IGNORED

Everything Diafra Sakho/west Ham Related (Merged)

HoldenBall

What's your view if Sakho was ineligible for the competition?

If he was ineligible for the competition (i.e. not registered) then whatever is consistent with previous occasions that has happened.

But a dispute over a call up is nothing to do with the competition and not something we should seek to benefit from.

At the end of the day he's a West Ham player and he scored for West Ham, I don't see any need for a fuss - and I don't want more fixtures either!

If he was ineligible for the competition (i.e. not registered) then whatever is consistent with previous occasions that has happened.

But a dispute over a call up is nothing to do with the competition and not something we should seek to benefit from.

At the end of the day he's a West Ham player and he scored for West Ham, I don't see any need for a fuss - and I don't want more fixtures either!

I think (hope) this is most people's attitude. If they've broken some sacred law and we're re-instated then we're hardly going to turn it down, but otherwise it's not like being ungracious is going to get us anywhere, nor is the money/fixture particularly important right now.

The whole talk of money and Bristol City appears to be a complete fabrication by the press.

Not a single quote or official statement on the matter, just the usual hack doing maths on the 90k prize money for winning and future gate/TV fees etc.

Until there is a statement its just the papers trying to cause a storm in a teacup.

The whole talk of money and Bristol City appears to be a complete fabrication by the press.

Not a single quote or official statement on the matter, just the usual hack doing maths on the 90k prize money for winning and future gate/TV fees etc.

Until there is a statement its just the papers trying to cause a storm in a teacup.

I think the club have done the right thing. The last thing we want is to look like we are being petty or vindictive, we have the luxury of sitting back and letting FIFA and the FA sort it out and if we benefit either from being reinstated or financially from the outcome, great. I would imagine if there is a statement from the club it will be along the lines of "we are aware of the situation and will await the outcome", if we start jumping up and down and crying foul we will look bitter losers.

Out of our hands, and WHU know they are in a difficult area. FIFA will have to uphold the rules, or they will have chaos in future. FA will not want to fight FIFA on this. Last thing we need is another game mind. I do not think we would all be so generous if this was a league game, and the player scored for , lets say Swindon or MK against us....

Anyway, what will be will be. But giving us Sako on loan, as suggested above is an acceptable resolve :-)

Ridiculous suggestion.... Who the hell would he come in for?!

If the decision gets overturned ( which apparantly will be the verdict not us getting comp)

It'll be on the day of the supposed Sheffield united game

With west brom being an hour only up the road...

Who would be going?

I don't know what to make of this decision other than if it happens think of it as a day out and yet another marker on our season

I know I don't want another game because of our prioritys but if Sheffield united won tonight we wouldn't be playing that day anyway. So personal would still go if it did happen?

I've not paid much attention to any of this, assuming it was all just paper talk.

However, the latest statements seem pretty clear cut.

If FIFA find West Ham guilty, then we are automatically regarded as having won the fixture.

We have no say in it and there is a very real chance that we could be off to West Brom.

As a certain song goes..... "Whatever will be will be"

In many ways it does seem pretty clear that WHU are at fault. As suggested above, I don't really see where money comes into it. Assuming they are at fault and we accept money from them in the form of compensation, they are essentially bribing us to go through to the next round, which would never be allowed.

I've not paid much attention to any of this, assuming it was all just paper talk.

However, the latest statements seem pretty clear cut.

If FIFA find West Ham guilty, then we are automatically regarded as having won the fixture.

We have no say in it and there is a very real chance that we could be off to West Brom.

As a certain song goes..... "Whatever will be will be"

If a club refuses to release a player or neglects to do so despite the provisions

of this annexe, the FIFA Players Status Committee shall furthermore request

the association to which the club belongs to declare any match(es) in which

the player took part to have been lost by the club concerned. Any points

thus gained by the club in question shall be forfeited. Any match contested

according to the cup system shall be regarded as having been won by the

opposing team, irrespective of the score.

This is the key bit for me.  FIFA will request.  Requests can be turned down.  HOWEVER.  The likelihood is that the game will be replayed I would imagine.  The reason I think this is that the FA have already appplied this precedent this season in the cup with Chesterfield playing an ineligible player against the Dongs.  As others have said, we could do without the fixture pile up.  If we are reinstated, the chances of winning the cup are so slim, but the chance of the increased fixtures affecting our promotion push are much much higher.

Out of our hands, and WHU know they are in a difficult area. FIFA will have to uphold the rules, or they will have chaos in future. FA will not want to fight FIFA on this. Last thing we need is another game mind. I do not think we would all be so generous if this was a league game, and the player scored for , lets say Swindon or MK against us.... 

Anyway, what will be will be. But giving us Sako on loan, as suggested above is an acceptable resolve :-) 

What if we sign him & he plays & scores but he didn't have permission to play .....What then..?

I'd rather we didn't have another game in what is already a hectic period but it's out of the clubs hands unfortunately.

Certainly not a great way to go through but at least it wasn't a 3-0 win to them with Sakho coming on in the dying minutes when the game was already won. Would feel real uneasy about going through had that happened.

As it was it was Sakho who come on and made the difference, West Ham were apparently warned before hand and proceeded to play him, more fool them.

In many ways it does seem pretty clear that WHU are at fault. As suggested above, I don't really see where money comes into it. Assuming they are at fault and we accept money from them in the form of compensation, they are essentially bribing us to go through to the next round, which would never be allowed.

As far as I can see, there is no financial element to this. Either West Ham did not break the rules and will be off to West Brom, or they did and we will be.

if they order a replay can't we just toss a coin?

It won't be a replay. If they are guilty then they lose the game. It's cut and dried and purely dependent on FIFA's decision. I guess they really need to make a final decision by end of Wednesdays replays for organisational purposes.

If a club refuses to release a player or neglects to do so despite the provisions

of this annexe, the FIFA Players Status Committee shall furthermore request

the association to which the club belongs to declare any match(es) in which

the player took part to have been lost by the club concerned. Any points

thus gained by the club in question shall be forfeited. Any match contested

according to the cup system shall be regarded as having been won by the

opposing team, irrespective of the score.

This is the key bit for me. FIFA will request. Requests can be turned down. HOWEVER. The likelihood is that the game will be replayed I would imagine. The reason I think this is that the FA have already appplied this precedent this season in the cup with Chesterfield playing an ineligible player against the Dongs. As others have said, we could do without the fixture pile up. If we are reinstated, the chances of winning the cup are so slim, but the chance of the increased fixtures affecting our promotion push are much much higher.

Although the chesterfield case was slightly different. Firstly I don't believe it involved FIFA and secondly it was very much a technicality - they had verbal permission from the player's parent club but not written.

It would be good to get this resolved quickly. Whilst the majority of organisation is to be done by West Brom, there are now only 11 days until 5th round. In this time FIFA need to make a decision, if applicable the FA also need to make a decision and I am guessing there may also be appeals etc.

Archived