IGNORED

Everything Diafra Sakho/west Ham Related (Merged)

HoldenBall

Without reading through every post to check if this has been mentioned, my wife asked what the outcome would be if WHU had scored a late winner at MUFC. Different outcome, I'm sure. 

Good point there would be an immediate bye to the final for Manchester Utd  would not be put back on the shelf to be buried cos its only little old Bristol City , FIFA are corrupt so they will line their own pockets with petty cash West Ham Utd still make a profit  get another payday chance of a Cup Final win . The entire system stinks .

Matt Smith misse's out on a Wembley Final due to League rules even if City had signed him full time ,what would happen if City said stick your rules he's our player and he plays ??

I've changed my mind after sifting through the Rules of Association 2014/15 of the FA

Under Rule (F) - page120 - POWERS OF INQUIRY OF THE ASSOCIATION

1 The Association shall have the power to monitor the compliance by each Participant with

the Rules, the Laws of the Game, the statutes and regulations of FIFA and UEFA and the rules

and regulations of each Affiliated Association and Competition to which a Participant is

subject and/or inquire into any incident, facts or matters which may constitute misconduct

under these Rules. It is for The Association to determine in its absolute discretion the

manner in which it conducts an inquiry.

2 In carrying out its functions under Rule F1, The Association shall have the power to require

of any Participant upon reasonable notice:

(a) his or her attendance to answer questions and provide information at a time and

place determined by The Association; and

(b) the provision to The Association of documents, information or any other material

of any nature held by the Participant; and

© the procurement and provision to The Association of documents, information

or any other material of any nature not held by the Participant but which the

Participant has the power to obtain.

It is for The Association to determine the nature and extent of any material

required for disclosure in accordance with (b) or ©.

Where a Participant is interviewed by The Association pursuant to sub-paragraph (a)

above, such interview may be recorded by any method determined by The Association in

its absolute discretion to be appropriate, including tape-recording.

A copy of any such recording shall be provided to the Participant as soon as practicable

after the interview.

3 Any failure by a Participant to comply with any requirement under Rule F2 may constitute

Misconduct under the Rules and The Association may bring a charge or such charges as it

sees fit.

Also

INTEGRITY MATTERS IN RELATION TO MATCHES AND COMPETITIONS

5 (a) A Participant shall not, directly or indirectly, seek to influence for an improper

purpose the result, progress, conduct or any other aspect of, or occurrence in, a

football match or competition.

I'm sure Steve's lawyers are onto it and we will see a victory over that evil lot from Upton Park!

I hope he uses different lawyers than  acted on Ashton Vale!

They could have requested they sling West Ham out, but chose not to; I think that might be a face saving measure in case the FA decide to take a different road.

My personal position is that this devalues the cup; it says that clubs can break the rules, drop a little coin (despite still profiting, of course) and then progress. 

Imagine if West Ham went on to win it; what would that say about the integrity of the competition?

After such an exciting round (one of the most shocking for decades), following it with this stinks.

Something you don't often see Samo - the word integrity used in connection with football and it's governing bodies.

Thing is that he was in the provisional squad of 28, then got called up to the final squad of 23 on January 5th (http://www.fifa.com/world-match-centre/news/newsid/250/000/6/) at which point he pulled out due to injury and was replaced.

Therefore he was called up for Senegal and not allowed to play.

After that WH claim that as he wasn't in the final final squad then that didn't count (http://www.espnfc.com/african-nations-cup/story/2234996/west-ham-insist-diafra-sakho-is-injuredhit-back-at-senegal-claims) and that should he be fit again they would take advice on whether he could play. Presumably they didn't think to take advice from FIFA.

But on a similar basis, Chesterfield had verbal agreement that their player could play against MKD, but that wasn't enough so they were ordered to replay the tie.

WHam assumed they could play Sakho, once Senegal announced their final squad, but it's their fault if they didn't get the point clarified for the avoidance of doubt. Ignorance of the law is never proof of innocence.

As I've said previously, FIFA have fudged the issue by issuing the fine as they have passed the buck to the FA for any meaningful sanction is to be made. The odds on the FA having the balls to do anything - about the same as Cambridge beating Man U last night I guess.

Something you don't often see Samo - the word integrity used in connection with football and it's governing bodies.

I know, right?

Just seems such a shame having an exciting weekend of shocks, and a good performance by us overshadowed by this mess.

Guest Redarmy987

We should defo seek compo. We should seek for the money we would of got from a reply (had game stayed 0-0) also had we won the replay (prize money and money from 5th round tie)

Hold your horses people (note to NLBR, that's a metaphor)...

suspect that FIFA have no jurisdiction to oust a team from a member's (i.e. the FA) Cup competition.

However, I suspect the FA will either be expected to now expel West Ham, or BCFC will have every right to raise a complaint that West Ham should be replaced.

