, I have the balls to do it!

Yes another sad day for City, and there have been plenty of those recently...

Ironically, I don't believe it is the Q&A section that has led to David leaving. The answers though have spilled over into wider debate where one or two express themselves too forcefully, especially about the person, not the actual content of the issue.

Another strand of communication gone I am afraid. Sorry to see you go David.

Personal abuse aimed at Dave has nothing to do with those above him. It's these people that should be hounded out.

Personal abuse, yes.

Most of what I read, though, was strong criticism.

The club have lost the trust of many, and they should be aiming to get that back.  I just don't think they have the capacity or talent to do it.

They aren't interested in our views.  If they get success on the pitch they know we will become a formulaic Championship or even Prem club and the money will roll in as it does elsewhere.

The latest heated debate has created the ideal opportunity to pull the plug.  They were just waiting for it.

Hi David,

Really sorry to hear you will not be part of the forum anymore, you will be missed by all sane City fans. Have always valued your contribution both before and after you worked for the club.

I have been lucky to meet you a few times over the years and for me you are a big part of what makes this a special club and the club I will follow until I peg out!

Thanks so much for all you have done and continue to do, please do not under estimate how much we value you.

Kind regards

Tim Brady

Still peddling the FAN nonsense!

Good to see our fans liaison has just taken himself out of the loop....

Shouldn't be so precious, does Dave think he was above criticism?

In my line of work I take daily abuse face to face etc, I choose my job to do, I have the balls to do it!

Yes another sad day for City, and there have been plenty of those recently...

I agree with you to a point.....

This isn't a knitting forum and it is pretty well moderated tbh.

I think somebody's been whispering in Daves ear and suggested that he remember who pays his wages! ;)

Thanks for your help on here, Dave. For what it's worth, I (and many others) think you're doing a terrific job and you clearly love the club.

You were always in the firing line on here, and a small minority would assume it's you making the decisions. Some of those decisions have been daft though, so it's no surprise that Bristol Sport has come in for some stick. It's done a lot of good for the club, but that doesn't mean those in charge haven't been making daft decisions at times.

Coming off OTIB is probably for the best. Those in need of help can still contact you at any time and you'll avoid the small amount who hold you accountable to the decisions of others.

Keep up the good work Dave. Top man.

Coming off OTIB is probably for the best. Those in need of help can still contact you at any time and you'll avoid the small amount who hold you accountable to the decisions of others.

I will sound like I'm nit-picking ...

As 'the' representative of the club its perfectly acceptable to hold Dave accountable for the decisions, unless members of the board wish to front up.

If Tesco balls-up I'm perfectly entitled to air my concerns with, say, a store manager, even if it's company policy that has caused my grievance.

Dave,

If your work on here has been that solely of messenger, I genuinely have sympathy for you.

However, I have always had the impression that many - not all - of the views you have expressed have been yours as much as the clubs, a view confirmed by affirmation that you were right behind the "Ultras" decision.

In that respect, it gives the impression of working against the fans rather than with them. Even if you agree with some of the actions which many feel are frankly nonsensical, I really do think you could have helped your case with a more empathetic attitude. Your replies to the Ultras questions were a shambles - in my opinion - and that is not the first time.

I have in my own warped sense of humour started a topic with my thoughts on the opposite side of the coin, so to speak, and I am certain that my post will be "liked" by some but I will be ridiculed by others, which will eventually slip into abuse, including from a current Bristol Sport employee, if other recent threads are anything to go by.

So I have sympathy for your decision - if it was your decision - but this is the nature of the internet, people say things to you me and anyone else in a manner which they would not dream of doing face to face, and I recognize that. I am guilty of it myself sometimes, and it is to the credit of you that you seem to be able to avoid crossing that line, as do many others. I have had raging battles on here with posters who have gone on to become very good friends when we have subsequently met up.

Bristol City supporters have a passion which is not widely recognized outside of this city; posts critical of you are not really aimed at you but frustration at the sanitisation of our club.

Chin up.

Bristol City (or is it Bristol Sport) must be the only organisation worldwide that think a person, who's main role is to liaise with it's customers, would be better off not using the Internet.  :facepalm:

Although reassured to know that I can attend a fans' meeting in Bristol (no where near where I live) or get hold of Dave on matchdays (though obviously not just before the game, at half time, or just after the game) to be liaised at.

Archived