IGNORED

Cricket World Cup

Super

Not just me then, rentaquote

Which is a shame because as a captain one of my favs - that 2005 series was something else and Vaughan played a massive part in that by almost playing the Aussies at their own game. To that sense maybe he could make a good coach? Don't think he'll want it though as he's got a good number at BBC/Sky

Which is a shame because as a captain one of my favs - that 2005 series was something else and Vaughan played a massive part in that by almost playing the Aussies at their own game. To that sense maybe he could make a good coach? Don't think he'll want it though as he's got a good number at BBC/Sky

I met him at Lords about 5 years ago, he was lovely, found time for a quick chat with me and a couple of mates, which must get really boring for someone like him!

But for the last 3 or 4 years I just find him unbearable to listen to. I don't think anyone will forget what he did in 05, he was superb, and I thank him for that. To be honest, I'm getting the same with Flintoff, KP is already there, Swann is a massive cock - think they have a need to get a few things off their chest after they've retired!

I think SKY have the commentary team for test matches spot on, can't say there is one I don't enjoy listening to, Bumble is superb especially when he starts on about growing his veg in the middle of play!!  Nick Knight annoys me a bit but he tends to do mostly one dayers now.

Jez, Fordy - let it go. Alleyne was never good enough to play at that level, Smith wasn't quick enough and did Symonds ever give an indication he wanted to play for England, if he did I don't remember

I'll not entertain a response to the Alleyne and Smith parts, but England offered Symonds an England A place after he scored a bazillion runs one season. A 19 year old, smashing it to all parts and we offer him a place in the seconds. Only in England.

I'll not entertain a response to the Alleyne and Smith parts, but England offered Symonds an England A place after he scored a bazillion runs one season. A 19 year old, smashing it to all parts and we offer him a place in the seconds. Only in England.

Fair comment about Symonds, now you've mentioned it it does ring a bell

I'd love to hear you prove me wrong about the other two. Smith has been playing for Oldands over the last couple of seasons, if you fancy strapping a pair on and carting his medium pace, dibbly dabbly shit all around the place......

Fair comment about Symonds, now you've mentioned it it does ring a bell

I'd love to hear you prove me wrong about the other two. Smith has been playing for Oldands over the last couple of seasons, if you fancy strapping a pair on and carting his medium pace, dibbly dabbly shit all around the place......

He's been playing for Oldlands? Amazing. That's made my day!

Seeing as you asked though...

Alleyne has both a better batting and bowling average than both Chris Woakes and Stuart Broad.

You'll no doubt counter by saying it's ridiculous to compare them. But my argument was only that he wasn't given a fair shot.

Seeing as you asked though...

Alleyne has both a better batting and bowling average than both Chris Woakes and Stuart Broad.

You'll no doubt counter by saying it's ridiculous to compare them. But my argument was only that he wasn't given a fair shot.

Woakes I'm not surprised at, Broad I am. Better average in what though, county cricket? Glos did have a fantastic one day team during his time and would agree he should've been given a chance. I really don't think he would have been a success though

Woakes I'm not surprised at, Broad I am. Better average in what though, county cricket? Glos did have a fantastic one day team during his time and would agree he should've been given a chance. I really don't think he would have been a success though

No mate. In one day international cricket!

No mate. In one day international cricket!

Did Alleyne even get to double figures in ODI appearances though? Not sure it's a fair comparison. Plus, it was a different era of one day cricket so everyone's bowling stats are probably a bit worse plus Alleyne was a genuine all-rounder, whereas Broad and Woakes are bowlers who can bat a bit

Alleyne was a very good county player, but not international class

Yes, and look how that panned out :facepalm:

Archived