Whether we bother is another question!?

This still has legs.

As far as I can work it out from the FIFA rule, FIFA can only REQUEST (not instruct) the FA to take action and for WHU to forfeit the match.

So, we then have to look at precedence here and what FA has done in similar circumstances. There may be no direct precedence.

No doubt the FA will be very mindful of this and legal repercussions. That said, FIFA has found WHU in breach of their rule and there is very clear guidance from FIFA on what the outcome should be.

Justice should be seen to be done!! We set out to win this game (ask Cotts) and we didn't as a direct result of a rule breach. A replay is a minimum punishment for WHU. We should still be in the FA Cup. Whether or not it's a game too far has nothing to do with this.

Just had a good read of KUMB, and have to say I agree with much of what they say, in so much that this is a completly half arsed decision by FIFA.

Either, say a rule was broken, and you are out, or it was not.

In trying to keep everybody happy, actually they have done no favours to anyone. West Ham perception wise look awful now whatever.

Why is it that when a Premier League player as much as f*rts, Sky have an outside broadcast, a studio full of experts, into the night discussion

and close up action replay.

When a PL team gets away with the biggest crime since the Great Train Robbery, the story gets consigned to a footnote.

No doubt nobody wants to come on and ridicule the lucky Hammers!

Wasnt really too worried about the outcome of this just hoping we got some compo....having seen how cocky hammers fans have reacted on my facebook feed and heard them on talksport i hope we fight this now!!

Quite agree. I feel like the person who in a law case after hearing his brief said 'It was only after hearing him I realised how wronged against I had been'.

Just when I thought FIFA were gonna hand down a ruling to the letter of their own law they go and spring a surprise by simply making up a ruling as they go along which is one that we really should NOT, in fact, be at all surprised with!

Has to be said though, it does verge on the obsene; 70 odd K ? i mean what the hec hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.. dear oh dear. That'll open the flood gates then.

• Admin

The best thing to come out of this for PL clubs is the knowledge that in future years they don't have to release players for the Afcon, they can just claim they are injured, rest them for a bit then pay a token fine to enable them to play. Result.

The best thing to come out of this for PL clubs is the knowledge that in future years they don't have to release players for the Afcon, they can just claim they are injured, rest them for a bit then pay a token fine to enable them to play. Result.

And if Swindon had really stuttered they would have been gutted they sent their's to the Asian Cup instead of paying a few quid

I am guilty of not reading through this entire thread so apologies if this has been covered, but...

Surely it is optional whether you represent your country or not. Players make themselves available and unavailable all the time. Just look at Ben Foster for England who made himself 'unavailable' for a while (family reasons I think) but recently made himself 'available' for selection again.

Therefore, how is it an offence that he withdrew from the squad and then played for WH? I know it's not very honest if he was 'injured' but how is that illegal? What's the difference between him making himself unavailable for selection and Ben Foster making himself unavailable for selection (other than honesty)?

Would be good if anyone can educate me...

I am guilty of not reading through this entire thread so apologies if this has been covered, but...

Surely it is optional whether you represent your country or not. Players make themselves available and unavailable all the time. Just look at Ben Foster for England who made himself 'unavailable' for a while (family reasons I think) but recently made himself 'available' for selection again.

Therefore, how is it an offence that he withdrew from the squad and then played for WH? I know it's not very honest if he was 'injured' but how is that illegal? What's the difference between him making himself unavailable for selection and Ben Foster making himself unavailable for selection (other than honesty)?

Would be good if anyone can educate me...

I am not sure, but technically I do not think you can make yourself unavailable for selection. In the case above, its more a player makes it known they do not want to be selected, and you would expect that to be respected.

FIFA I guess worry about the respective power of big club sides v small countries, and to protect their tourneys, and players from undue influence, have rules like this.

In the event that we do have to replay this game I hope we stick out a reserve side to be honest. I'd rather we didn't pick up injuries, tiredness, fixture congestion and show a lack of sharpness similar to that post West Ham all because of a competition that is meaningless to us in the bigger picture. We aren't going to win the FA Cup, we already have a Wembley Final to play and we need to keep our eyes on the real prize.

Has Senegal made any comment at all?

Or indeed West Brom, ?

No doubt so far they're delighted to be facing the Hammers still, and hoping the FA doesn't decide that the mighty Reds of Bristol City will be heading to the Hawthorns instead - that'd be a much scarier proposition to face.. Today's decision a bit of a result for WBA. :)

I am not sure, but technically I do not think you can make yourself unavailable for selection. In the case above, its more a player makes it known they do not want to be selected, and you would expect that to be respected.

FIFA I guess worry about the respective power of big club sides v small countries, and to protect their tourneys, and players from undue influence, have rules like this.

