IGNORED

Everything Diafra Sakho/west Ham Related (Merged)

HoldenBall

Is there any way that Diafra Sakho and West Ham could be implicated in the relegation of Bristol Rovers to the Conference?

Yes. A rovers mate told me that the chain of causation has already been explored and they're to release an appeal soon. Apparently said appeal is entitled "life's not fair."

Agreed. As others have mention that's the sort of behaviour I expect from the blue few.

montoring and activily seeking are two different things, if the FA and FIFA punish West Ham then rightly we deserve compensation, if they don't then we just forget the whole thing,

the difference between us and the blue few is simply, the started all legal procidings based on the say so of a dodgy agent,

we are waiting for the offical govening body to make some sort of move before we consider it,

Is there any way that Diafra Sakho and West Ham could be implicated in the relegation of Bristol Rovers to the Conference?

Sakho seen in a City shirt in the away end with Mansfield fans winding up the Gas until they felt it necessary to take their frustration out on a nearby horse that just so happened to be grazing on the ploughed field that they play on.

If they have broken the rules then they have broken the rules, the FA look like they are aware of it and dealing. They (or any other team in the future) cannot be allowed to say whoops, sorry, never mind we are though to the next round.

I don't know if I want the game replayed, but if that is what has happened in the past then that has to be done. At the very least they should not profit from their 'mistake' so they can hand over their share of the gate receipts plus any expenses they might have claimed. Not sure even then if they should be allowed to progress into the competition further, maybe we should play West Brom instead of them.

Looking at this from a Bristol City point of view, I think we all fully accept the result.

However there is a much bigger picture here, the AFCON is being devalued and that is something that Fifa (and particularly Blatter given the number of corrupt votes he will look to receive from African nations in the upcoming election) will look to punish.

I doubt it is against the rules but clearly West Ham have been deceitful and that, in my opinion, is far worse than for example the Eastern European side who accidentally didn't register a player for a match in which he was banned, meaning his ban carried over an extra 2 matches and subsequently were kicked out under extremely exceptional circumstances because he played 7 minutes of their second leg.  

Given he hasn't played in the Premier League they won't be able to punish them there so an extreme punishment in the FA Cup might be what FIFA call for.

That being said, it is no secret that the FA and FIFA are not on good terms and the FA might refuse.  

If West Ham are indeed handed an extreme punishment and kicked out then the options are either to reinstate us or allow West Brom a bye.  If a fine is the answer then if West Ham are said to have benefited to the extent they have to pay then a portion of that could, in theory, go to us.  

offical

West Ham investigated by Fifa

Posted at

10:25

Some news from Fifa about Sakho-gate:

"We can confirm, that disciplinary proceedings were initiated against the player Diafra Sakho (SEN) and the club West Ham United for a potential violation of the FIFA Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players. Please understand that at that stage we can't make any further comments."

Looks like the Hammers could be in a spot of bother for playing Sakho in their FA Cup win over Bristol City. He scored the winner as well.

Looks like the Hammers could be in a spot of bother for playing Sakho in their FA Cup win over Bristol City. He scored the winner as well.

This is the point.

They barely threatened us before Sakho came on, and scoring the winner he obviously made a material difference to the result.

A replay would seem reasonable if there's a proven violation of regulations, not that it's something I'd welcome.

If found guilty then I suspect a replay will be ordered and not cash. Similar to the MKD v Chesterfield tie.

Agreed don't really want a replay and we should distance ourselves from this and just await the decision.

Hammers fans believe there is a problem, with Sakho being left out of WHU squad on Saturday due to a rule where returning players cannot play for their club within 5 days of country being knocked out.

If thats the true reason why he didn't feature at Liverpool then they can hardly argue that he wasn't in the Senegal "squad" in the first place.

I doubt if many of us want a replay, the FA cup is over for us and we have accepted this and have our minds concentrated on bigger things (no not the Paint Pot) but I for one don't want to see any team flout the rules and go unpunished.

If it's a small fine any team will take that at this stage as they can make more money by progressing in the competition. What if they are fined and allowed to stay in and go on to win the cup. It would be a farce.

I used to be the secretary of a Sunday football team.  One season, we accidentally played an ineligible player [he forgot to mention that he was on a contract with his Saturday team and contracted players cannot be registered with more than one team].

We lost 2 points (look it up kids) for every game he'd played in, which was all our games, so we ended up on -2 pts.

I can't see why West Ham should be allowed a replay when they've played an ineligible player.  Why should they get 2 shots at the game?  As others say, it's not like Sakho didn't have an influence.

That having been said, I hope the ineligibility is found to be incorrect.  i.e. I'd rather West Ham proceed if there is no case against them.

I used to be the secretary of a Sunday football team.  One season, we accidentally played an ineligible player [he forgot to mention that he was on a contract with his Saturday team and contracted players cannot be registered with more than one team].

We lost 2 points (look it up kids) for every game he'd played in, which was all our games, so we ended up on -2 pts.

I can't see why West Ham should be allowed a replay when they've played an ineligible player.  Why should they get 2 shots at the game?  As others say, it's not like Sakho didn't have an influence.

That having been said, I hope the ineligibility is found to be incorrect.  i.e. I'd rather West Ham proceed if there is no case against them.

prescedence has been set with the MK Dons and Chesterfield game this season, they fielded an ineledgable player and were forced to reply the tie,

a gentlemens agreement could be reached with west ham if they are found guilty i supose,

Archived