IGNORED

Everything Diafra Sakho/west Ham Related (Merged)

HoldenBall

Just a bit of luck I suppose that right now no leadership within FIFA is likely to be looking to foster favour with areas like Africa..

I do think W Ham are a litle nervous, otherwise why suddenly drop him now? Equally, it all just feels left field and a distraction. Still expect it to blow over.

Going out was the best thing that could have happened to us. We are pretty much going to be playing two games a week as it is. The last thing we needed was a replay and then at least another cup game. Even if Sheff Utd win their replay and we have an open Saturday, it give our team a well earned rest.

Just a bit of luck I suppose that right now no leadership within FIFA is likely to be looking to foster favour with areas like Africa..

I do think W Ham are a litle nervous, otherwise why suddenly drop him now? Equally, it all just feels left field and a distraction. Still expect it to blow over.

They may have dropped him for the Liverpool game because he still can't fly and it's a lot further in a limo than Bristol.

Going out was the best thing that could have happened to us. We are pretty much going to be playing two games a week as it is. The last thing we needed was a replay and then at least another cup game. Even if Sheff Utd win their replay and we have an open Saturday, it give our team a well earned rest.

Spot on bud! Give us some compo and let's concentrate on the most important thing, promotion.

In what way would it be pointless?

If we were in mid table obscurity I guess everyone on here would be begging for a FA Cup reprieve, and calling out West Ham for cheating.

We could have disguised Messi as JET and played him under JET's name*.  If we got discovered by West Ham, would you say all they deserve is compensation?

*Allegedly, some Sunday teams do this all the time (although different personalities).

Exactly this...so many people saying that it's pointless...the club clearly don't think it is so why not have one more game in the competition

So did everyone want us to lose against West Ham then? I want to go through. Fixture pile up my arse, premier league teams travel around Europe for the champions league etc. I love the FA Cup, and want to progress in every competition we're in. Who says we can't get to an FA Cup final?

Here's what the club's position should be:

"We had a great cup tie against West Ham, we acquitted ourselves well and they won 1-0.  We wish them the best of luck in the next round".

End of.

Sakho wasn't ineligible for the competition and any dispute between West Ham and FIFA is just that - nothing to do with us or the FA cup.  We should just show some class and move on.  

We have a promotion battle to fully occupy everyone involved with the club from supporters to the boardroom and distractions are unwelcome.

I wonder if the fa cup draw was man united away whether people would say it was pointless? It does certainly appear that if FIFA find fault here that we will be reinstated. Don't forget as well that our obligations in the Johnstones paint trophy are now over for nearly 2 months, so we will only be paying one more game (assuming west brom beat us), which hopefully won't impact our league campaign too much.

"We had a great cup tie against West Ham, we acquitted ourselves well and they won 1-0.  We wish them the best of luck in the next round".

End of.

Sakho wasn't ineligible for the competition and any dispute between West Ham and FIFA is just that - nothing to do with us or the FA cup.  We should just show some class and move on.  

We have a promotion battle to fully occupy everyone involved with the club from supporters to the boardroom and distractions are unwelcome.

Spot on. Can't believe that a minority fail to see the bigger picture.

We looked donald ducked for half an hour yesterday and Frank earned his stripes because had Fleetwood taken at least one of those chances it would have been a long way back. We have something like seven games in 21 days coming up and the last thing we need is another cup game - our lads need REST in between these games. The ONLY thing that matters now is getting out of League 1 with a nice day out at Wembley to freshen the players minds up in between. 

"We had a great cup tie against West Ham, we acquitted ourselves well and they won 1-0. We wish them the best of luck in the next round".

End of.

Sakho wasn't ineligible for the competition and any dispute between West Ham and FIFA is just that - nothing to do with us or the FA cup. We should just show some class and move on.

I imagine that's how the club feel, but if FIFA are saying they should be kicked out of the FA Cup then more than likely we will be reinstated whether we like it or not.

We will never sort the tickets out in time.

Very True!

I would imagine the FA would have to give us some help with that if it were to be at very short notice. 

I think it's ironic that the first we heard of this was on the West Ham forum and the guy had posted it as a wind up.... if this comes to pass, that could be an epic fail!

I'm pretty sure FIFA will make their decision in the next few days.

