IGNORED

Everything Diafra Sakho/west Ham Related (Merged)

HoldenBall

Given that our club haven't made the complaint to FIFA, I don't suppose we'll have any say in what the punishment might be. All we can do is wait and see what they say and respond accordingly. I really hope we get compo rather than a replay or go into the 5th round, but given the importance of African votes to Blatter in a FIFA election year, I would probably guess they'll be asking for the FA to kick them out of the competition

According to someone on West Ham forum this is the FIFA rule in question:

The FIFA Players' Status Committee shall...declare any match(es) in which the player took part to have been lost by the club concerned.

"Any points thus gained by the club in question shall be forfeited. Any match contested according to the cup system shall be regarded as having been won by the opposing team, irrespective of the score.

They are getting very worried over there.

It's not like a league game where they can just deduct points, this needs to be sorted as the next round needs to be played. If West Ham have no case to answer they go through. If found guilty they go through with a fine, wrong for future clubs who would just take the hit. We go through, or West Brom go through. Or there is a replay.

Wasnt it Chesterfield who had to replay an earlier round as they (or the other team I can't remember) did similar. If that is the precedent here then if guilty it has to be a replay? You can't have on rule for one and not another?

Another thing, whose responsibility is it to make sure teams are fielding eligible players, the club secretary, the referee? I know he gets the team sheet an hour before, does he just trust the clubs know who is suspended, loan agreements, international duty and the rules are stuck to? Who let this player play?

Its all down to if Sakho was being called up into the final 23 squad.

Leicester had the same problem with Ghana but they say the player was not in the final 23 and Ghana didn't put in a complaint to FIFA.

FIFA will probably be hard on this , if proved, to discourage others.

If.. City are reinstated, and personally I hope they aren't (just the money please)

What's the chance that some Hammers fans will still turn up, given that they've already bought their train and coach tickets?

One would hope that as it's the clubs fault, then the club would have to have to refund any out of pocket travel expenses and demand and that all travel tickets are returned to them prior to the 14th.

If WHU appeal then it will delay any fans compensation payout, tempers will start to rise as WH complain about their treatment in so doing stoking the fires.

Could get messy if badly handled.

It's not like a league game where they can just deduct points, this needs to be sorted as the next round needs to be played. If West Ham have no case to answer they go through. If found guilty they go through with a fine, wrong for future clubs who would just take the hit. We go through, or West Brom go through. Or there is a replay.

Wasnt it Chesterfield who had to replay an earlier round as they (or the other team I can't remember) did similar. If that is the precedent here then if guilty it has to be a replay? You can't have on rule for one and not another?

Another thing, whose responsibility is it to make sure teams are fielding eligible players, the club secretary, the referee? I know he gets the team sheet an hour before, does he just trust the clubs know who is suspended, loan agreements, international duty and the rules are stuck to? Who let this player play?

Its the responsibility of the club, not referee.

And there is a difference between the Chesterfield player (who was on loan) and this situation. For a start, in the case of Chesterfield the problem was consent had been given verbally by the parent club, not in writing. A further difference is it didn't involve FIFA!

I don't want to be reinstated. I think that should West Ham win the competition then they should then have to replay us, winner takes all.

On a more serious note, I don't think anything should be done that effects us- to me this is between West Ham, Senegal, FIFA and the FA. However if any compo gets offered our way take the money and run!!! 

Am I the only one who doesn't get this " fixture congestion"?

We have one league game more than Swindon and MK to play,and one cup final.

Ok,the Sheffield Utd game will probably get rearranged,but I think people are exaggerating when it comes to congestion.

Re WH,the FA can't let them off,it would set a precedent,all the Prem teams would do it then in the future,then International football would become a joke with teams just pulling players out of squads.

I don't want to be reinstated. I think that should West Ham win the competition then they should then have to replay us, winner takes all.

On a more serious note, I don't think anything should be done that effects us- to me this is between West Ham, Senegal, FIFA and the FA. However if any compo gets offered our way take the money and run!!! 

thing is manc,

if FIFA find West Ham Guilty and the FA back FIFA City are reinstated to the FA cup no ifs or buts,

One things for sure our club is taking the correct stance, quietly waiting to see what happens instead of shouting from the tree tops about great injustices,

Thats the only pleasing thing about it all

WH are making themselves look stupid. They've said Sakho has a bad back - a bad back that does not allow him to fly but some how does allow him to play football. A bad back that does not allow him to sit in a plane seat for 30 minutes (once a plane takes off, you can move about) but allows him to sit in a car seat (a sometimes uncomfortable experience) for 2 hours and play a football match. They've been found out and the more they talk, the bigger they dig that hole.

