IGNORED

Bristol Sport To Release Stadium Fly-Through Video

CyderInACan

Hugely impressive. I think what struck me most is that it appears the quality of the finish will be a cut above your average new stadium - more MK Dons than Cardiff.

Also puts to shame that Watford new stand walkthrough that I saw on here a while ago! Those who've seen it will know what I mean.

:fastasleep: That was dreadful!

I like the look of the new Williams as that looks a beast of a stand. The other stands are what I expected to look like (pitch view) from various past meetings I had attended along with other images seen and it's not bad ;) . The key for us all now is to get a happy medium in where fans will locate themselves and that is what has been debated lately more than looks (pitch view).

The interer is expected for the Williams and looks good. The south stand and dolman strikes me as watch this space as there could be more added and we have just seen the basics, there didn't appear to be many bars in the Dolman but that could be added later. They missed out the museum and players tunnel / dressing room areas as that would be interesting especially the museum.

Looking tidy and as I have said it is fan configuration in these stands that is key now.

It's Agard doing a back flip :D

On a different note, does anyone wanna marry me so we can have our wedding at Ashton Gate? :wub:

I think an Ashton Gate wedding will be fraught with problems. Guaranteed that some guests will insist on unreserved seating which might mean those with specific dietary requirements fail to get their correct meal and others will insist on standing throughout the reception making the job of the toastmaster really awkward.

'Please be upstanding (except for those who are already standing, you might want to sit), for your bride and groom'.

Magnificent, very impressive.  It really is stimulating to think this will be our new venue. I see nothing to grumble about.  I expect nothing, and when something like this comes along, it really is uplifting.

I am very proud of Bristol City F.C, Bristol Sport, Bristol Rugby and everyone else that has connections to the club. Thank you Steve, much appreciated.

Looks great to me. My club looking like an impressive stadium, can't believe it. I've written elsewhere that when I drove along Winterstoke Road last week, on a non match day, that it really struck me that the redevelopment will make the stadium have a real presence in the area, not just a tucked in behind retail and industrial units. It will have a definate entrance and identity. No one from outside the city will drive past and not notice or be aware of which clubs play there.

Also what impressed me from the video was the potential to generate non matchday income, it needs to be used and pay for itself. It has to be attractive against other venues and I think it will be. Also it looks like with matchday facilities being able to cater for everyone, from burgers, buffets to sit down dinners this will be another important earner.

And last but by no means least, we are doing all this without relocating. Credit to everyone involved. Seeing the building work so far and the ground change before my eyes has been really interesting. Makes me feel more part of it than if it were done behind closed doors and we just turn up on the opening day.

To the future...cheers!

I think an Ashton Gate wedding will be fraught with problems. Guaranteed that some guests will insist on unreserved seating which might mean those with specific dietary requirements fail to get their correct meal and others will insist on standing throughout the reception making the job of the toastmaster really awkward.

'Please be upstanding (except for those who are already standing, you might want to sit), for your bride and groom'.

Not to mention the guests still queuing to get through the Dolman turnstiles while the bride and groom are cutting the cake! :)

One detail which has been overlooked thus far is the excellent use of space, particularly the new open walkway/thoroughfare linking the EE entrance (winterstoke retail park) and smyth greville park.

Despite the extra westerly presence of the williams footprint, the remove of the hirerite, the porta cabins and 67(?) Ashton road will create a significantly large open passage.

Looks superb, great video too.

As a couple of others have said, the Dolman looks a completely new stand. I particularly like the underside edge of the roof and join with the South stand. Assuming it's going to look how it does in the video, it reminds me a little bit of the roof on the Stade Louis ii.

Can't wait until it's finished!!

I really like the use of space on the concourses and that, although it looks a bit bland currently, it leaves plenty of room for personalising the South Stand in particular with Bristol City heritage stuff.

The video gives a real sense of scale for those of us that maybe hadn't appreciated that until now.

I suspect not many of us will be availing ourselves of the corporate facilities, but it does look the business (so to speak..)

All red seats!! Never in doubt :thumbsup:

Just awaiting NickJ's arrival or something from WMTS about unreserved seating

Not sure what you are waiting for, but being in a very small minority never in favour of moving from Ashton Gate, and an even smaller minority who disagreed with SteveL when he said Ashton Gate was not financially viable, I feel vindicated.

The stadium is a stadium, I can't get too excited what it looks like, what is more important is:

- What's happening on the pitch. CHECK, atm, and as one who was also in a very small minority (I get used to it) positive about Cotterill from day one, once more I'm feeling quite smug.

- The location, in a traditional vibrant area - CHECK.

- What fans will be allowed to do in their stadium. The answer to this will dictate whether the stadium is lifeless and boring or - as Andrew Billingham has requested - a fortress...........

........ the point being made by WTMS about unreserved seating will be key, along with an absence of petty rules and regs. I am optimistic that Bristol Sport will come through on this.

The new stuff looks very impressive. Must say that, though, the Atyeo looks pretty poor, even compared with the Dolman. Curious, because the Dolman is much older.

I must have missed this, so be gentle with me. Will the egress from the Dolman be improved?

Maybe the symbol of the Dolmanites should be a egress rampant?

Looks seriously good.

Couple of observations....

1) Is that massive open area between the Dolman and Atyeo going to remain? I thought I heard they we're piling in that area the other day in preparation to build something?

2) Was that an air horn I heard when the flyover went up the Williams stairwell and into the seating? tut tut tut

And of course if Lindleys insist on doing the catering it's going to be catastrophic!

And of course if Lindleys insist on doing the catering it's going to be catastrophic!

That couldn't happen - could it? Can't someone destroy the negatives of SL with Linzi Drew?

It must be blackmail - there's no other conceivable reason we stick with Lindley's.

OK if the wedding reception's between 13:50 and 14:00, Rob.

Absolutely. Who wouldn't want to be a guest at a wedding where the spread includes a bottle of warm coke (no lid), a packet of giant chocolate buttons and a bovril.

For those pushing the boat out, they could go with the hot and cold buffet option. Where the skilled caterers manage to burn the ouside of a sausage roll but magically leave the inside frozen. It's almost like one of those Heston whatshisname creations.

Looks amazing, really impressive...one slight concern (not a complaint) is that there didn't look like there was much legroom in the one shot you see of the new Williams. Apart from that, that fly through made my balls go all fuzzy!! :)

However the leg room in the south stand will be some of the most spacious of any new stand in the country I think.

That's the other fly through that they have created secretly and are showing to a select few in the boardroom whilst laughing down their sleeves at the rest of us.

There are Bristol Sport flags on the approach - and there may well be blue lights for the egg-chasing.

Maybe one of our agents on the inside could get hold of the other video and put it up on here? Horace is pretty good at unseen foraging, mind...

Absolutely amazing video. One in the eye for the Bristol Sports doubters, to be sure.

Everybody should be very, very grateful that Bristol Sports came up with the idea to rebuild Ashton Gate in the first place. Where did they get that from?

And then to get this Mr Lansdown gentleman to foot the bill? Amazing!

Absolutely. Who wouldn't want to be a guest at a wedding where the spread includes a bottle of warm coke (no lid), a packet of giant chocolate buttons and a bovril.

For those pushing the boat out, they could go with the hot and cold buffet option. Where the skilled caterers manage to burn the ouside of a sausage roll but magically leave the inside frozen. It's almost like one of those Heston whatshisname creations.

That's OK, but will there be enough red stuff and yellow stuff? I saw a big container of the latter at Nevil Road, and I'll swear it was labelled "yellow stuff" ;)

Archived