It appears quite straight forward - Did Senegal follow the correct call up procedures?

If they did it matters not that the player was injured/recovered from injury/wasunable to fly or anything else.

If they followed the correct procedure he could not play in any match till today.

Allardyce new it and he has admitted leaving Sakho out of the Liverpool game because they were unsure.

If its a guilty verdict, we have no say in the matter, FIFA will request the FA to overturn the result.

We may not want to be re-instated but that will happen if West Ham are found guily.

End of.

me.

Queue NLBR saying " Hang on, if you're not going to take Wham's place, can we........."

Yeah - to be fair to West Ham, half the issue is the madness of having an international football tournament during domestic seasons. As the game gets increasingly globalised, I think at some point FIFA needs to agree a global calendar that makes the African Cup of Nations work. It's not really fair on the players or clubs at the moment. I feel sorry for Sakho for the abuse and criticism he's been getting from some of the Senegalese fans.

Well,WH ( and the other teams who sign African Internationals) know when these tournaments are held when they sign these players.,so it's tough!

End of.

What's your view if Sakho was ineligible for the competition?

Sakho did not travel to Equatorial Guinea for the tournament due to a back injury that, according to West Ham, prevented him from flying. Unless there is prior agreement with the national association, Fifa rules state that players cannot appear for their clubs during the period they should have been released.

The disciplinary measure for any proven violation is stated in paragraph 6.2 in the annexe of the Fifa regulations on the status and transfer of players.

It reads: "If a club refuses to release a player or neglects to do so despite the provisions of this annexe, the Fifa Players' Status Committee shall furthermore request the association to which the club belongs to declare any match(es) in which the player took part to have been lost by the club concerned.

"Any match contested according to the cup system shall be regarded as having been won by the opposing team, irrespective of the score."

(From The Daily Telegraph)

And My view:-

How the FA responds to the FIFA verdict, if it throws WH out remains to be seen; it appears that BCFC are putting out rumours of a financial compensation rather than receiving a bye to the next round. What if the FA accepts the verdict and then insists we carry on in the FA Cup? One would assume we have to get on with it.

As others have mentioned on other threads on subject I believe we should not put out any remarks or press releases and simply keep a dignified silence. West Ham won the game until it is proven they broke a rule. If that rule breaking receives a sanction then they will likely have to take their medicine.

What strikes me is the fact that West Ham have previous; either they are completely brazen or wantonly cavalier about such matters or they are rather naive. I do not believe it can be anything else. I feel sorry for their fans because the club is again being dragged through controversy for something that should and could have been avoided.

According to a West Ham fan, there will be no replay if found guilty:

The official 2014 FIFA document says this:

4 Injured players

A player who due to injury or illness is unable to comply with a call-up from the

association that he is eligible to represent on the basis of his nationality shall, if

the association so requires, agree to undergo a medical examination by a doctor

of that associations choice. If the player so wishes, such medical examination

shall take place on the territory of the association at which he is registered.

5 Restrictions on playing

A player who has been called up by his association for one of its representative

teams is, unless otherwise agreed by the relevant association, not entitled to

play for the club with which he is registered during the period for which he has

been released or should have been released pursuant to the provisions of this

annexe. This restriction on playing for the club shall, moreover, be prolonged by

fi ve days in the event that the player, for whatsoever reason, did not wish to or

was unable to comply with the call-up.

6 Disciplinary measures

Violations of any of the provisions set forth in this annexe shall result in the

imposition of disciplinary measures.

If a club refuses to release a player or neglects to do so despite the provisions

of this annexe, the FIFA Players Status Committee shall furthermore request

the association to which the club belongs to declare any match(es) in which

the player took part to have been lost by the club concerned. Any points

thus gained by the club in question shall be forfeited. Any match contested

according to the cup system shall be regarded as having been won by the

opposing team, irrespective of the score.

But. Was he actually 'called-up'

My understanding is that he was 'called-up' to the provisional squad, but omitted from the final squad due to his back injury (expected to last at least 5 weeks), which injury prevented him from flying.

In any event, I believe strongly that City should do no more than 'monitor' the situation - as I have posted previously, any hint that we should seek (as opposed to receive, should it be 'imposed' on us) benefit would be shameful.

P.S. And, by the way, who is the current manager of West Brom?

Archived