Just goes to show that some clubs extract the urine and complain bitterly when they get found out.

The worst possible outcome for City? A replay.

thing is manc,

if FIFA find West Ham Guilty and the FA back FIFA City are reinstated to the FA cup no ifs or buts,

One things for sure our club is taking the correct stance, quietly waiting to see what happens instead of shouting from the tree tops about great injustices,

Thats the only pleasing thing about it all

Completely agree. Think the club looks good at the moment as we aren't bleating to the press.

I realise that what you say is the case I just don't want it to be! Whilst I always want City to win I couldn't help but feel that losing narrowly having played well against a top 10 prem team was the best result for us in the long run. Best case scenario here in my eyes is a bit of compensation to help with the FFP.

Out of interest does anyone know if City could refuse to be reinstated? (Not that we would).

Am I the only one who doesn't get this " fixture congestion"?

We have one league game more than Swindon and MK to play,and one cup final.

Ok,the Sheffield Utd game will probably get rearranged,but I think people are exaggerating when it comes to congestion.

Re WH,the FA can't let them off,it would set a precedent,all the Prem teams would do it then in the future,then International football would become a joke with teams just pulling players out of squads.

Agree. Plus we seem to have just come out of a "congested" January pretty well.

Didn't Denmark fail to qualify for the Euros and get reinstated, the year that they win it..?

Just saying..!

They only played at Euro 92 because Yugoslavia was going royally tits-up and were suspended from competition by FIFA/UEFA/Common Sense. They weren't reinstated, they were just the next best loser. Slightly different (only slightly mind) to the situation we/West Ham find ourselves in

I think this story is a bit of a non starter. Just an opinion but as I understand it, Senegal didn't include Sakho in their squad and didn't get his injury independently verified. Senegal believed the player and West Ham and no doubt feel (rightly)aggrieved when he came on against us but as he wasn't picked in the squad I don't think the FIFA rules apply.

Didn't Denmark fail to qualify for the Euros and get reinstated, the year that they win it..?

Just saying..!

I think that was more to do with Yugoslavia (as was) descending into civil war & eventually not existing, than anything so trivial as what we're looking at here!

I think this story is a bit of a non starter. Just an opinion but as I understand it, Senegal didn't include Sakho in their squad and didn't get his injury independently verified. Senegal believed the player and West Ham and no doubt feel (rightly)aggrieved when he came on against us but as he wasn't picked in the squad I don't think the FIFA rules apply.

I think senegal wanted to call him up but he got injured around the time the final squads were to be decided,

The fact Senegal have complained to FIFA is the mitigating factor here, any comparisons to Schulp that the hammers are making is a nul point as he wouldn;t of made the main squad and ghana haven't complained, where as shako would of made the main squad,

Its going to go down to what the FA do imo as Blatter won't want to upset african fa's as that will win him the next vote for the fifa presidency,

its going to be an intrest few days thats for sure

Its the responsibility of the club, not referee.

And there is a difference between the Chesterfield player (who was on loan) and this situation. For a start, in the case of Chesterfield the problem was consent had been given verbally by the parent club, not in writing. A further difference is it didn't involve FIFA!

Thanks for that. I did think it was the responsibility of the club secretary, but wondered if the Ref had to do his homework and be aware of any possible infringements.

Like I said I knew of a replay involving Chesterfield but couldn't remember the details.

Ah so it rumbles on then...

Do clubs play the system? Although not football, you only need to look as far as the Bloodgate scandal in Rugby Union.

The whole 'we had to transport him by limousine' argument looks like it's contrived. I suspect that Senegal are starting to believe they were sold BS by WH about an injury about not being able to play in the AFCON. What would you think?

I just want it sorted.

Do clubs play the system? Although not football, you only need to look as far as the Bloodgate scandal in Rugby Union.

The whole 'we had to transport him by limousine' argument looks like it's contrived. I suspect that Senegal are starting to believe they were sold BS by WH about an injury about not being able to play in the AFCON. What would you think?

I just want it sorted.

West Ham sold Bristol Sport to Senegal?!?

They only played at Euro 92 because Yugoslavia was going royally tits-up and were suspended from competition by FIFA/UEFA/Common Sense. They weren't reinstated, they were just the next best loser. Slightly different (only slightly mind) to the situation we/West Ham find ourselves in

Of course. My point was that it's not unheard of for an underdog who were not in a competition to find themselves in it and ultimately end up winning it against all the odds.

Archived