IGNORED

Yeovil Away Tickets (Merged)

TETBURY MASSIVE

Bar BS3, on 02 Mar 2015 - 10:25 AM, said:

Wembley sales are on a totally different number.

If 0117 9630600 is engaged, then it will be with people buying Yeovil tickets mainly.

May be so, but why no online sales?

If they are not going to sell online then at least announce it to let people know.

Dave Lloyd phone no.constantly engaged as well.

Wouldn't expect anything else!

A reasonable chap then. Where demand is so high for an event there will always be difficulties getting through.

What totally amazes me is the same people that moan about the difficulties in getting through are probably those exact same people who sit for a few hours in front of a screen or on the phones trying to get tickets to the latest music event or festival but when it comes down to getting a football ticket it is completely unreasonable to have difficulties getting through.

Before anyone starts I appreciate the scale is vastly different yada yada yada. But equally as you have less demand you scale back on operators and operational costs. We are not going to have armies of people and servers just like you would for Glastonbury festival tickets, and notwithstanding that for said tickets people click refresh for hours on end because that's just how you have to try and get through the lottery. Football tickets, on occassions when demand outstrips supply, is just no different.

A reasonable chap then. Where demand is so high for an event there will always be difficulties getting through.

What totally amazes me is the same people that moan about the difficulties in getting through are probably those exact same people who sit for a few hours in front of a screen or on the phones trying to get tickets to the latest music event or festival but when it comes down to getting a football ticket it is completely unreasonable to have difficulties getting through.

Before anyone starts I appreciate the scale is vastly different yada yada yada. But equally as you have less demand you scale back on operators and operational costs. We are not going to have armies of people and servers just like you would for Glastonbury festival tickets, and notwithstanding that for said tickets people click refresh for hours on end because that's just how you have to try and get through the lottery. Football tickets, on occassions when demand outstrips supply, is just no different.

29AR, on 02 Mar 2015 - 10:41 AM, said:

Not the same thought is it.

I wanted a ticket for AC/DC at Wembley but they sold out in a matter of minutes.

But it was listed, and still is on Ticketmaster.

The Yeovil game is not even listed!!

Just bought mine on the phone after about 50 redials. My understanding is they haven't switched the Online option on yet because of people queuing at Ashton Gate. They want to clear the physical queue first and then open online - if they sell out quickly it is much easier to deal with a moaning online community than real people face to face!

Just bought mine on the phone after about 50 redials. My understanding is they haven't switched the Online option on yet because of people queuing at Ashton Gate. They want to clear the physical queue first and then open online - if they sell out quickly it is much easier to deal with a moaning online community than real people face to face!

The club always advises to buy online though - if they do that it will just encourage fans to ring up/queue up even more!

NO online sales are available for Yeovil, that is piss poor. They're only trying to flog 1,300 tickets for Christs sake!

Well that's just great!

If that was going to be the purchasing procedure I would have gone there rather than sit here for nearly an hour trying to buy.

Nonsense. There's hardly anyone down the club shop. The physical queue could be there all day, does that mean it'll never make online sales despite clearly saying they'd go online at 10am?

112 calls and counting, 111 engaged, 1 went through to Bristol Sport, press 1 press 1 blah, blah, did that then they cut me off! brilliant service, see why they got ticketmaster to do Wembley,  they cant cope with a 1,000!!

Bristol Sport, its the future.

Did you get double pips? If so, they haven't cut you off you just need to carry on waiting (for another 10 mins)....

The club always advises to buy online though - if they do that it will just encourage fans to ring up/queue up even more!

I thought they were advertising that's it's cheaper to buy online, therefore encouraging people to do so.

Archived