IGNORED

Bristol Sport To Release Stadium Fly-Through Video

CyderInACan

That's the point....no, I and thousands of others know that there is not a serious problem with Bristol Sport. A minority have raised some minor issues/concerns mainly based around fan culture which I believe has now been communicated to the club so we will have to see how they respond to that.

Unfortunately, some of those people have used this forum to spread propaganda and have gone about trying to get what they want all the wrong way by trying to rubbish the whole concept of BS without knowing or wishing to accept what it is in place for.......some fans have been sucked in, the vast majority haven't.

It appears you yourself are suggesting there is a "serious problem" with SL's business model to make this club sustainable purely down to a few PR gaffes and the branding of BS.

Please enlighten me to these "serious problems" that you clearly believe are going to have a negative impact on this club?

Ran out of likes. LIKE!!

At some stage, you're going to have to accept that there is a serious problem with "Bristol Sport" (i.e.,as a brand, it is just a load of bullshit).

Why does he have to accept that? Your argument would be a lot stronger if you came up with some logical, thought out reasoning, rather than just swear words.

This video alone suggests the marketing operation is already a lot more professional than it was in the past. Which is just as well, because we need to fill all those new seats.

Indeed, I'm sure marketing and selling the new south stand corporate facilities is already underway to existing Lansdown Club members/Premier Seating members etc.

They are indeed.......I believe the gala last night was very much about that. SL did not become a billionaire by sitting on his hands

Just to pick uo the narrow point of the video being a waste of money.

They will hope not. I am pretty sure that one of the key reasons it gives as much time as it does to corporate facilities is that this will be a marketing tool. A lot of these things are booked ages in advance, and at the moment other than dry plans and a hole in the ground, there is nothing to show. The idea will be that the video helps capture some pre sales from that market.

Exactly cityexile - and pretty much saying the same thing I did further up the thread. This is more about promoting the new facility to potential new fans than it is giving a glimpse to existing ones.

At some stage, you're going to have to accept that there is a serious problem with "Bristol Sport" (i.e.,as a brand, it is just a load of bullshit).

What is the "serious problem" with Bristol Sport RZ?

As I see it, Bristol Sport comprises the various sports clubs owned and operated by Steve Lansdown. To me that makes commercial sense as if it enables all such clubs to benefit by being part of a group , rather than being out there on their own, then surely that's a good thing.

Notwithstanding Bristol Sport, Bristol City, as a football club and as a team, continues to be an individual entity with it's own unique identity. SL is a pretty shrewd businessman , who probably does very little unless it's in the best interest of the Lansdown family, and why should that not be the case as it's his money after all. I also suspect that as far as we are concerned he does very little unless it's in the best interests, and to secure the long term future of Bristol City FC.

Do I think that Steve Lansdown would sell the football club down the river and leave us in the lurch financially and will Bristol Sport help him do this? No.

Do I think that Steve Lansdown plans to build a legacy so that he can see Bristol City FC and Bristol Rugby being successfully run by the Lansdown family long after he is gone and will Bristol Sport help this to be acheived? Yes.

In light of that, would he make any commercial decisions that would have an adverse impact on the football club? No

Do I anticipate seeing a team in red playing at Ashton Gate in the football league/championship/premier league any time soon and called Bristol Sport? No

Am I being naive or failing to see the blindingly obvious? Possibly, but I am more than happy if any posters who have not had the wool pulled over their eyes can put me straight.

Why does he have to accept that? Your argument would be a lot stronger if you came up with some logical, thought out reasoning, rather than just swear words.

This video alone suggests the marketing operation is already a lot more professional than it was in the past. Which is just as well, because we need to fill all those new seats.

I accepted the previous point about the video being a marketing tool for non-football revenue such as conferences but those new seats will only be filled by success on the pitch which is down to the players and managers performing well; Aden Flint's dramatic turnaround in form was down to his hard work in the summer not to a new corporate structure.

As I see it, Bristol Sport comprises the various sports clubs owned and operated by Steve Lansdown. To me that makes commercial sense as if it enables all such clubs to benefit by being part of a group , rather than being out there on their own, then surely that's a good thing.

Notwithstanding Bristol Sport, Bristol City, as a football club and as a team, continues to be an individual entity with it's own unique identity. SL is a pretty shrewd businessman , who probably does very little unless it's in the best interest of the Lansdown family, and why should that not be the case as it's his money after all. I also suspect that as far as we are concerned he does very little unless it's in the best interests, and to secure the long term future of Bristol City FC.

Do I think that Steve Lansdown would sell the football club down the river and leave us in the lurch financially and will Bristol Sport help him do this? No.

Do I think that Steve Lansdown plans to build a legacy so that he can see Bristol City FC and Bristol Rugby being successfully run by the Lansdown family long after he is gone and will Bristol Sport help this to be acheived? Yes.