I totally get FIFAs desire to protect smaller nations against big club sides but I don't agree that a player 'has' to play for his nation just because they're a professional footballer. You'd like to think that every player would be incredibly passionate about representing their country but they should be able to exclude themselves.

I personally don't classify this as fielding an illegible player and think we should all move on.

Surprised you lot haven't called the police yet. That's your usual course of action after the 'injustice' of a one-nil defeat. Move on, get over it etc etc.

Concentrate on the league

Is that a considered response, or just baiting? Swindon have lost two key players to the Asian Cup, and have had to live with it, pretty well as it happens.

I think most City fans have only had a view since W Ham were effectively found guilty.

It's all so unsatisfactory.

We don't want a replay.

Most of us don't want a bye.

We (SL) don't need the money.

Income that counts for FFP would be nice though!

But justice has clearly not been done.

If this had happened to another league club, I'd want them to seek some sort of justice.

Unless it happened to a certain non-league club, then I'd just laugh. :laughcont:

Surprised you lot haven't called the police yet. That's your usual course of action after the 'injustice' of a one-nil defeat. Move on, get over it etc etc.

The sort of response I would expect from a fan of another club that doesn't abide to rules

Realise you have every interest in seeing cheats prosper.

And concentrate hard enough on the league and you'll notice we're above you.

Back to the midlands with you now; there's a good boy.

Will do, taking 5k to MK on the weekend.. nearly more than your home crowds.. tell me, how many did you take to Mk.. 500??

I haven't read anything official from the FA that the ruling is nothing to do with them or that WHU are in the clear.

I think we should wait for a response from them to whatever action CIty have taken.

West Ham have been strangely quiet aswell!

Agree, time to move on.

One of those occasions where technicalities win, there is a sour taste in the mouth and you know 'life's not fair'. If you believe in it, then hope karma will eventually balance everything out. Otherwise just take me word for it, WH just aren't worth getting angry over.

We have bigger things to fry, starting with MKD this weekend.

Oh the irony red raw! Have you any idea of my qualifications? No thought not! Anyway I'll be off now before my personal moderator orders me to stop posting! Enjoy your pointless chats with your fellow members of the happy clapping,bullying tight as club that is otib! Oh and persist in the delusional believe that anybody in authority gives a 4x what anybody on this forum says! In the meantime I'm going to talk to a imaginary hedgehog who amazingly can speak English! Good luck flower!

Oh the irony red raw! Have you any idea of my qualifications? No thought not! Anyway I'll be off now before my personal moderator orders me to stop posting! Enjoy your pointless chats with your fellow members of the happy clapping,bullying tight as club that is otib! Oh and persist in the delusional believe that anybody in authority gives a 4x what anybody on this forum says! In the meantime I'm going to talk to a imaginary hedgehog who amazingly can speak English! Good luck flower!

Someone forgot their medication..

Whatever qualifications you may have, English grammar isn't likely to be one of them!

Shut the door on your way out blossom

Suprised that people have been stupid enough to respond to a Swindon fan who is blatantly on a wind up! Oth most of the posters on this forum aren't particularly intelligent!

I think the West Ham scenario hit a nerve with our cheating bastard Swindle friend, and that's what prompted them to post.

Think we'd all like to move on but that doesn't mean to say we haven't been cheated.

I fully expect SL to press for compensation which is more than can be expected from that classless act up the M4.

Actually wtfigo your reply was totally sensible so apologies to you! I shouldn't have been drawn into a argument with the muppets that constitute most of this forum, but i stand by my opinion that it was stupid to take the bite of a Swindon fan who was blatantly fishing! Our time to speak to Swindon fans will come in early April!

Actually wtfigo your reply was totally sensible so apologies to you! I shouldn't have been drawn into a argument with the muppets that constitute most of this forum, but i stand by my opinion that it was stupid to take the bite of a Swindon fan who was blatantly fishing! Our time to speak to Swindon fans will come in early April!

When they shall be DESTROYED.

Boooooooo!

Who deleted my post?! Have a sense of humour mods for Christ sake

I deleted it.  We have a sense of humour believe me.  It was what you had written without starring out the words.  If you think about it, it was hardly appropriate, trying to wind swindle up or not.

Oh the bullys on this forum! Btw my name is tim bird! What's your names? :laugh: no, thought not!

So some people note that the poster who accused other forum members of being unintelligent, has created a post that appears to display a lack of intelligence and this has been construed as bullying by the original poster. Is there a emoticon that denotes irony?

Why don't you just shut up and do one back too your little hole in Stroud........ no one cares and your as bad as robbored............. 

Can I be the first to say (probably said already though) that if this had been a championship or league one club they' be drinking a cup of tea today in the boardroom cursing their silly decision as they are now out of the cup.

Archived