IGNORED

Everything Diafra Sakho/west Ham Related (Merged)

HoldenBall

As I mentioned on the old thread on this a few days ago, West Ham do have 'previous' for this sort of thing.

In 1999 they played a cup-tied player (Manny Omoyinmi) against Aston Villa in the league cup, and ended up losing in a replay of a game they had won first time around.

Then there was the Tevez and Mascherano episode when they ended up paying compensation to Sheffield United.

West Ham

West Ham deny Fifa violation

Posted at

11:46

More on Diafra Sakho-gate at West Ham as the club release the following statement.

"Diafra Sakho and West Ham United vigorously deny that they have acted in breach of FIFA regulations. They regard the proceedings as clearly unfounded and are requesting their dismissal. At this stage, neither the player nor the Club can make any further comments."

Fifa said earlier they are investigating a potential violation of their rules by the Premier League club.

West Ham

Posted at

More on Diafra Sakho-gate at West Ham as the club release the following statement.

"Diafra Sakho and West Ham United vigorously deny that they have acted in breach of FIFA regulations. They regard the proceedings as clearly unfounded and are requesting their dismissal. At this stage, neither the player nor the Club can make any further comments."

Fifa said earlier they are investigating a potential violation of their rules by the Premier League club.

Definitely guilty then.

West Ham

Posted at

ha, how can the proceedings be clearly unfounded??!! They played a player who was selected for the african cup of nations but was then withdrawn from that because he was injured and couldnt travel because of his bad back, so how can the case be unfounded? Oh well.

We will never know, but when its 0-0 after 80 odd minutes, there has to be a reasonable chance that the game will end goal less, which will have resulted in a replay at upton park, and its this lost share of gate receipts that we should be looking at. Its not very sporting cause they beat us on the day but it would be remiss of us not to be looking into it.

I'd love a replay. The FA Cup is the best domestic cup competition in the world. 

With a host of top teams already out, and City playing the best football for many a moon I reckon we could at least reach the final.

but at the cost of promotion?, thats the thing the fixture list is already crowded with 7 games in about 21 days due to take place,

we just can't fit it in, thats the only worry I have

but at the cost of promotion?, thats the thing the fixture list is already crowded with 7 games in about 21 days due to take place,

we just can't fit it in, thats the only worry I have

I'm a glass half full bloke this season. If I had a crystal ball and it told me that a replay would cost us promotion, then no. But I honestly reckon we (SC) could handle it.

We might not have a good FA Cup run for another 20 years.

I used to be the secretary of a Sunday football team.  One season, we accidentally played an ineligible player [he forgot to mention that he was on a contract with his Saturday team and contracted players cannot be registered with more than one team].

We lost 2 points (look it up kids) for every game he'd played in, which was all our games, so we ended up on -2 pts.

I can't see why West Ham should be allowed a replay when they've played an ineligible player.  Why should they get 2 shots at the game?  As others say, it's not like Sakho didn't have an influence.

That having been said, I hope the ineligibility is found to be incorrect.  i.e. I'd rather West Ham proceed if there is no case against them.

I would rather we proceeded if there is though ;) 

According to a West Ham fan, there will be no replay if found guilty:

The official 2014 FIFA document says this:

4 Injured players
A player who due to injury or illness is unable to comply with a call-up from the
association that he is eligible to represent on the basis of his nationality shall, if
the association so requires, agree to undergo a medical examination by a doctor
of that associations choice. If the player so wishes, such medical examination
shall take place on the territory of the association at which he is registered.

5 Restrictions on playing
A player who has been called up by his association for one of its representative
teams is, unless otherwise agreed by the relevant association, not entitled to
play for the club with which he is registered during the period for which he has
been released or should have been released pursuant to the provisions of this
annexe. This restriction on playing for the club shall, moreover, be prolonged by
fi ve days in the event that the player, for whatsoever reason, did not wish to or
was unable to comply with the call-up.

6 Disciplinary measures
Violations of any of the provisions set forth in this annexe shall result in the
imposition of disciplinary measures.
If a club refuses to release a player or neglects to do so despite the provisions
of this annexe, the FIFA Players Status Committee shall furthermore request
the association to which the club belongs to declare any match(es) in which
the player took part to have been lost by the club concerned. Any points
thus gained by the club in question shall be forfeited. Any match contested
according to the cup system shall be regarded as having been won by the
opposing team, irrespective of the score.

According to a West Ham fan, there will be no replay if found guilty:

The official 2014 FIFA document says this:

4 Injured players

A player who due to injury or illness is unable to comply with a call-up from the

association that he is eligible to represent on the basis of his nationality shall, if

the association so requires, agree to undergo a medical examination by a doctor

of that associations choice. If the player so wishes, such medical examination

shall take place on the territory of the association at which he is registered.

5 Restrictions on playing

A player who has been called up by his association for one of its representative

teams is, unless otherwise agreed by the relevant association, not entitled to

play for the club with which he is registered during the period for which he has

been released or should have been released pursuant to the provisions of this

annexe. This restriction on playing for the club shall, moreover, be prolonged by

fi ve days in the event that the player, for whatsoever reason, did not wish to or

was unable to comply with the call-up.

6 Disciplinary measures

Violations of any of the provisions set forth in this annexe shall result in the

imposition of disciplinary measures.

If a club refuses to release a player or neglects to do so despite the provisions

of this annexe, the FIFA Players Status Committee shall furthermore request

the association to which the club belongs to declare any match(es) in which

the player took part to have been lost by the club concerned. Any points

thus gained by the club in question shall be forfeited. Any match contested

according to the cup system shall be regarded as having been won by the

opposing team, irrespective of the score.

so reading that,

if west ham are found guilty we will be reinstated in the FA cup and play West Brom in the 5th round

I don't think they've cheated.  There's definitely a grey area if a player isn't fit for selection at the start of a tournament and then recovers and it might be they've fallen foul of the rules but I don't think they definitely cheated.  And, as Tins said, all they've done is play a player who is registered to them and whose wages they pay. 

Archived