In light of that, would he make any commercial decisions that would have an adverse impact on the football club? No

Do I anticipate seeing a team in red playing at Ashton Gate in the football league/championship/premier league any time soon and called Bristol Sport? No

Am I being naive or failing to see the blindingly obvious? Possibly, but I am more than happy if any posters who have not had the wool pulled over their eyes can put me straight.

The only sport capable of making a profit (by getting into the premier league) is professional football.

All the other sports under the Bristol Sport umbrella will always make a loss and take focus and money away from Bristol City FC.

Fair enough but I've always found from my travels to all these new identical bowl stadiums that they tend to be soulless places with no atmosphere. I've had nightmares about being a Coventry fan, they always seem so miserable whenever I've been there, rattling around in that big stadium with no atmosphere except the away fans.

Give me a redeveloped stadium with some character any day. I much prefer the look of grounds like Upton Park, Villa Park, Goodison, Anfield and White hart lane, rather then Southampton, Coventry, Reading and Cardiff etc that all look the same just different colour seats.

Hopefully if we do ever redevelop the Atyeo we'd do it in a way that it looks different to the other stands.

Fans create the atmosphere though not the stadium structure.

We're not in a 'soulless bowl' now, we're playing amazing football and top of the league and still 90% of the time you can hear a pin drop at Ashton Gate!

Agree about it not looking identical to everywhere else but Emirates is a great example of a modern stadium that doesn't look like an identi-kit of the rest but still has that 'inclusive' feel to it. Same with the Etihad.

Either way I'm sure it's going to be fantastic! I just think it looks a smidge....odd...at one end!

The only sport capable of making a profit (by getting into the premier league) is professional football.

All the other sports under the Bristol Sport umbrella will always make a loss and take focus and money away from Bristol City FC.

Haven't Northampton Saints recorded a profit for something like 14 consecutive seasons?

And does Bristol City have a God-given right to Steve Lansdown's money?

That's the point....no, I and thousands of others know that there is not a serious problem with Bristol Sport. A minority have raised some minor issues/concerns mainly based around fan culture which I believe has now been communicated to the club so we will have to see how they respond to that.

Unfortunately, some of those people have used this forum to spread propaganda and have gone about trying to get what they want all the wrong way by trying to rubbish the whole concept of BS without knowing or wishing to accept what it is in place for.......some fans have been sucked in, the vast majority haven't.

It appears you yourself are suggesting there is a "serious problem" with SL's business model to make this club sustainable purely down to a few PR gaffes and the branding of BS.

Please enlighten me to these "serious problems" that you clearly believe are going to have a negative impact on this club?

Jesus wept Red Raw you really are the orginal happy clapper arnt you.

Haven't Northampton Saints recorded a profit for something like 14 consecutive seasons?

And does Bristol City have a God-given right to Steve Lansdown's money?

Are they rugby league or something?  There may be the odd exception in well run clubs that cut their coat according to their cloth. 

At the moment it is Steve's money that is funding it all and we are I trust all suitably grateful for that.  However Bristol City is not one man's personal fief.  Many people have put time, effort and money into the club over the years (including a lot on here) and are entitled to their view.  Many put their hands into their pockets to save the club in 1982.  They did not do this so that it would be merged in with a lot of other sports into a fairly pointless "brand".

None of those other sports under the Bristol Sport umbrella will pay their way or even pick up their share of central management costs.  They will all fall onto Bristol City and when, eventually, the time comes for a new owner what will be left of Bristol City FC?

A club without its own ground and debt on the balance sheet run up funding the operation of fringe sports.

It's so deeply flawed I thought there must be an ulterior motive of a second wave of planning applications for Ashton Vale.  Now it seems not.

I think this is a very good post, are you a Merchant Venturer ?

Having billions of pounds at your disposal is a situation none of us could ever imagine.

Of course it's all about Stephen's legacy because he is not thinking about the here and now he is looking at how the World will be in fifty years time..

Nicholas Higgs is doing the same but, due to an administrative error, he is looking in the wrong direction and over at Rovers we are recreating the World of 1965 complete with whippets, woodbines and Pearl Carr and Teddy Johnson for half time entertainment. 

It does look fantastic.

I note a few comments about the gap between the Ateyo standand the rest of the ground.  Keeping the gaps and the Ateyo keeps character of the ground and keeps it a British ground in respect that all the stands dont look the same. It also allows for a sense of scale and a sense of place when you are sat in the ground.  

Cant wait for  it to be  completed , even if the gas builds at UWE this is a far superior ground that they will ever build.

Its local , its in Bristol not an out of town souless identikit souless cheap bowl they are looking to build,

Jesus wept Red Raw you really are the orginal happy clapper arnt you.

