IGNORED

Bristol Sport To Release Stadium Fly-Through Video

CyderInACan

Enjoyed watching that. I don't think they could have made that any better really.

It feels odd being so positive about every aspect of our club at the moment and long may it continue.

On a side note, I noticed that my wifes old man is going to need to go on a diet  :shifty:

HMdm47N.png

Enjoyed watching that. I don't think they could have made that any better really.

It feels odd being so positive about every aspect of our club at the moment and long may it continue.

On a side note, I noted that my wifes old man is going to need to go on a diet  :shifty:

HMdm47N.png

rubbish,

the food is still shit and overpriced

Absolutely. Who wouldn't want to be a guest at a wedding where the spread includes a bottle of warm coke (no lid), a packet of giant chocolate buttons and a bovril.

For those pushing the boat out, they could go with the hot and cold buffet option. Where the skilled caterers manage to burn the ouside of a sausage roll but magically leave the inside frozen. It's almost like one of those Heston whatshisname creations.

Hahahaha !! :laughcont:

Surely the legroom in the new Williams and South stands will be identical and equally spacious?

I'm not sure you can make a judgement on legroom from the video anyway.

Perhaps not, but it might be a consideration for some to move. I believe the seats,and therefore the legroom, in the upper Dolman are staying as they are which makes me think twice.

I really like the use of space on the concourses and that, although it looks a bit bland currently, it leaves plenty of room for personalising the South Stand in particular with Bristol City heritage stuff.

:

Whilst I share your preference, I doubt that a permanent nod to our heritage will be in place a la The Three Lions would be possible in a shared stadium. ( interchangeable Williams lighting points to this.

Surely the legroom in the new Williams and South stands will be identical and equally spacious?

I'm not sure you can make a judgement on legroom from the video anyway.

Think it was possibly with safe standing in mind

On a side note, I noticed that my wifes old man is going to need to go on a diet  :shifty:

HMdm47N.png

May I suggest the Lindley's diet. Bound to lose weight on that :ill:

I watched it with the sound muted - there's only so much torture I can endure in one session!

A very slick presentation, can't say any more than that as I'm choking on sour grapes. :ph34r:

From what some of our ITKs have been saying about the court case against Sainsburys you could very well have the UWE Stadium in a couple of years.

I won't be bolting my load just yet. Very fancy hi-tech video but architects/PR companies are excellent at making these fancy 3D images.

Until the stadium is complete and we get to see the build quality and materials up close it's impossible to say how good it'll be. Will it just be another Brighton or Cardiff in the concourses or are we genuinely doing something unique and classy here?

Hard to tell at the moment IMO.

I thought the lighting at night to make it Red or Blue depending on if it's Football or Rugby playing is a genius idea, and looks fantastic. I also love that it retains some character and individualness, to suggest it's bland is quite frankly a rediculous statement and probably a wind up. I think only the most cynical City fan can have anything but positive things to say about City, Bristol Sport or Steve Lansdown. This renovation is the start of this club finally growing up, exciting times!

Ps I also love how all the comments post 11pm last night were ultra negative and damning of Bristol Sport because of IT issues then they literally changed to huge positives in an instant! Classic fickleness that we all know and love!

Absolutely amazing video. One in the eye for the Bristol Sports doubters, to be sure.

Everybody should be very, very grateful that Bristol Sports came up with the idea to rebuild Ashton Gate in the first place. Where did they get that from?

And then to get this Mr Lansdown gentleman to foot the bill? Amazing!

Clearly I'm completely on my own in being disappointed by the video which I thought was a lost opportunity.  Turgid music, repetitive images, no real sense of vibrancy or excitement.  I've seen quite a few of these in my time, and thought this was far from the best.  But, hey, I accept it's all down to personal tastes, and I'm looking forward to the revamped stadium.

Clearly I'm completely on my own in being disappointed by the video which I thought was a lost opportunity.  Turgid music, repetitive images, no real sense of vibrancy or excitement.  I've seen quite a few of these in my time, and thought this was far from the best.  But, hey, I accept it's all down to personal tastes, and I'm looking forward to the revamped stadium.

Images seemed to be physiologically incompatible with each other. I'd like to see the archictecs grand design in pencil, off their clip hoard.

Of course, image and perception is all important in the cooperate age.

I thought I saw people stood up waving flags and heard an atmosphere, is this a realistic representation?

Certainly saw the *cough* BullShit logo on the menu in the image of one of the 12 new suites of course.

Images seemed to be physiologically incompatible with each other. I'd like to see the archictecs grand design in pencil, off their clip hoard.

Of course, image and perception is all important in the cooperate age.

I thought I saw people stood up waving flags and heard an atmosphere, is this a realistic representation?

Certainly saw the *cough* BullShit logo on the menu in the image of one of the 12 new suites of course.

If the Bristol Sport logo really offends you so much, then I'd suggest that now is the time to choose a different team to support.

It's not going to go away and it will be very evident.

Not something that most people will have a problem with. If it was Bristol Sport then I'd would be ADIDAS, PUMA etc. at least Bristol sport is local and unique and has our best interests at heart.

I might be being a little over the top here, but underneath in concourses I'd like to see something that is different from the normal under stand views i.e. concrete blocks/steel uprights/terracing.

Ideally, and it's a big ask, I'd like to see something like Caesars Palace in Vegas, or the main road at Disney land, where you're transported into a complete different environment.

For example, in Caesars Palace they have a curved internal roof that painted to look like the sky, and then at different times they project lights to change the colour - it's very very atmospheric.

In addition, places like Disney have cobbled stoned roads and the shops and units are designed to look like something i.e an old cottage/a cobblers/ a bakery etc..

Like I say, this is far too ambitious and I get the impression we'll probably just end up with concrete walls with some posters over the top, and simple hut units for the food and drink outlets.

Archived