IGNORED

Yeovil Away Tickets (Merged)

TETBURY MASSIVE

The club obviously have no idea who goes POTD and you get 2nd priority.

I'm all for this priority scheme and think it's great that the club have listened and that those who are known as regular away followers get their ticket guaranteed.

It's not perfect, but it is FAR better than just going straight to priority STH sale IMO.

Yeah me too but do it from start of season. Should of just kept the points system from few years back.

If you log in to your online ticket account and go to "your account" and then "your bookings" it will show you everything that the club have on the system against your Season Ticket etc. This should answer your question in a round about way :yes:

Thanks, that certainly seems to show the tickets I've booked online, though obviously not the potd ones, but it also doesn't include those booked over the phone (Swindon and Gillingham in my case)

Yeah me too but do it from start of season. Should of just kept the points system from few years back.

But it wasn't done from the start of the season. Yes it could/should have been, but it wasn't. End of.

It's better that they introduce something now than not bother at all.

The likes of someone such as dollymarie not being able to get a ticket for Swindon was wrong, at least this way it goes some way to ensuring that regular away goers that the club know about, get to this game which can only be a good thing.

Thanks, that certainly seems to show the tickets I've booked online, though obviously not the potd ones, but it also doesn't include those booked over the phone (Swindon and Gillingham in my case)

Hmm that's strange as I haven't booked one ticket online this season - always ring - and they are certainly all showing for me.

Do you get an email confirmation when purchasing over the phone? If so, is it to the same email address that you use to log into the online ticketing site?

Dammed if you do dammed if you don't, the club are trying to listen to what the fans are saying on this issue but whatever they do there is always someone who is going to fall foul of what they do, some I agree with are hard done by ( ie buying for other people and not having allocated to that person and I am included in that) but at least they are listening and that is a big positive going forward.

I 100% agree with you: you are never going to be able to draw a line without someone, somewhere feeling hard done by.

All I would hope is that lines drawn are never arbitrarily enforced but that a common sense approach is taken. For example, as in the chap above's scenario whereby if it is clear he has bought multiple tickets to each away game and the reasoning given is credible then flex the rules.

Going forward the club should have a policy in respect of this or be able to capture when tickets have been bought on another's behalf. But until then just show a bit of good grace and understanding.

Exactly this - bring in a half arsed ruling coming into the end of the season

Loyalty points etc is the way forward, but it can't be implemented coming to the end of the season!!

FFS !

Surely it's better than not bothering to do anything to make sure that regular away followers that the club know about get priority..?

No it's not perfect but they can't go back in time and it's better than nothing.

Hmm that's strange as I haven't booked one ticket online this season - always ring - and they are certainly all showing for me.

Do you get an email confirmation when purchasing over the phone? If so, is it to the same email address that you use to log into the online ticketing site?

Ah yes thanks, I've tracked down the Swindon booking now from the email confirmation ... nothing for Gillingham though, I may have potd on that one and forgotten - paying the price for a last minute decision!

Cheers for your help

• Admin

Surely it's better than not bothering to do anything to make sure that regular away followers that the club know about get priority..?

No it's not perfect but they can't go back in time and it's better than nothing.

No don't agree - I regularly buy for 6-10 people, never asked for their numbers when buying.

This solution ONLY helps those who have bought every ticket for themselves, against their own number

Agree can't go back in time, but this solution as per current ticket system is useless

Checked my purchase history and lots of purchases but all against just my number, which is poor as remember all the hassle buying 10 tickets for Swindon away - to ensure each ticket went against a season ticket holder

......and this is before we even start about all those who POTD!

this i sridiculous

i have booked train ticket already

i have paid for three through club but went to rochdale and paid on day

It's not ridiculous is it..? It just doesn't work for you. You will still get same chance as always when they go on sale to STH priority.

No don't agree - I regularly buy for 6-10 people, never asked for their numbers when buying.

This solution ONLY helps those who have bought every ticket for themselves, against their own number

Agree can't go back in time, but this solution as per current ticket system is useless

Checked my purchase history and lots of purchases but all against just my number, which is poor as remember all the hassle buying 10 tickets for Swindon away - to ensure each ticket went against a season ticket holder

......and this is before we even start about all those who POTD!

People buying groups of tickets for friends is the only major flaw (although understandable) with this plan.

I have emailed David Lloyd to make a suggestion regarding this, although not sure if it will be too late notice to act upon it.

Will keep you posted on here.

this i sridiculous 

i have booked train ticket already

i have paid for three through club but went to rochdale and paid on day

It is hardly 'ridiculous' is it. The club have limited sales to one per person who satisfies the 4 prior away game rules. How many do you realistically think will be in that bracket? The club will know from their systems and, unless something really stupid akin to Bradford, that class of people won't be the full allocation. 3 games may have been the full allocation in which case the cut off has been set at 4.

Frankly for a game like this people are going to be disappointed one way or another. Season ticket holders alone could sell out the allocation 5-6 times over.

I'll repeat, just through season ticket holders alone if all wanted a ticket we'd sell the allocation 5 or 6 times over. And yet, you still bought your train ticket. That was your gamble and the fact that there is a priority sell doesn't detract from the fact you took a calculated gamble in any case.  

After Swindon many were upset because they are 'die hards' but couldn't get tickets, so the club have reacted by introducing a quick priority sale to those who can demonstrate they've bought 4 away tickets. It's a step in the right direction and until a fully functioning system is in place its a pretty decent stab at trying to service those who's attendance at away games the club can regularly rely upon. Yes there are pitfalls, such as group bookings, but i'd expect the club to iron these out.

