IGNORED

Cricket World Cup

Super

England are so frustrating, never seeking to get on top of the bowlers. Sri Lanka have an average attack and we've let them dictate terms for the last 20 overs. The talent is there IMO, the will just doesn't seem to be. Ballance has to stand aside and we need to start giving platforms to the likes of Buttler

Aaaaaarrrggghhhh!!! So frustrating!

England are so frustrating, never seeking to get on top of the bowlers. Sri Lanka have an average attack and we've let them dictate terms for the last 20 overs. The talent is there IMO, the will just doesn't seem to be. Ballance has to stand aside and we need to start giving platforms to the likes of Buttler

Aaaaaarrrggghhhh!!! So frustrating!

Balance instead of KP!!! Laughable

Balance instead of KP!!! Laughable

I have no problem with KP being out of the team; he's a flat track bully who is immensely talented but plays for himself rather than the team. But Hales is sat there doing nothing and Stokes is in great form twiddling his thumbs. For what it's worth I think Balance is a great batsmen (but then again I'm a biased Yorks fan) but he's not what this England team need. We're actually doing pretty well, I just wish we'd play with a little less caution and that the batsmen would try and impose themselves before it gets to crunch time

Oh dear! Guess I'm not the only one a bit shocked this morning then.

Indeed! Reading the report though, this is exactly what I'm talking about; Sri Lanka's batsmen came out an imposed themselves on the bowling attack from the first ball, England are too passive until it's too late. The bowlers getting tonked about is more of a worry in some respects- we have loads of decent young batsmen we could go forward with, but far fewer bowling options IMO

Think England's bowlers really aren't suited to the conditions. Jimmy Anderson, for example, can swing the ball a lot around in the right conditions. There's none of that in this World Cup, so all the opposition batsmen have to do is play straight through the ball and with power and aggression. Maybe we don't have the right bowlers with us on this trip...

And people thought the batting was the problem.

It still is... 300 is just an average score now and can be comfortably reached by the top sides with a very good batting order.

Like Michael Vaughan says, England are very predictable in every aspect whether its batting or bowling and teams can have a 2 minute meeting to plan how to win... its that easy.

That being said we have some very talented players like Ali, Balance, Root, Taylor etc so its not all bad but its too predicable. Hopefully Trott will come back soon and take that number 3 

It still is... 300 is just an average score now and can be comfortably reached by the top sides with a very good batting order.

Like Michael Vaughan says, England are very predictable in every aspect whether its batting or bowling and teams can have a 2 minute meeting to plan how to win... its that easy.

That being said we have some very talented players like Ali, Balance, Root, Taylor etc so its not all bad but its too predicable. Hopefully Trott will come back soon and take that number 3

Or play one of the best players to have ever played for England - I understand he's a pain but deal with it, Australia have done it for years.

Or play one of the best players to have ever played for England - I understand he's a pain but deal with it, Australia have done it for years.

The problem with Pietersen is that he plays for himself rather than the team, I just don't think he can be trusted when backs are against the wall. You could stick him to open and give him free reign knowing there are still 10 other lads if he holes out on 0 I suppose but I would much rather see Hales come in to play that kind of role

The problem with Pietersen is that he plays for himself rather than the team, I just don't think he can be trusted when backs are against the wall. You could stick him to open and give him free reign knowing there are still 10 other lads if he holes out on 0 I suppose but I would much rather see Hales come in to play that kind of role

Just watched SKy news - it would appear the door is being opened for a KP return....

It still is... 300 is just an average score now and can be comfortably reached by the top sides with a very good batting order.

That being said we have some very talented players like Ali, Balance, Root, Taylor etc so its not all bad but its too predicable. Hopefully Trott will come back soon and take that number 3

Yes but SL would of chased down 400 if they needed to. Yes the batting isn't great but the bowling is woeful. One wicket chasing 300 plus is an embarrassment.

Just watched SKy news - it would appear the door is being opened for a KP return....

Therin lies the problem - the ECB go for the quick fix which will never address the real problem.

I think Vaughan is a gobshite these days but he's spot on..

Therin lies the problem - the ECB go for the quick fix which will never address the real problem.

I think Vaughan is a gobshite these days but he's spot on..

why would the turkeys vote for xmas tom?

ECB is the problem always has been, its like the bullington club

Sick of Pietersen. Why can't the little weasel just retire then we can just be rid of the arrogant idiot.

I'm with you there. I'm not a fan.

In fact I'm not a fan of english cricket. I've never forgiven them for the way they treated Mark Alleyne, Mike Smith, Andy Symonds or any other Gloucester player for that matter.

Dare I say it, I like Australia and New Zealand. Warney got me hooked.

I'm with you there. I'm not a fan.

In fact I'm not a fan of english cricket. I've never forgiven them for the way they treated Mark Alleyne, Mike Smith, Andy Symonds or any other Gloucester player for that matter.

Dare I say it, I like Australia and New Zealand. Warney got me hooked.

Jez, Fordy - let it go. Alleyne was never good enough to play at that level, Smith wasn't quick enough and did Symonds ever give an indication he wanted to play for England, if he did I don't remember

Archived