IGNORED

Bristol Sport To Release Stadium Fly-Through Video

CyderInACan

A few thoughts: If i go in the new West stand I'm defiantly entering the arena via gate W5. Nobody seems to use it! I especially like the laser that changes the pitch markings automatically, very revolutionary! I Nobody serving in the concourses, as usual! I am also looking forward to seeing Metallica play and just look at the size of the mosh pit!!!

On a more serious note, there are a couple of mentions of adidas on the video which would be surprising given the acrimonious end to the recent contract but surely a mistake like that would be picked up?

Very, very impressive. My only gripe is the Atyeo / Dolman corner, surely something is going in there?

Never been clear what that corner will look like, and still isn't. My understanding is that corner will will house the press & media, TV editing suite and so on, also the police control room. But the detail, such as it is, looks different here than on the stills published a few months ago.

I remember being shouted down for saying it doesn't look like a bowl. It still doesn't look like a bowl.

It never looked like a bowl, and never will. The Richo, St Marys and the Madejski look like bowls. Ashton Gate does not.

Never been clear what that corner will look like, and still isn't. My understanding is that corner will will house the press & media, TV editing suite and so on, also the police control room. But the detail, such as it is, looks different here than on the stills published a few months ago.

Fairly sure that's Williams/Atyeo corner

Looks seriously impressive and for me, really lays to rest the disappointment of us pulling the plug on AV.

The only thing that concerns me is "Please note that this video is for illustrative purposes only and may not necessarily reflect the final build and fit-out".

If we build it like it's shown shown in the fly through, then it'll be a stadium to be proud of with a real wow factor.  I just hope we don't end up with a watered down version.  

This is a massive opportunity to put Bristol on the map and show we do have some ambition down here, so let's hope we grab it with both hands.

Blimey.

I do understand the legitimate concerns of a range of fans that the 'people' side of this is not right yet, and we could end up with a very vanilla atmosphere, and appreciate the work many like you are doing to try and make sure that does not happen.

But are you suggesting the new build itself is bland? Must confess, do not see that.

I'm not doing any more work than making 'internet noise', currently.

My only knock is that I'd have the exteriors all red and be shot of the irrelevant 'Bristol Sport' symbol. Other than that, a similar video would have been befitting of the Mall Cribbs Causeway when it was first knocked up. It is lacking fountains, though.

Still, it's the people that make a home and that can't be expressed in any animated video.

Just my views, glad they're allowed to be expressed here :)

Really, really happy with that. Glad it doesn't look like a bowl. Looks modern and retains old-fashioned elements at the same time.

Add on a few thousand safe-standing/unreserved seats at the back of the new East End and we're close to perfection. :thumbsup:

To perfect it we safe stand the rest of the EE

I'm not doing any more work than making 'internet noise', currently.

My only knock is that I'd have the exteriors all red and be shot of the irrelevant 'Bristol Sport' symbol. Other than that, a similar video would have been befitting of the Mall Cribbs Causeway when it was first knocked up. It is lacking fountains, though.

Still, it's the people that make a home and that can't be expressed in any animated video.

Just my views, glad they're allowed to be expressed here :)

'tis all red at the moment, and looks hideous. Has done for years (ever since they put the red cladding on, as it turns out).

Didn't notice any Bristol Sport branding on the video, but assuming it was there, fine with me. Not sure why you think it irrelevant, they are, after all, our current kit supplier. Adidas and before them, Puma, were fairly ubiquitous when they supplied our kit, so I guess the current lot are entitled to have a pop, are they not?

What did you expect, Sydney Opera House, perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically across the plain?

'tis all red at the moment, and looks hideous. Has done for years (ever since they put the red cladding on, as it turns out).

Didn't notice any Bristol Sport branding on the video, but assuming it was there, fine with me. Not sure why you think it irrelevant, they are, after all, our current kit supplier. Adidas and before them, Puma, were fairly ubiquitous when they supplied our kit, so I guess the current lot are entitled to have a pop, are they not?

What did you expect, Sydney Opera House, perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically across the plain?

to continue:-

Guest: "Don't be silly. I expect to be able to see the sea."

Basil: "You can see the sea! It's over there between the land and the sky!"

Guest: "I'd need a telescope to see that."

Basil: "Well might I suggest you move to a hotel closer to the sea. Or preferably in it."

Classic Cleese!

to continue:-

Guest: "Don't be silly. I expect to be able to see the sea."

Basil: "You can see the sea! It's over there between the land and the sky!"

Guest: "I'd need a telescope to see that."

Basil: "Well might I suggest you move to a hotel closer to the sea. Or preferably in it."

Classic Cleese!

Well quite

Think your entirely on your own here WTFIGO

Only having a laugh, but still reckon we should do everything we can do to keep Ashton Gate as 'City' as we can.

I understand the need for progress but Ashton Gate WAS rightfully ours.

Let's not forget that, eh?

**** Bristol Sport.

Only having a laugh, but still reckon we should do everything we can do to keep Ashton Gate as 'City' as we can.

I understand the need for progress but Ashton Gate WAS rightfully ours.

Let's not forget that, eh?

**** Bristol Sport.

**** Bristol Sport! What have they, or their owners ever done for us? Club is failing, no money to prop up our huge losses for years now, supermarket deal and stadium relocation fell through so now we're stuck at this old ground as we have nobody to put their hand in their pocket for us, only interested in using us for a profit, plummeting through the leagues... oh wait, wrong club.

**** Bristol Sport! What have they, or their owners ever done for us? Club is failing, no money to prop up our huge losses for years now, supermarket deal and stadium relocation fell through so now we're stuck at this old ground as we have nobody to put their hand in their pocket for us, only interested in using us for a profit, plummeting through the leagues... oh wait, wrong club.

Oh yes.

The renound saviour of all failing businesses has swooped in and restored us to our former glories*

*There's been some financial musical chairs that no one seems to understand, nor neither the point of, that FKA BCFC are now a 'sub brand' of. The owner of which, previously tore up the 1982 agreement that stated no one person could own a majority share, very quietly, at a time when the club was in the black and, may I add, in league 1. He has since lost BCFC it's one major asset (Ashton Gate) and it is now expected we somehow suck the balls of Bristol Sport - and **** knows what the purpose of them are! In a nutshell :)

Still, nice new arena or what ever.

Re AV, SL has my sympathy there. Bloody legislation in this country! That did take the piss.

I honestly walked up to the Dolman turnstyles when it was all happening and felt consciously that I was saying good bye.

I'm not bullshitting you that I was glad we stayed at Ashton Gate. Think it's a blessing in disguise.

Archived