It is hardly 'ridiculous' is it. The club have limited sales to one per person who satisfies the 4 prior away game rules. How many do you realistically think will be in that bracket? The club will know from their systems and, unless something really stupid akin to Bradford, that class of people won't be the full allocation. 3 games may have been the full allocation in which case the cut off has been set at 4.

Frankly for a game like this people are going to be disappointed one way or another. Season ticket holders alone could sell out the allocation 5-6 times over.

I'll repeat, just through season ticket holders alone if all wanted a ticket we'd sell the allocation 5 or 6 times over. And yet, you still bought your train ticket. That was your gamble and the fact that there is a priority sell doesn't detract from the fact you took a calculated gamble in any case.

After Swindon many were upset because they are 'die hards' but couldn't get tickets, so the club have reacted by introducing a quick priority sale to those who can demonstrate they've bought 4 away tickets. It's a step in the right direction and until a fully functioning system is in place its a pretty decent stab at trying to service those who's attendance at away games the club can regularly rely upon. Yes there are pitfalls, such as group bookings, but i'd expect the club to iron these out.

Couldn't agree more.

Yet another ticketing balls-up by City - hardly surprising!

They said at the start of the season there was no loyalty system and did away with the client references.

For Wembley, realising they'd buggered it up, they frantically re-introduced the client refs asking us to get our magnifying glasses out and find a 6 digit code buried in a bar code on our season cards and now this!

I feel for the people who've paid on the day to 4 away games this season! BUT under this ticketing priority system under no circumstance should they get priority for the Yeovil game. Same with the chap earlier saying he'd always bought for his mates but had never given their names. Sorry to his mates - but you should not be given priority.

Why oh why didn't they just put them straight on sale to ST holders instead of misadvising supporters all season saying they didn't have to produce names of mates to buy their tickets??

What irks even more is that when we were in the C'ship we had a perfectly good loyalty system where you built up points and could even view them yourself online - but of course we never needed them. Reduced capacity, League One when you DO need a loyalty system and we got rid of it!

It really is one catastro-**** to the next with this club in regards to ticketing...

Yet another ticketing balls-up by City - hardly surprising!

They said at the start of the season there was no loyalty system and did away with the client references.

For Wembley, realising they'd buggered it up, they frantically re-introduced the client refs asking us to get our magnifying glasses out and find a 6 digit code buried in a bar code on our season cards and now this!

I feel for the people who've paid on the day to 4 away games this season! BUT under this ticketing priority system under no circumstance should they get priority for the Yeovil game. Same with the chap earlier saying he'd always bought for his mates but had never given their names. Sorry to his mates - but you should not be given priority.

Why oh why didn't they just put them straight on sale to ST holders instead of misadvising supporters all season saying they didn't have to produce names of mates to buy their tickets??

What irks even more is that when we were in the C'ship we had a perfectly good loyalty system where you built up points and could even view them yourself online - but of course we never needed them. Reduced capacity, League One when you DO need a loyalty system and we got rid of it!

It really is one catastro-**** to the next with this club in regards to ticketing...

You don't think that it's a good thing that STH who have been to several away games get priority for what is going to be a game where demand is high..?

Of course, it's not a perfect solution but it's better than a mass scramble amongst 9-10,000 STH, many of whom haven't been away much/at all so far this season.

Those that the club know have been to several other away games get their chance, then it's as you were for the rest of the STH to get their tickets.

The past can't be changed, but this is a step in the right direction without doubt and the club have already said that a full loyalty points scheme will come into effect with the new ticketing system for next season.

How likely is it that tickets will reach us season ticket holders who have only been to 3 or less away games? And then will they sell within half an our, sounds like a stupid question but i wont have a chance till 10.30

There is one priority period for STH with buying history for 4 or more other away games. Then any other STH from Monday.

There can't be more than half the allocation who have been to 4 or more and that will be greatly reduced by the issue of people who have bought for groups of people.

I would suspect no more than 500 will qualify for first priority period.

Good god there are pathetic moaning minnies on this forum. Ive been to more than 4 away games but City dont know that so I will just get my ticket in the second priority group.

Great idea to reward the most loyal, those who go to most games and commit early to purchase rather than my half arsed decide on the day approach.

Didn't do it for Swindon..

What part of "can't go back in time" don't you understand..?!

Surely it's a good thing that after some very deserving cases missed out for Swindon, they are doing something that they are able too to reward loyalty.

You don't think that it's a good thing that STH who have been to several away games get priority for what is going to be a game where demand is high..?

Of course it's a good idea in principle, but the club are implementing a "loyalty system" that doesn't actually exist and which the club expressely stated at the start of the season didn't exist!

It's a fudge. And many STH's that have been to 4+ away games are NOT getting priority or having their loyalty rewarded.

What part of "can't go back in time" don't you understand..?!

Surely it's a good thing that after some very deserving cases missed out for Swindon, they are doing something that they are able too to reward loyalty.

It would have been a whole lot easier and less hassle if it was ST holders, membership and finally general sale. Just as it always have been!

This scheme is just petty, I go more to away games than you so I get priority. It's bollocks. Some people can't afford to and others haven't got the time.

It would have been a whole lot easier and less hassle if it was ST holders, membership and finally general sale. Just as it always have been!

This scheme is just petty, I go more to away games than you so I get priority. It's bollocks. Some people can't afford to and others haven't got the time.

And some POTD!

Archived