IGNORED

Bristol Sport To Release Stadium Fly-Through Video

CyderInACan

The point is that the current set up is the worst of two worlds. It's an ageing stadium with inadequate facilities, overseen by suits with no idea what makes a real football fan.

The first of these issues is being dealt with. The new stadium will be fit for purpose and even quite impressive.

It is now time for the second issue to be dealt with.

The suits seem to have a view of crowd behaviour that is incompatible with at least a sizeable minority of City's regular support. It doesn't help that SL is several hundred miles away, but someone has to bang their heads together and get suits and fans singing from the same songbook.

When we have a capacity of 11,000 and are running away with the division, it's not so obvious, but these are the fans who will be there when we have a 27,000 capacity and things are falling apart on the pitch. (As they inevitably will at some point - that's football)

Ah, at last, someone who knows the "suits" intimately. Please enlighten us all with a brief summary of the people you are referring too. Name, experience (or lack of it) previous employment and football clubs they have supported. I can't wait for the detailed insight! Cheers.

Ah, at last, someone who knows the "suits" intimately. Please enlighten us all with a brief summary of the people you are referring too. Name, experience (or lack of it) previous employment and football clubs they have supported. I can't wait for the detailed insight! Cheers.

When I was a young mod in the 60's I got my suits from John Temple's in Broadmead. Side vents, ticket pocket, all the biz.Used to knock em dead in the Locarno. :whistle2: Trouble was used to look a right t*t when I came off the Lambretta. Luckily, I wore a parka to protect my suit.

There are certainly people employed at Ashton Gate in positions of influence who are not football fans. Is it necessary to name these individuals? 

Aizoon's post hints at creating a shared narrative with an element of those who attend now, and have for a significant period through thick and thin. That opportunity has existed under BCFC for years and now Bristol Sport. At one point fans and trust shared an ideal of creating a type of support on matchday that was unique, but the FC did not. The opportunity to be truly different and unique has passed, but an ideal of not wanting to be soul crushingly bland is not such a bad one to share with BS - BCFC.

Mods can we have a pinned "I hate Bristol Sport & am going to blame them for everything" thread so every interesting thread doesn't get high jacked by the same old people with the same old agenda? Thanks

I heard it was the suits at Bristol Sport who opened a Tesco Metro in Stokes Croft.

"What do our board know about running a football club?" they asked.

"Bring in people with experience at other football clubs" they said.

"I don't like these people that aren't born and bred Bristolians with a cider in hand and a publicly declared unashamed love for the Wurzels" they say.

Just who are these cider-swilling, Wurzel-loving football club experts that are obviously the people that should be involved at AG?

There are certainly people employed at Ashton Gate in positions of influence who are not football fans. Is it necessary to name these individuals? 

Aizoon's post hints at creating a shared narrative with an element of those who attend now, and have for a significant period through thick and thin. That opportunity has existed under BCFC for years and now Bristol Sport. At one point fans and trust shared an ideal of creating a type of support on matchday that was unique, but the FC did not. The opportunity to be truly different and unique has passed, but an ideal of not wanting to be soul crushingly bland is not such a bad one to share with BS - BCFC.

A) Wasn't talking to you!

B) Haven't got a ####ing clue what your talking about!

Reply Mr Aizoon, as I am genuinely interested in the background of the "suits." Names as well, please. Thanks

A) Wasn't talking to you!

B) Haven't got a ####ing clue what your talking about!

Reply Mr Aizoon, as I am genuinely interested in the background of the "suits." Names as well, please. Thanks

A/ Its an open forum.

B/ The post referred to Aizoons issue two and in particular "but someone has to bang their heads together and get suits and fans singing from the same songbook". That has been a theme at Ashton Gate that preceded BS.

A/ Its an open forum.

B/ The post referred to Aizoons issue two and in particular "but someone has to bang their heads together and get suits and fans singing from the same songbook". That has been a theme at Ashton Gate that preceded BS.

I agree, it is an open forum, bur I still was not talking to you. OR---- Are you Aizoon and posting under 2 names?

Aizoon, please reply. You normally bounce back before "the ink is dry".

AG16_zpskhkj7f3p.jpg

AG18_zpszsqlrafv.jpg

It would easier to add flags etc to the Dolman for football and rugby than the South stand.

http://bristolcitysupporters.org/fan-passes-club-trust-proposal/

I've said this before, and although there are potential issues with complaints/permission from local residents, the roof truss of the south stand presents the perfect natural series of flag poles.

Edit: although I realize this is maybe not what you have in mind (more in the form of flags hung internally), I think this would be an opportunity to add some identity to the appearance.

I've said this before, and although there are potential issues with complaints/permission from local residents, the roof truss of the south stand presents the perfect natural series of flag poles.

Edit: although I realize this is maybe not what you have in mind (more in the form of flags hung internally), I think this would be an opportunity to add some identity to the appearance.

AG18_zpszsqlrafv.jpg

Its a similar theme. The design lacks character, adding insignia, a form of false gable  to the roof facia would break up its symmetry, and the feel of being anywhere.

AG16_zpskhkj7f3p.jpg

The Dolman has more obvious opportunity if the space is not intended for advertising. Easy, obvious and free. Invite fans to do what they do.

Archived