IGNORED

Everything Diafra Sakho/west Ham Related (Merged)

HoldenBall

Isn't the issue something to do with air pressure in a plane? That is, he's fit to play or travel, but can't fly to a match. If that's correct, they probably have a case to that extent.

i may be getting this wrong but surely he would be under less pressure while flying due to thinner atmosphere higher up etc. (not sure how they balance it within the cabin, if at all)

Received this message from a West Ham supporting mate this morning: "You Wurzels should be chewing on straws, not clutching at them."

Made I laugh.

Take him out for a few beers tonight and after 4 pints each, refuse to buy him one.

When he asks why - tell him its the 5th round and he's not in it!

i may be getting this wrong but surely he would be under less pressure while flying due to thinner atmosphere higher up etc. (not sure how they balance it within the cabin, if at all)

Thinner air means less oxygen per cubic foot I believe, so in an aircraft thinner air wouldn't even come into it as the cabin would be pressurised.

Thinner air means less oxygen per cubic foot I believe, so in an aircraft thinner air wouldn't even come into it as the cabin would be pressurised.

cheers, I knew cabins were pressurise but couldn't see what the difference would be as surely they would pressurise it to the point of it being equivalent to being at ground level? Hence going with the thinner air idea

All I know is that people recovering from operations are not permitted to travel on planes.  Something to do with the pressure in the cabin, blood-flow and the potential of blood-clotting.

As far as I'm aware, he's had no operation. This is all down to 'scans' performed by WH impartial :whistle:  medics.

Take him out for a few beers tonight and after 4 pints each, refuse to buy him one.

When he asks why - tell him its the 5th round and he's not in it!

Wish i'd thought of that, Devon. I opted for the considerably less witty, but somewhat pithier, "Eff off you Cockney Wanga."

The latest storm is that Andy Carroll shouldn't have been playing because he was called up to represent England in the national male shampoo models convention.

Without wishing to split hairs, under certain Conditioners playing in these circumstances is perfectly Permissible and regarded as a fringe benefit which rarely ruffles feathers.

The game is still on iPlayer.

After scoring the goal, I would have thought with all the players giving him a group hug on scoring and the stretch for the header, he would have at least winced with a bad back.

When ever I've had a bad back in the past, I've winced on stretching and I certainly didn't want anyone jumping all over me.

Maybe football players 'bad backs' are special?

beeb saying that West Ham are likely to find out before the weekend

As I said before, its a quite straight forward decision.

If he was correctly called up and refused to play, for whatever reason, he could not play during Senegal's time in the cup plus 5 days.

Nothing to do with doctors, planes , limos or bad back.

If we are not in the 5th round Senegal have cocked up the call up process,( however FIFA's own website support them) or the FA have bottled it!.

I think this story is a bit of a non starter. Just an opinion but as I understand it, Senegal didn't include Sakho in their squad and didn't get his injury independently verified. Senegal believed the player and West Ham and no doubt feel (rightly)aggrieved when he came on against us but as he wasn't picked in the squad I don't think the FIFA rules apply.

Must confess that is how I read it. They feel somewhat mugged, but not sure they are going to have a legal recourse on this one.

Anyhow, if we did get given a bye, surely the whole draw is wrong? We would have had a different number than West Ham? One to sixteen should be reallocated to the teams they would have attached to, had we, not West Ham been in the draw. Simples.

Must confess that is how I read it. They feel somewhat mugged, but not sure they are going to have a legal recourse on this one.

Anyhow, if we did get given a bye, surely the whole draw is wrong? We would have had a different number than West Ham? One to sixteen should be reallocated to the teams they would have attached to, had we, not West Ham been in the draw. Simples.

No. The numbers are allocated to the ties and they carry on through regardless of who wins them.

by issi on Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:43 pm

poshhammer wrote:

I think we have complicated things for ourselves by not playing Sakho at Liverpool. In effect, it now means that we can't pick him until FIFA make their decision - how long will that be? If the club's stance is that we have not broken any rules then we should stick by that and pick Sakho. By leaving him out on Saturday it looks as though someone in the club has decided that we have messed up and didn't want to risk losing points as well as getting kicked out of the cup.

If FIFA take a month to decide what are we going to do? I am convinced that the rules quoted earlier on this thread put us in the clear but leaving Sakho out against Liverpool was a bad idea and we have created a problem for ourselves. Sam has often wondered "What is the West Ham way?" Well, now he's found out!

by issi on Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:43 pm

poshhammer wrote:

I think we have complicated things for ourselves by not playing Sakho at Liverpool. In effect, it now means that we can't pick him until FIFA make their decision - how long will that be? If the club's stance is that we have not broken any rules then we should stick by that and pick Sakho. By leaving him out on Saturday it looks as though someone in the club has decided that we have messed up and didn't want to risk losing points as well as getting kicked out of the cup.

If FIFA take a month to decide what are we going to do? I am convinced that the rules quoted earlier on this thread put us in the clear but leaving Sakho out against Liverpool was a bad idea and we have created a problem for ourselves. Sam has often wondered "What is the West Ham way?" Well, now he's found out!

My view is that West Ham can play Sakho in any match from today as the period in question ended yesterday.

He is a "free man" until FIFA decide to punish him (or not) when they complete their investigations.

If WHU were so sure of their position they should have played him at Liverpool. They didn't because Sam was warned, and any points gained would well be deducted.

I don't think the FIFA decision can be appealed (apart from through the courts). Their process would have by now requested any written evidence by all parties and be on course for a secret five man decision!

My view is that West Ham can play Sakho in any match from today as the period in question ended yesterday.

He is a "free man" until FIFA decide to punish him (or not) when they complete their investigations.

If WHU were so sure of their position they should have played him at Liverpool. They didn't because Sam was warned, and any points gained would well be deducted.

I don't think the FIFA decision can be appealed (apart from through the courts). Their process would have by now requested any written evidence by all parties and be on course for a secret five man decision!

Sales of "envelopes" will increase dramatically with this "investigation" .

Expect a whitewash . :protest:

Archived