IGNORED

Cricket World Cup

Super

I'd like to see them win it for Vettori who's been criminally underatted as a player IMO - if he played for Aus/India he'd be lorded upon. OK he's not as good as he was at his peak but still..

if he was an aussie he wouldn't of got in because of Warne, if he was english on the other hand........

I'd like to see them win it for Vettori who's been criminally underatted as a player IMO - if he played for Aus/India he'd be lorded upon. OK he's not as good as he was at his peak but still..

Remember him making his debut against England many years ago, still a student at the time, I believe? Took one look at him thinking 'he's not going to last long', nothing but respect for the bloke

In the land where oval balls are King, and with a team that continually under performed for many years, he's been there through thick and thin

Monkeh - Australia quite often struggled to find a decent second spinner to play alongside Warne. I'd have put Vettori way above anyone else they tried. Can hold an end up too. But agree, he wouldn't have been an automatic pick for them

Remember him making his debut against England many years ago, still a student at the time, I believe? Took one look at him thinking 'he's not going to last long', nothing but respect for the bloke

In the land where oval balls are King, and with a team that continually under performed for many years, he's been there through thick and thin

Monkeh - Australia quite often struggled to find a decent second spinner to play alongside Warne. I'd have put Vettori way above anyone else they tried. Can hold an end up too. But agree, he wouldn't have been an automatic pick for them

Macgill was actually a very good bowler at that time, just that his chances were limited unless they played two spinners.

Let's not kid ourselves he wouldn't have top edged a slog sweep when we were 5 or 6 down and joined the rest of the useless ***** in the hutch as well

Maybe, however when your constantly shit you leave yourself open to criticism by not picking your best player!!!

Like him or loathe him were a better side with him in it.

It's because when he was in the England team he bowled shite and batted worse. That said, he's definitely due a second chance

That was a while ago, the bloke is in very good form recently still no doubt we will bring the World Beater Bopara back in next game.

After Ian Bell's borefest the other night, which sent me to sleep at least 3 times, it was great to see a One Day Inns last night by one of the great ODI openers.

Chris Gayle take a bow, 212 off 147 balls, 10 fours, 16 sixes. When he gets going, he is incredible to watch. 

After Ian Bell's borefest the other night, which sent me to sleep at least 3 times, it was great to see a One Day Inns last night by one of the great ODI openers.

Chris Gayle take a bow, 212 off 147 balls, 10 fours, 16 sixes. When he gets going, he is incredible to watch. 

It was a great innings but you have to take into account the pathetic bowling attack.

Maybe, however when your constantly shit you leave yourself open to criticism by not picking your best player!!!

Like him or loathe him were a better side with him in it.

I'm not a KP hater, as such, but I don't think he's any better than what we currently have. He's a flat track bully nowadays, I'm sure he'd have scored more runs than anyone else in the side, but he'd pile them on against lesser opposition. We've moved on, not saying we're any stronger for it, but I can understand why he's nowhere near the team

If I read the scorecard correctly, Zim took a wicket with the 2nd ball of the game, and didn't take another until the last - is that correct? That has to be a some kind of (unwanted) record

Presume that was Gayle's reply to the retweet that one of the WI bosses sent during their last game.....good comeback, Mr Gayle

I'm not a KP hater, as such, but I don't think he's any better than what we currently have. He's a flat track bully nowadays, I'm sure he'd have scored more runs than anyone else in the side, but he'd pile them on against lesser opposition. We've moved on, not saying we're any stronger for it, but I can understand why he's nowhere near the team

If I read the scorecard correctly, Zim took a wicket with the 2nd ball of the game, and didn't take another until the last - is that correct? That has to be a some kind of (unwanted) record

Presume that was Gayle's reply to the retweet that one of the WI bosses sent during their last game.....good comeback, Mr Gayle

Um.

When, if, you get a chance, have a look at the 4th ball of the innings.

If the umpire had been 'on the ball, Gayle might well have been given out!

Archived