IGNORED

Everything Diafra Sakho/west Ham Related (Merged)

HoldenBall

FIFA will request the FA to do that, but will they.?

Most Hammers fans are convinced they have cocked up and blame Karen Brady who is their Admin supremo!

I don't know but don't the FA have to abide by FIFA rulings?

I'm not bothered about it all to be perfectly honest, as it was a cracking game anyway,

still will be intresting to see the outcome

I don't know but don't the FA have to abide by FIFA rulings?

I'm not bothered about it all to be perfectly honest, as it was a cracking game anyway,

still will be intresting to see the outcome

Agree with you.

The wording is " request the association" which appears to mean the FIFA ruling is not binding on the FA.

Agree with you.

The wording is " request the association" which appears to mean the FIFA ruling is not binding on the FA.

I'm sure some sort of gentlemens agreement could be had (as long as its ok with the FA)

where we could take West Ham's prize money and share of the gate for the 5th round tie, but let them progress and play it,

and say no more about it,

But thats for the club the FA and West Ham to decide,

Yeah, I wouldn't say they cheated either. It's just a strange rule that needs proper clarification really.

Yeah - to be fair to West Ham, half the issue is the madness of having an international football tournament during domestic seasons.  As the game gets increasingly globalised, I think at some point FIFA needs to agree a global calendar that makes the African Cup of Nations work.  It's not really fair on the players or clubs at the moment.  I feel sorry for Sakho for the abuse and criticism he's been getting from some of the Senegalese fans. 

I don't think we have any kind of say in the outcome or any remedy for this.

FIFA will make its decision based on evidence of the call-up process and if found guilty they will advise and request the FA.

FA will decide the punishment and we will be informed.

In the event of this I don't think we can just agree compensation, after all WBA MIGHT WANT TO PLAY US INSTEAD!

I'm sure some sort of gentlemens agreement could be had (as long as its ok with the FA)

where we could take West Ham's prize money and share of the gate for the 5th round tie, but let them progress and play it,

Just can't shake on it as it would set a precedent, rules is rules. 

Not just two clubs though is there? West Brom would have a view on this too... What would we be saying prior to our 4th rd game if a similar situation had occured in the WH/Everton game?

We haven't issued a formal complaint about this have we? Or are we just monitoring an ongoing investigation?

Or maybe we're doing neither? The club have said nothing and I never trust journalists who quote 'sources', they just assume we would be, though I guess reading the news could be classed as monitoring the situation...

As somebody else said, there is no story here at the moment, unless you're West Ham. Also, good luck proving he was fit to travel.

I used to be the secretary of a Sunday football team.  One season, we accidentally played an ineligible player [he forgot to mention that he was on a contract with his Saturday team and contracted players cannot be registered with more than one team].

We lost 2 points (look it up kids) for every game he'd played in, which was all our games, so we ended up on -2 pts.

I can't see why West Ham should be allowed a replay when they've played an ineligible player.  Why should they get 2 shots at the game?  As others say, it's not like Sakho didn't have an influence.

That having been said, I hope the ineligibility is found to be incorrect.  i.e. I'd rather West Ham proceed if there is no case against them.

Them be divvrunt ruelz up in thic vorest moind.

I don't think we have any kind of say in the outcome or any remedy for this.

FIFA will make its decision based on evidence of the call-up process and if found guilty they will advise and request the FA.

FA will decide the punishment and we will be informed.

In the event of this I don't think we can just agree compensation, after all WBA MIGHT WANT TO PLAY US INSTEAD!

This really. Bear in mind this is not an internal FA matter, which these things usually are. It's a FIFA matter. They are investigating it. Just think who is lines up here - Senegal, FIFA, West Ham, The FA, PFA. We will be a long long way down the pecking order of things for them to worry about. Big boys politics will also be floating around. Even IF WH are found guilty, there could be appeals etc. West Ham could have won the bloody thing by the time this is resolved.

Our comment also says a lot about where we are, reading between the lines. It does not say we woz robbed, we demand a replay etc etc. Just, hey, if there is anything in this, can we have the money instead please? That could read to say we are just getting a marker in the ground to say we are really not interested in getting back in the cup.

Gut feel, WH are feeling a little unsure, which is why they are now resting their player. Best to forget all about if in my view, until and unless something actually happens. Don't think it will, but deal with if if it does.

Just to add, reading back at the rules posted, rule 5, it is important to remember he never was actually called up - because he was injured. It is cases like this that make lawyers rich.

This really. Bear in mind this is not an internal FA matter, which these things usually are. It's a FIFA matter. They are investigating it. Just think who is lines up here - Senegal, FIFA, West Ham, The FA, PFA. We will be a long long way down the pecking order of things for them to worry about. Big boys politics will also be floating around. Even IF WH are found guilty, there could be appeals etc. West Ham could have won the bloody thing by the time this is resolved.

Our comment also says a lot about where we are, reading between the lines. It does not say we woz robbed, we demand a replay etc etc. Just, hey, if there is anything in this, can we have the money instead please? That could read to say we are just getting a marker in the ground to say we are really not interested in getting back in the cup.

Gut feel, WH are feeling a little unsure, which is why they are now resting their player. Best to forget all about if in my view, until and unless something actually happens. Don't think it will, but deal with if if it does.

It will be fast tracked like the mk Dons Chesterfield thing

Hope we aren't reinstated - pointless. Compensation is fine

In what way would it be pointless?

If we were in mid table obscurity I guess everyone on here would be begging for a FA Cup reprieve, and calling out West Ham for cheating.

We could have disguised Messi as JET and played him under JET's name*.  If we got discovered by West Ham, would you say all they deserve is compensation?

*Allegedly, some Sunday teams do this all the time (although different personalities). 

Archived