So you just want to result to insults again.......that seems to be the standard response when you have nothing to come back with.

Read this thread in particular the last couple of pages, read where the usual suspects sabotage the thread and what they have to say and then the responses of the majority with their reasoned and factual counter arguments......are they all also happy clappers?

Or are they sensible, knowledgeable fans who understand what's going on and don't buy into the turd stirring of the few?

Two things here surely, which are different in my mind.

1) Bristol Sport the brand. Yep, ok, would rather it was all still BCFC. However, SL must have got very close over the last few years with AV, millions lost, to saying blow this for a game of soldiers, I am off. Stating the obvious - but he is under no obligation to do any of this. However this new vision does seem to have reenergised him, the idea of putting sport in Bristol on the map, of which football is a major part. If one accepts that vision, then there has to be an acceptance that we are now part of a sports group. Maybe not ideal in some peoples minds, but it is the price of a sleepy lower league side getting very significant investment in infastructure. It is a hell of a lower price than some club fans are paying. It also could be a successful model, that does not in itself mean we have sold our soul. We also should not deceive ourselves that nothing has changed, It has.

2) How Bristol Sport are doing, as seemingly the new owners of the key decisions that affect football fans. I would say the consensus is that they could do a lot better here, and there are it seems some good troupers working hard to ensure this side of things improves. I hope so.

The fact that 2) is in need of real improvement, is not in itself evidence that the branding is the cause of it. Looking at it the other way, if they had come in and entirely energised the way fans are embraced, we would not be having the discussion about branding at all, I suspect.

SL is not going to bin BS or the new branding. The question fans face therefore is whether we want SL out, if enough feel they cannot live with it.

There is no mood for that at all. It would be a worldy own goal.

The way forward then is to stop the blunderbus approach of shooting at the branding, corporate men in suits etc etc, and get out the snipers gun, and aim to work in a much more focussed way with them, as to how we retain a broad church approach to supporting our club. As indeed it seems some are seeking to do.

I think those PR Gaffes are problems though, those responsible haven't exactly earned themselves any brownie points with our supporters. Those need to stop.

Other than that, impressive design, genuinely excited to use it.

It does look fantastic.

I note a few comments about the gap between the Ateyo standand the rest of the ground. Keeping the gaps and the Ateyo keeps character of the ground and keeps it a British ground in respect that all the stands dont look the same. It also allows for a sense of scale and a sense of place when you are sat in the ground.

Cant wait for it to be completed , even if the gas builds at UWE this is a far superior ground that they will ever build.

Its local , its in Bristol not an out of town souless identikit souless cheap bowl they are looking to build,

I know exactly what your say but NO the atyeo looks shit...

Hopefully in years to come we will have prem football, the need for expansion, and will have hopefully bought up all the houses needed to build a huge 7,000 seater cop end for our home fans ;)

I know exactly what your say but NO the atyeo looks shit...

Hopefully in years to come we will have prem football, the need for expansion, and will have hopefully bought up all the houses needed to build a huge 7,000 seater cop end for our home fans ;)

I don't have much of a problem with the Atyeo and don't think it looks as bad as others have suggested. It is still fundamentally a modern(ish) structure and not a million miles different in appearance from the new stands. Keeping it seperate at least enables us to avoid accusations of having built a soulless boul, and gives the stadium a more distinctive appearance.

I accepted the previous point about the video being a marketing tool for non-football revenue such as conferences but those new seats will only be filled by success on the pitch which is down to the players and managers performing well; Aden Flint's dramatic turnaround in form was down to his hard work in the summer not to a new corporate structure.

Oh course, the board are blamed when things are going badly but can't possibly get any credit for success...

I think Steve Lansdown is quiet within his rights to invest in whatever sports he likes regardless of whether they make a profit, if thats what he enjoys. Bristol Sport isn't just about Bristol City, I guess that's what upsets many people.

I think Steve Lansdown is quiet within his rights to invest in whatever sports he likes regardless of whether they make a profit, if thats what he enjoys. Bristol Sport isn't just about Bristol City, I guess that's what upsets many people.

I wouldn't be remotely interested in what Bristol Sport did if Bristol City owned its own ground.

It's a sodding video; more money thrown away by Bristol Sport and it's worked because it has impressed people who like shiny things.

The only thing that matters is what the new ground looks like when finished.

If somebody knocked up a video of our winning the Premier League would you be applauding them too?  Or would you actually want to win it for real?

Get over it...

FFS - when our club does something professional - it gets knocked - a sad post fella

It looks great. I'm looking forward to sitting in the finished stands. (always thought it odd that one sits in a "stand")

I don't care if you say it's Lansdown, Bristol Sport or just "the club" - I'm just grateful to all whose money and work is putting this project together.

It looks like we have a stadium to be proud of, and a unique and quirky one too.

Archived